Running Bear's March 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning from a white covered So. Central Wisconsin. So far about 5” on the ground and it should stop in 2.5 hours. It did arrive though about 4 hours sooner then guessed at by the WW’s.

Took Terry’s car to the dealer for a recall. Normally the dealer will pick up her car but they called after 6pm yesterday, (yes, Sunday) explaining staff shortages and if we dropped it off we could have a free loaner. So, this morning was like going back to work. Left the house though 2 hours later then the old 5:30am. Got to the dealership and they had brought the loaner inside to clean off the snow. So, just driving slower then the speed limit due to conditions. They were surprised we were on time. Stopped on the way home to have breakfast and the owner commented he liked the car. Terry told him it’s a loaner. He said good you probably could get 2 of Terry’s cars in that thing. He is not too far off on that.

The electrician is due here @ 10am. He has to wire the power room up for another Powerwall from Telsa. This is our 5th one and we should have plenty of storage. This has been on back order for 2 years, then lost in transit, short staff at the electricians and finally no one experienced with the Powerwall. They are having the retired guy who installed our others install this. He’s been gone since before Xmas.

This afternoon the backup furnace is getting replaced by what originally was ordered for the house, 2.5 years ago. Lots of unbelievable stories for this one. The HVAC guys said about 3 hours worth of work and no charge.

No trains until hopefully after the tradesmen leave. If they get out by 4, I can get some more weathering done after dinner at 6.

TomO

SteveJ.

Is the following true? I only have 3 unbuilt kits left!
393DF1A6-3DBE-4453-B97C-91EFEF3F7AE1.jpeg

Chad - The Keto diet becomes a high protein diet without intending to be just because folks using it substitute proteins more than low carb veggies.

Correct. People can't follow the diet. I've found also that they aren't replacing with fats as much as they should be.

I'll admit my following tends to add extra protein but I work at adding the fat without undo extra protein. It is hard though.

I use MCT C-8 oil (not general MCT oil with C-8/C-10/C-12 oils but the C-8 only version which is the better version) and I make a custom hot cocoa with no sugar -- using raw Kakao powder and a little dutched baking cocoa to smooth it over, monk fruit and a monk fruit/erythritol sweetener, and a small amount of butter and cocoa butter and a lot of MCT oil added so very hi fat, low "counted" [non fiber] carbs as there is no starch or sugars, and it is awesome. I also add "DaVinci no-sugar" coffee flavoring syrup to it often and use a non dairy no carb creamer in it. The syrup is no carb, using Sucralose as a sweetener, and it allows me to change the cocoa up daily so it doesn't get boring. (I use vanilla, hazelnut, raspberry as my main mix-in but also caramel, and strawberry and coconut occasionally)

That cocoa and a "Two Good" or a non-fat / no sugar added yoghurt with MCT oil added (makes the disgusting on fat yoghurt quite good but I also add it to the "Two Good" yoghurt as well which makes it really creamy) are the usual breakfast. Every once in a while I add an egg or egg and bacon. Mostly ont as also trying to limit calories and the cocoa is high calorie due to the oil.

I use the grass fed butter (usually Kerrygold from Ireland) on everything I eat butter on or in as it tastes a lot better and has more "good stuff" in it in addition to the butter fat. My main fat adder is the MCT oil but I do eat a crisp bread (mostly fiber) with some butter on it occasionally.

Took Terry’s car to the dealer for a recall. Normally the dealer will pick up her car but they called after 6pm yesterday, (yes, Sunday) explaining staff shortages and if we dropped it off we could have a free loaner.

Is it per chance an Audi?

I have an open recall on my A3 e-tron sportback but it sounded like a general problem with the passenger airbag sensor... You've mentioned it being a German car in the past.

George - I am not meaning to argue with you regarding NY, but as Patrick reiterated, $15/hr is adequate in low cost of living states in this part of the US. No you can't buy a home or a new car, but you can definitely live on it unless you have ten kids or something. Two immediate comparisons are gasoline tax in NY is 48¢/gal, while in TX it's 20¢/gal. I have 15 acres, 1500 sq ft house and the 800 sq ft train shed and my property taxes are just over $800, compared with your $8000. I am assuming here that's what you meant by that figure. That's a hell of a heating bill, In mid-summer our A/C costs about $150/month.
Willie here's a list of the bills we have to pay and we don't have house or car payment. Auto ins, Cable TV & Internet, Electric, Food, Fuel oil, Gas, Health & Drug Ins, (which doesn't count the amount our drug ins doesn't cover). House Ins, Phone. School & Town Tax, Vet Bills. That's the basics. It doesn't count any things like lawn mowers, fertilizer, Appliances that need to be replaced. We had the roof replaced about 8 years ago 28 squares $24,000.00 and it goes on and on. I just had the tires and brakes replaced on our 2 vehicles that was $2,000.00. I've never added everything all up. It's way more than $30,000.00 a year. Add a mortgage and car payments to all that. How would that work out for you? I have everything on automatic payment. My wife has no idea about any income or payments. That's the way it is, only to get worse.
George

Last edited:
Willie here's a list of the bills we have to pay and we don't have house or car payment. Auto ins, Cable TV & Internet, Electric, Food, Fuel oil, Gas, Health & Drug Ins, (which doesn't count the amount our drug ins doesn't cover). House Ins, Phone. School & Town Tax, Vet Bills. That's the basics. It doesn't count any things like lawn mowers, fertilizer, Appliances that need to be replaced. We had the roof replaced about 8 years ago 28 squares $24,000.00 and it goes on and on. I've never added everything all up. It's way more than $30,000.00 a year. Add a mortgage and car payments to all that. How would that work out for you? I have everything on automatic payment. My wife has no idea about any income or payments. That's the way it is, only to get worse.
George

Seems llike this is self inflicted pain based on your choice of residence. (I realize there may be circumstances that lead to this choice).

Good Morning Everyone....over-cast and snowing in this part of Wisconsin. Maybe five inches of new snow, but it's melting on contact with the pavement so the driveway is basically clear.

Boris: Your spring bulbs are being eaten by the deer. Try some Liquid Fence which works great for us at the cabin and protects our hosta's. Our spring birds that arrive early are the Red Wing Black Birds that always come on between March 15th and March 19th without fail. Our Daffadils are ups about 12 inches next to the house.

Started the day with a "Fake" email saying there was some suspicious activity on my PayPal account and ask me to click on the link below and log into my PayPal account. Funny the timing of this email was a day or so after contacting a vendor regarding a transaction so it almost made me do what the email asked me to do before thinking the email completely through. I'm thinking about closing the PayPal account anyway. Too many ways to have access to charge card information.

Puppy siting again while Cathy is shopping.

Watching some up-scale condos being constructed near us and the progress is so slow. I imagine that certain materials and labor is hard to find at this time and the completion schedules for the condos being extended. My former assistant purchased one of the condos with a finish date of last July and his condo is just now near completion. I watched the price of the condos rise over $125k in less than a year. The price of lumber being just one construction item is just unbelievable.

We purchased a new refrigerator and while not the top of the line, it's a terrible appliance. The freezer is never cold enough and the items on the door are cool at best. Service guy says that's about par for the course with new refrigerators. The neighbors next door purchased a refrigerator to fit the space they had and after six months the mother board burned out. Six months to a year wait for a new one. The washing machine repair/guy stated the same for washing machines. He said keep out old machine and just repair it since new machines are basically plastic gears and the old machines' gears are metal and last forever.

Signals and crossing signals are hard to find these days. I like Tomar products but most are back ordered at Walthers. I have one crossing signal that I purchased years ago and I am missing its mate. Nowhere to be found.

Received a second "Fake" email while on the Forum. This one is about my Norton Anti-Spam protection. It's deleted and now gone.

That's about all for now...........................

Greg

######################

Last edited:
Seems llike this is self inflicted pain based on your choice of residence. (I realize there may be circumstances that lead to this choice).
I know people who live in NC and make $30,000.00 a year and are having car and dentals troubles. They tell me their only option is the credit card. I don't know what rate credits cards charge now but it's somewhere you don't want to go.
George

Is that CDN dollar?

Our gasoline jumped a month or so ago from 3.09 to 3.29 to 3.19 to 3.39 a couple weeks ago and this past week or week and a half it went to 3.59, 3.69, and 3.79 in just a couple of days. Really sucks.

Luckily electricity hasn't changed so my driving around town on electric power (at least for part of the trip until the small battery depletes) hasn't gotten much more expensive. But the wife's car and the boys car (I subsidize his gasoline partly as he runs errands for us, takes his sister to school on averge once a week, etc) have gotten more expensive to drive.
One real advantage to electric cars, the rates do not swing as wildly, especially on residential customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back