Running Bear's December 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon All,

Spent several hours in the train room. I still need to put down weed clusters (second section) because I had to make a bunch and they take 24 hours to dry properly. I put in a light (yard office) for the middle section and put down the initial layer of ballast on the last 2 tracks (diesel servicing area-third area). I'm not sure what will get done this weekend if anything. I expect to be done with this section next week.

Our gas locally is around $3.20/gallon.

Karl- Holy crapola! :eek:. That is a huge amount of brass.

Sherrel- When I retired the first time, I changed from drinking black coffee to drinking it with powdered cream and blue sugar. No idea why.

Troy- Making good progress.

Patrick- They will be sorry when you retire.

Joe- Nice B&O photo.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Yes I am using code 83 and I am using all left hand ME Ladder switches for the yard. I was able to get the following:

QTY. (1) #5b left hand for the entry (5a is not necessary)
QTY. (2) #5c left hand
QTY. (4) #5d left hand
and a 50 pack of rail joiners.

I need to get (1) #5e left hand the last ladder turnout. Hopefully I can find it......

My LHS has at least one more package of Micro Engineering Code 83 non-weathered HO track. Just stopped by. He had two and I took one.

Right, Here's the C-424 in all it's glory.
I thought this might be a re-paint of a re-paint, now I'm not so sure, seems only the bottom half of the bodyshell has been hand painted. But where's the blue from?

Attachments

• 20211217_201513.jpg
    20211217_201513.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 20211217_201553.jpg
    20211217_201553.jpg
    529.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
I heard this song today
Of course I thought of my Angel. Then I heard this line "you make if feel like Christmas, even when things go wrong" and it reminded me of an incident we had one Christmas when I was disabled and having a very bad run with my health. I came into the kitchen and my wife was putting dirty dishes from Christmas dinner into a large plastic tub. Then I see her grab the dish soap. I asked "what are you doing?" She nonchalantly said "I'm taking these outback to wash them." ??? "Why?", I asked. "The drain is backed up, I can't use the dishwasher or the sink." She said. I tell her "I'm not dead yet. Tamas (our son) can help me snake the drain." That is an example of what kind of person my wife is. Half hour later the drain was clear, dishwasher loaded and my son knows how to snake a drain.

Last edited:
Stand your ground she is just spoiling it,you need sone little chocolate treats to fend her off lol. The other half and I have been on a diet for 9 months,very successfully I might add,but he comes through some times with a licorice,a jelly and a lemon sherbet on the odd occasion in the evening and it brightens your day to cheat on the calories but even that little bit,so don’t let her at the main pressie but a little something to sweeten the wait might keep her happy and help your resolve,

a ‘voucher’ for a lip stick or nail varnish or a bath bomb,nothing expensive but a treat might stop her nagging you,I can wait my other half has no patience and normally buys sonething big that he attributes to Xmas,he has tried suckering me to accept things I need for things I want that rarely works,he knows better than to offer me a iron,vacuum cleaner, or kitchen item,he can’t run fast enough…..lol not that it would natter he outstrips me by 7in in height and is gal as much as my weight and most of it is muscl, not certain how fast he can duck though chuckles…..actually he is really lucky my mother,her mother and the great grandmother were all known for throwing stuff the eldest apparently once lobbed an iron frying lab! As for me I am too tight to throw something and break it.
JazA

you have been a delightful surprise here in the diner. Truly hope someday we can meet

TomO

Yes I am using code 83 and I am using all left hand ME Ladder switches for the yard. I was able to get the following:

QTY. (1) #5b left hand for the entry (5a is not necessary)
QTY. (2) #5c left hand
QTY. (4) #5d left hand
and a 50 pack of rail joiners.

I need to get (1) #5e left hand the last ladder turnout. Hopefully I can find it......
James I had to search for myself. No 5e left hand code 83’s anywhere. Did find some some codes 70‘s though.
It always amazes me when track is out of stock at my go to places but I looked at quite a few others including Watlhers.

good luck
tomO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back