WEEKEND photo fun Oct 5-6-7th

Nice Cement Factory Tom ! Josh looks like you made out pretty good. John Can't wait to see the finished arches.

This is from Saturday,a GP38 hi hood project #1 of 2.N scale of course :D

gp38b.jpg

Got the little beastie painted this am.I'm out of glosscote or she would have a bit of shine to her.ATLAS must have matched their CSX blue with Poly-Scale because as you can see it is damn near a perfect match

gp38c.jpg

Now I just have to wait for the rest of the parts to show up from ATLAS.:(

These will be special service Grande Valley units.

Well after a couple of false starts I worked out a way to get the roof linning in the arches, Because the arch in plan view curves I struggled with my pla to cut them to size before fitting, then I reaised I could fit them over size and par them down after.

Here are the results, from linning the centre two.

I also fitted the wall round the top. Im all out of plasticard now !

archandwall.jpg

archandwall1.jpg

archandwall2.jpg

John
RJR

Hi john, are you going to re-model the arches and supports with plaster, I made mine like this, this is all solid plaster though, its just a trial bridge not going to be included in my layout, maybe somethign similar.

Bridge_1_sm.jpg

Tom,
WOW, wonderful work you have there. What an inspiration.

Jeffrey,
Your photo work keeps improving.

Jeffrey uses the paper, because it applies better. I seem to remember him saying he tried the print your own decals and it failed miserably.

Jeffrey,
Did you apply those decals on a glossy surface? I can still see the edges so I assume you did not.

BTW, I like the decals better than the airmail paper.;)
The decals were appied on a flat surface (non-gloss). I don't have any setting solution so I just have to live with the edges for now. I also made some for the number boards. They were a real * to apply with my shaky hands.

P1010001-10.jpg

Went to the Colorado Railroad Museum over the weekend. Here is their HO scale layout:

img0829vp1.jpg

img0836sp0.jpg

If you put in a quarter, it runs some old Bachmann equipment.
img0841yb7.jpg

My favorite store!
img0844rs5.jpg

img0852mg7.jpg

img0854wn1.jpg

Look at that GIANT staging yard!
img0855fv7.jpg

img0856kl3.jpg

img0857to6.jpg

img0863jn2.jpg

img0861wu3.jpg

img0864cl8.jpg

img0866ru0.jpg

img0870pu3.jpg

There's lots of fun stuff outside, here are some highlights.
CB&Q 4-8-4
img0936mc1.jpg

Former Rock Island SW900
img0915kq9.jpg

Newly-restored D&RGW
img0946cp3.jpg

D&RGW F-units
img0908ii0.jpg

Jeffrey, nice job on the decals. That looks very good! Even with fairly steady hands and magnifiers on, decals are a very frustrating thing to do. It is one of the few times that I use all those words I learned back in Jr. High on a regular basis....... Your patience and tenacity have paid off with a much better look.

smoke where do get the mu hoses and mu connection, and knuckle thingie(can't remember the real name):D

mu hoses :

The MU hoses are supplied with the model.

mu connection:
The MU cable hose is extra light bulb wire painted yellow.:)

And knuckle thingie:
Are you talking about the coupler. that's KATO as well.

-Smoke

going to have to look thru the kato box. I dont remember seeing those items.
The mu hoses are on a sprue, and are a gray color. I painted the ends silver to simulate the metal ends. Like wise I also painted the coupler a rusty color.

Jeffrey, most decal setting solution is just vinegar diluted with a little water. Try about 80% vinegar with 20% water for your next decals and I thik you'll be pleased with the results.

Zephyr, that railroad museum layout in Golden is really something, isn't it. Quite a level of detail for a layout that big - I could have stayed there for hours. The 1:1 models aren't bad either. :)

Back