Running Bear’s November 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back from the club, got to test out the grain train. Had to make a few adjustments to some trucks that were too tight. After that added a rear pusher for a reel test of handling, and all 36 cars ran good without any problems.
IMG_4561.jpg
IMG_4562.jpg
IMG_4563.jpg

All the talk about outside Christmas decorations, I thought I would share my thoughts.
I love them, from the simplest to the most elaborate. I appreciate any effort people make on Christmas decorations.
A house in Silver Spring, MD (Washington DC suburb) had a small dead tree in the yard. It was bare of leaves, but they had hung a dozen or so shinny Christmas balls of various colors in the branches. No other decorations, but that sad little tree brought a smile to my face.

I think forgot to mention my family and I capped of our Thanksgiving with a game of Monopoly. We had a blast!

My recovery continues, I think I have turned a corner. I once again notice all the nagging pain I live with. I'm taking that as an improvement.

That is all for now, carry on.

And I thought that it was the French military after entering any conflict!
Recent history is deceiving, we can't forget Napoleon and of course Charlemagne along with several others in between. Including, Joan of Arc and Saint Louis the last crusader, not as successful, but one of my personal favorites. 😁
Not to mention the French fought a brilliant and heroic rear guard action at Dunkirk. The French deserve as much credit for saving the British expeditionary force as does Churchill's civilian navy, if not more.

Where did this damn rain come from??? It wasn't in the forecast at 6:00 am this morning!!!
InkedScreenshot 2021-11-27 at 13-34-37 OK - Lawton Current Radar (Intellicast) Radar Maps Weat...jpg

It has put a damper on outdoor activity. :( I'll just go to the train shed earlier than planned. At least the granddog has gone home and won't be tracking mud inside or needing to be rinsed off!:)

Afternoon All,

Spent a couple of hours at a MRR friend's house today. Had a great time. When I got home, I found a 4-tile square hole towards the bottom of the shower. The greenboard behind the tile is crumbly to the touch...great. I talked to SIL (general contractor in a previous life that now installs and supervises others putting in elevators in new construction). He will come out next weekend to figure out how bad the issue is, so as a stop gap measure, I cut a shower curtain and taped it in place with 4-inch flex tape. Fun times.

Tom- That looks like a scaled down version of horseshoe curve.

Mikey- Thank you for your input.

Jesse- Why don't you wire them directly into your main buss? That's what I did on my last layout. Of course, you will need to solder a resistor on each LED. This time I put in a separate lighting buss. If interested I can crawl under the layout and get the power supply info for you (not a wall wart). My buddy I visited today gave it to me several years ago.

Ken- I'm glad your granddaughter is doing better.

Willie- Nice looking business. Thank you also for your input.

Guy- Great photo.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Evening all,

Crazy day. Got the groceries done, then a wal mart run. Local one didn't have everything I was after, so as I went to the office to get some paperwork I forgot to bring home, I stopped and got the remaining items the smaller local one didn't have.

Hope to get time in the trainroom tomorrow. Anyone know what wire gauge the railings are on a blue box model?

Good evening. It's clear and 45.
I was made another job offer today, for $4/hour more than I'm making now, plus adding my wife and I as house-sharers. I'm certainly keeping this option open, for obvious reasons. Our finance manager has been informed he will not be making the transition to the new company. Add to that the technician that quit, and the salesman that tendered his two week notice...

Good evening. It's clear and 45.
I was made another job offer today, for $4/hour more than I'm making now, plus adding my wife and I as house-sharers. I'm certainly keeping this option open, for obvious reasons. Our finance manager has been informed he will not be making the transition to the new company. Add to that the technician that quit, and the salesman that tendered his two week notice...
That's a bit like being in the Airborne Terry. The only one who gets a choice of not jumping is the one at the back of the queue. His choice? To go voluntarily or with a boot up the ass.

Good morning y'all. Slightly warmer at present today. It's only 38, but the high is forecasted at 62. People often ask about the weather in South Carolina. This is what I show them:
1BCEFA32-FEF3-4A65-9832-2D2E4538B227.jpeg

Mother Nature always seems to misplace her menopause medication around fall/early winter.

Flo- Coffee please, and The Usual.

Curt- I will keep that option in mind, but I currently do not have a main buss. The only power I have available at present is the supply box for the track, and only when it is connected. I know at some point I will be making the transition to DCC, but all of the scenery lighting will remain DC. I'm looking for a reliable option that will power a distribution block that will in turn power a control panel to run the individual lights. I thought about just using the extra track power supply I have, but wasn't sure if that was the best solution or if there was a better option.

Willie- Are you talking about recycling things like old cellphone chargers and power supplies with built in transformers? If so, I may have some old irrigation controller power packs that may work. They step down 120v to 12v. If wired to the D block I mentioned in response to Curt, they should be sufficient with the proper resistors in place. Which side would I connect the switch to? Same as the resistor, or opposite it? Love the ink shop. Very nice work.

Y'all have a blessed day. I'm going to help myself to another cup of coffee before church. Gotta relax while the relaxin' is available. I'll be headed out to Fayetteville after lunch today. If time allows, I may hit a train shop or two today.

Also, I think I have figured out the second shop for The Row. The middle unit looks like it will make a great pizzeria. Spent yesterday morning watching Christmas movies with my son and decided to "borrow" an idea from one of my favorite Christmas movies: Home Alone. That said, I will be adding Little Nero's to my business district soon. 😁

Morning all,

Been up since 5:00a and already had breakfast, started laundry and wrapped some late gifts. Currently watching the weather, then finding something else to get me into trouble. I still have to vacuum the 2 rooms downstairs now that the beds are gone.

Sherrel: She knows about Amazon but barely spends money. I'm the spender, but after 38 years, I've slowed way down. There was a time I wouldn't have chased down the difference between the computer I wanted\returned to the one I bought. The same computer with the same specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back