Running Bear's February 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right, but most women talk with their hands!
the. Females in my family have a habit of speaking with their hands and any kitchen utensils that come to hand, cast iron pots included, hot cups of tea not with standing I have ducked my self when I annoyed my mum,never ever swear in her presence, luckily for my family I don’t throw things,nor get slap happy, and the other half hates videos o f himself cos he hand waves like he is speaking with flags.
If this is boring you, you only have your self to blame, you opened the conversation :p

I know you don’t like the word cowar…… but you remind me of a friendly lion lol. speaking of which I need to change my avatar back to the station cat, I should have included

I know you don’t like the word cowar…… but you remind me of a friendly lion lol. speaking of which I need to change my avatar back to the station cat, I should have included the teeth….
I'm no coward, but I do know discretion, sometimes, is better than valour, also, never start an argument you know you'll never win. :)

I know it sounds a bit silly, but if you don’t take vit D3 I would take some asap, it won’t cure everything you have but. It might help your body cope better,and I think even a small tweak might help you at the moment.
Thanks for the suggestion, JAZ! Have been taking D3 for several years along with other heart/BP meds and vit.

I actually slept 2 hours yesterday afternoon - and from 8PM till Midnight. Have been awake since then.
I screwed up yesterday - Dr appointment is today - not yesterday.
Pulse rate was 148 a few min ago. This is just So much fun -- no energy and hypervent!

Awake at 3 am... It's now 4:40am almost. OOOPs... it's now 5:48... forgot to hit post reply...

That's four hours of sleep, right! Brain says get going!

Still fighting the 3D printer issues. Back to basics...

Since I'm awake, here are pics of when a 3D print goes bad:

Screenshot 2022-02-17 at 5.47.59 AM.png

Running a basic flat piece to dial in the bed levelling...

Screenshot 2022-02-17 at 5.47.38 AM.png

Once I get that good, I'll resave the gcode files with increased hot end and bed temps. Fix one problem, then move on to the next one. One at a time.

Good morning all! Pouring rain and 51 with the temp expected to rise to 55 and then start falling. Expecting rain all day and about the time I get off work it will change to freezing rain. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate winter? I hate winter.

Got a surprise yesterday. I applied for an IT job with the local community college a while back and figured by now I wasn't going to hear from them. The job posting says the position is filled. They called me yesterday and asked me to come in tomorrow (Friday) for an interview. Pretty excited for the opportunity and really hope it get the job. It's a little more money than I make now and it's the kind of work I really want to do. Also, it would cut my daily commute from 25 miles each way to around 10 miles each way. One more advantage is I'd be working in the same time zone in which I live instead of traveling back and forth between Central time and Eastern every day. I've been studying to take the CompTia A+ exams but not quite ready for them. Really really hoping I get this job!!!

For today, it's off to work soon for another day of aggravation and frustration. The company insists on keeping us at less than minimum staffing and I'm tired of it. It's exhausting and ridiculous that their theory seems to be they have no reason to hire people when they can just make us work twice as hard. Meanwhile they had a big lavish store managers meeting with all the company bigwigs in Vegas last week on the company dime. Did I mention how much I hope I get this new job??? ;-) I have to work overnights next week to help get the store ready for inventory. The upside is I get a three day weekend this week and next week.

Sherrel: My best wishes to you that you start feeling much much better very soon.

Ok, time to get ready for work. Hope you all have a great day!

Last edited:
Good morning all! Pouring rain and 51 with the temp expected to rise to 55 and then start falling. Expecting rain all day and about the time I get off work it will change to freezing rain. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate winter? I hate winter.

Got a surprise yesterday. I applied for an IT job with the local community college a while back and figured by now I wasn't going to hear from them. The job posting says the position is filled. They called me yesterday and asked me to come in tomorrow (Friday) for an interview. Pretty excited for the opportunity and really hope it get the job. It's a little more money than I make now and it's the kind of work I really want to do. Also, it would cut my daily commute from 25 miles each way to around 10 miles each way. One more advantage is I'd be working in the same time zone in which I live instead of traveling back and forth between Central time and Eastern every day. I've been studying to take the CompTia A+ exams but not quite ready for them. Really really hoping I get this job!!!

For today, it's off to work soon for another day of aggravation and frustration. The company insists on keeping us at less than minimum staffing and I'm tired of it. It's exhausting and ridiculous that their theory seems to be they have no reason to hire people when they can just make us work twice as hard. Meanwhile they had a big lavish store managers meeting with all the company bigwigs in Vegas last week on the company dime. Did I mention how much I hope I get this new job??? ;-) I have to work overnights next week to help get the store ready for inventory. The upside is I get a three day weekend this week and next week.

Sherrel: My best wishes to you that you start feeling much much better very soon.

Ok, time to get ready for work. Hope you all have a great day!
Good luck with the interview, keeping fingers crossed for you too.

Good Morning gang!

50° and cloudy, heading to 65°

Flo, Sausage gravy over biscuits please, and a large coffee.

Smudge. Do you really like "pokin the bear"? ;) Jaz is liable to get your butt, when you least expect it!

Terry. Just scrape that old place off your shoe like dog 💩 and move on. Save it for the exit interview. Lord knows I've got a list stored up!

Troy, Edison didn't invent the light bulb right away, he just kept trying. You'll get it yet!

Sherril . Get better!! 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Ken, good luck with the interview!

BBL

Good Morning gang!

Smudge. Do you really like "pokin the bear"? ;) Jaz is liable to get your butt, when you least expect it!

Terry. Just scrape that old place off your shoe like dog 💩 and move on. Save it for the exit interview. Lord knows I've got a list stored up!

Troy, Edison didn't invent the light bulb right away, he just kept trying. You'll get it yet!

BBL
Ive got a big butt, and I need to lose more weight anyway. 🤣

Good Morning All. Currently cloudy and 55° with minor showers off and on. Next and final wave of showers in about 30 minutes (0600). Around 0700, a major wind shift out of the north at 25 mph+, and the temperature will drop all day to an overnight low of 23°. After that, rising highs culminating in 80° on Monday with rain and then crappy weather for a few days, maybe even snow on Wednesday/Thursday. Absolute roller coaster weather here for the next ten days. Currently using the flashlight, it appears that there is 0.15" in the rain gauge.

So that cold front will hit about the time that I will be heading out for the weekly grocery/beer trek. Let's see how much prices have gone up in the last week. Same for gas. In the last two weeks, gas has gone from below $3/gal to $3.19/gal Tuesday evening when we went to town to eat.

Thanks for the likes and comments regarding my latest build; Steve J, Patrick, Joe, Mikey, Smudge, James, Karl, Tom O, Hughie, Gary, Dave B, Louis, Tom, Guy, OB Ken, Rick.

Out in the train shed yesterday, I disassembled the structure and added the window treatments. Then I reassembled it and here is Village Apothecary.
IMG_0412.JPG

A little weathering today and I'll be done.

Troy - Seems as if 3D printing is just as big of a hassle as DCC! ;)
OB Ken - Good luck with the job interview.

A bit short today, but I have to start a fire and get ready for the trip to town. It has fallen 11° since I began and is now at 44°
Everybody have a wonderful day. Stay safe.

Good Morning gang!

BBL
Plus technically he is within reach, I think he is here in the uk? So no safe pond between him and me I think. luckily for him we don’t own a Doberman at the mom LOL. although I think I mentioned the corgi that hospitalised someone, I have Only ever met one dog that does not like ‘ distrust me and as he’s a rescue I think I look like or smell like someone who mistreated him, usually when I go near dogs that know me they rush over for a rump scratch, plus the one dog that used to run up and hump my leg - thankfully he is long gone, the owners never popped him out of the way, and luckily for him I’m a dog lover so he never got the slap one actually deserved. as we all know my love of dogs and specific dogs
D14ED948-21FA-4002-B81F-601167CFB738.jpeg
34DA678B-A7E1-457F-AB60-E6A3B309B642.jpeg
2593AD3A-9FEA-4BDA-92C4-943BDFBD38A7.jpeg
FAAC141D-7348-4043-BA8F-58C79B0F3B29.jpeg
E1E7DDD1-6055-40CF-B3A5-BCEA2A44979A.jpeg

Attachments

• B873B692-0CCF-43CB-8F4C-978A9DDB1850.jpeg
    B873B692-0CCF-43CB-8F4C-978A9DDB1850.jpeg
    432.6 KB · Views: 55
  • B1A5D00C-2E70-4C0C-B32A-06756187ED78.jpeg
    B1A5D00C-2E70-4C0C-B32A-06756187ED78.jpeg
    544.3 KB · Views: 52
  • CE408D39-4B81-4A32-8E77-355CF90A136C.jpeg
    CE408D39-4B81-4A32-8E77-355CF90A136C.jpeg
    417 KB · Views: 52
  • 979C7E6A-5CEE-45D9-99C3-314D7161FD5A.jpeg
    979C7E6A-5CEE-45D9-99C3-314D7161FD5A.jpeg
    472.4 KB · Views: 53
Morning fellers. Man what a week this has been. Not too much good going on to say the least. Decided to take on learning DCC. That didn't pan out nowhere near what I thought it would. Poor reception from Digitrax about just killed it for me. It definitely put a sour taste in my mouth. I did touch base with one of the better techs. I just don't know if it's even worth the headache. Good thing I have great DC throttles to fall back on. My last purchase from eBay came in with only one of the two items I ordered. So I had to message the seller on why he only sent one of the two items. He's supposed to send me the other one today. I suppose we will see. So a good run of bad luck here. With the weather about to do some off the wall stuff tonight into tomorrow. Who even knows? Anyways that's all I have for now.

Good morning all,

12 below headed for 9 above. Beautiful bright moon driving in today.

Ken - hope the job pans out. At age 63 I finally got a good place to work, although it is 62 miles each way. At least it is Beautiful rural scenery the whole way.

Willie - you sure put those buildings together quickly, and always first class!

Will post my photo later

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back