WEEKEND photo fun Oct 5-6-7th

Well, all your pictures are really nice with some great modeling too. It's so nice to look at people's work without wading through sewage. :( I have a few pics of my stuff but I'm afraid it doesn't come up to most of the standards I've seen here.

This is an RTR Athearn GM&O GP38-2 I've detailed pulling into the station for some interchange work with the Prattville & Northern, my impoverished shortline:

GMOatStationMedium.jpg

This is the P&N 70 tonner getting refueled. Spike is handling the hose and Billy Ray, President and CEO of the P&N, is supervising to make sure the Texaco guy doesn't cheat him. Billy Ray has been fixin' to get a fuel storage tank for about ten years but hasn't gotten around to it yet.
FillingUpMedium.jpg

Finally, since I'm an ex-cop. I must have some police cars. This is Officer Mike from Hillside PD comparing notes with Sheriff Herbie. Sheriff Herbie gets a new ride every year and Hillside has to make do with 10 year old Crown Vics. The Sheriff's unit is a $6 Model Power Crown Vic Police Interceptor, which actually has better details than the more expensive black and white Busch vehicle. Have to make your own light bar and decal it though.
PDandSheriff3Medium.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I like that Model Power Crown Vic, might have to get me a dozen to complement my CHP units. After all I have no city or county vehicles yet.

Jeffrey, most decal setting solution is just vinegar diluted with a little water. Try about 80% vinegar with 20% water for your next decals and I thik you'll be pleased with the results.
I dunno about that. I'm not saying it will not work, but...

Walthers Solvaset is Methoxy-2-propanol, and methoxy-1-propanal, and well
http://www.bocedwards.com/pdf/P120-20-010 1-Methoxy-2-propanol MSDS.pdf
You definitely do not want that in your system...

However, I'd like to see if the vinegar idea works.

Wow, I like that Model Power Crown Vic, might have to get me a dozen to complement my CHP units. After all I have no city or county vehicles yet.

You can get them for a really good price at policecarmodels.com. I'm really impressed -it even has the dual exhausts coming out from under the bumpers in the right places. They also have one that has a Vision light bar mounted and I think it's only $8. I got the plain black unit and the Busch light bar set and decaled it with the Microscale Generic Police, Fire, and Emergency vehicle sheet. Lots of good stuff there. The Busch unit looks fine if you just want a generic police car but it doesn't have the right details for a Crown Vic Police Interceptor. 99% of the people probably wouldn't notice it but, after driving around in one for so many years, it grates me if they don't look right. :)

I dunno about that. I'm not saying it will not work, but...

Walthers Solvaset is Methoxy-2-propanol, and methoxy-1-propanal, and well
http://www.bocedwards.com/pdf/P120-20-010 1-Methoxy-2-propanol MSDS.pdf
You definitely do not want that in your system...

However, I'd like to see if the vinegar idea works.

I don't know about Solvaset because I haven't used it in years. I use Badger Decal set and dumped a bottle over by accident yesterday. The garage still smells like vinegar so, unless there's some other chemical that smells like vinegar, it's got a lot of vinegar in it.

Zephyr really like that museum . Not many people will put a blimp in thier pictures and it was a nice touch ! And the rest of you guys excellent work also !

I know its Monday the 8th, but for me, its a Holiday weekend. I dunno why the government has Columbus day off, but...

?????????????
Day Off???
?????????????

Our garbage was picked up, the banks were open and the county health department was active on Monday.
Then again, Florida is a "Right To Work" State. Employers here don't observe hardly any holidays.
Sorry to stray off topic, but the columbus day thing had me looking around and scratching my head. what holiday???:p

But I love those old 4-4-0 and 4-6-0 type Locos. They and their associated rolling stock looks so small compared to newer era stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get them for a really good price at policecarmodels.com. I'm really impressed -it even has the dual exhausts coming out from under the bumpers in the right places. They also have one that has a Vision light bar mounted and I think it's only $8. I got the plain black unit and the Busch light bar set and decaled it with the Microscale Generic Police, Fire, and Emergency vehicle sheet. Lots of good stuff there. The Busch unit looks fine if you just want a generic police car but it doesn't have the right details for a Crown Vic Police Interceptor. 99% of the people probably wouldn't notice it but, after driving around in one for so many years, it grates me if they don't look right. :)
http://truckstopmodels.com/catalog_order_forms/all_order_parts.php

They've got the light bars from Busch, all 3 versions or US styles. I'll just pick up the ones I need and drop them on the cars. They don't, however, have the new LED bars that the sheriff's department down here in San Diego has now. The base I work on has some I've never seen before too, I'll try to get a shot.

Thanks for the link, I'll have to order me a few later this year. I have 8 Busch Crown Vic's decorated for CHP, not one Caprice yet.

I don't know about Solvaset because I haven't used it in years. I use Badger Decal set and dumped a bottle over by accident yesterday. The garage still smells like vinegar so, unless there's some other chemical that smells like vinegar, it's got a lot of vinegar in it.
Odd, I'll have to check it out.

?????????????
Day Off???
?????????????

Our garbage was picked up, the banks were open and the county health department was active on Monday.
Then again, Florida is a "Right To Work" State. Employers here don't observe hardly any holidays.
Sorry to stray off topic, but the columbus day thing had me looking around and scratching my head. what holiday???:p

But I love those old 4-4-0 and 4-6-0 type Locos. They and their associated rolling stock looks so small compared to newer era stuff.
Hey I dunno, not my decision to make! The Post Office was closed, and the military shut down, lol. Thats the only part I like about working on a military base, we close for allot of stuff. Next weekend is the yearly air show, so I won't have time to post anything.

Hi john, are you going to re-model the arches and supports with plaster, I made mine like this, this is all solid plaster though, its just a trial bridge not going to be included in my layout, maybe somethign similar.

Bridge_1_sm.jpg

Stunning bridge there , The viaduct I have base mine on is Glenfinnan which is cast concrete. I chose it mainly because I didnt think i was up to the challange of getting the brick work right.

John
RJR

Back