Running Bear's March 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon from my portion of Wisconsin. 37f bright sunny degrees heading into the 40’s.

My vaccine shot has been pushed again to April 1. Last week it was moved to 3/26. So Thursday
I went and got the virus test so I could join everyone on Maui. I got the positive result back, just
as previous results when I take my Lymes medicine. Not going to worry about it like I did the
previous times. I will wait for my Covid shots here at home and Terry is waiting for her 2nd shot on
the island.

Once kitchen items appear in the trainroom they become mine, with permission!

As long as baby Sawyer and mom are fine I am happy too.

guy, perfect timing. I a have my final gp40-2w CN diesel in-house for weathering. That picture is
great, thank you thank you.

I will leave wishing everyone, family and babies a great day.
My Gp40-2w that will soon have a partner

TomO
D1A1A33E-8480-4B20-AD20-7C2DB8662C5B.jpeg

I have my first and second vaccine booked, but I am nervous as I have a history of having side effects to a number of drugs, and you do not find out which brand until you turn up......so deep breath....they keep you 15 mins after just in case but I tend to run 24 hours the worse one was hives which lasted over a week after less than 2 doses and my body itched and drove me mad....but if that is the worst I get I’ll grin and bear it.....but I’m taking my asthma breather with me just in case.

Good afternoon everyone!
temperature still dropping here right now but it’s supposed to drop to -28C wind chill or so over night and colder tomorrow night. Should make for an icy drive tomorrow morning. Just putting foam roadbed down currently so no scenery no train running etc.....boring !

Santa Fe, two questions please, may I ask your centre to centre track distance? And do you use roadbed

I have my first and second vaccine booked, but I am nervous as I have a history of having side effects to a number of drugs, and you do not find out which brand until you turn up......so deep breath....they keep you 15 mins after just in case but I tend to run 24 hours the worse one was hives which lasted over a week after less than 2 doses and my body itched and drove me mad....but if that is the worst I get I’ll grin and bear it.....but I’m taking my asthma breather with me just in case.

You sound like my wife. Allergic to shellfish, apples and nuts, carries an eppi pen and an inhaler everywhere she goes. She gets her 2nd shot tomorrow afternoon. They have told her that IF she has a reaction, she can take up to 2 "sick" days with no penalty. She works for the local school board as an administrative assistant in the Student services (psych) department.

Me, I'm still on 3 waiting lists for the 1st shot. At 60, I've survived a stroke, am diabetic, and 5 years older than her and work 10-12 hour days with the public. Sometimes I think life aint fair, but I'd rather have her get the shot than me.

I don't have a history of reactions, thankfully. I had a sore shoulder after the second one. Good luck going forward, hopefully for you there will be no ill effects. Since I had Moderna for the first one, I knew what the second one was going to be. I always suspected that was what it was going to be, since Texas hadn't received any Pfizer vaccine until the week that I got the first one.

While we're on the subject of vaccinations, the news today is that the governor of Texas, Greg Abbott, lifted all mask mandates and other Covid restrictions statewide about 2 hours ago. Great news since the darn mask puts a crease in my beard! I'll still carry it with me in case I have to go inside a Walmart!

While we're on the subject of vaccinations, the news today is that the governor of Texas, Greg Abbott, lifted all mask mandates and other Covid restrictions statewide about 2 hours ago. Great news since the darn mask puts a crease in my beard! I'll still carry it with me in case I have to go inside a Walmart!

We here are still in this position:
Mask Up.jpg

I'm 65,and haven't heard a word about a possible vaccine date.

Were you having to wear them outside? We still are supposed to wear masks, but only when in a public place etc. I never wear one outside and carry it with me to the door of Walmart or Costco etc and then put it on.

Sherrel - That engine is an SD40-2W. There were quite a few of those used as local switchers last year. Now, they seem to be gone and replaced by SD75 I's. I'm very glad I was able to get lots of photos of the SD40's before they disappeared. - Waiting until the snow is gone before I start photographing the SD75's.

I forgot to mention how happy I am to hear young Sawyer and mom are doing well. Right On!!

For everyone else, I found a photo in a b&w photo thread this morning. No mention of the photographer or a back story, but, it's an interesting photo:
View attachment 125528

Obviously, I couldn't sucker the wife into going fishing today, as she already had plans. So, I'm continuing on with the layout room reno.

Have a good one!
Fishin'.jpg

I'm not sure where GA got his information, but I'll still be masked and 6 ft away from you and others. I certainly would have liked him to wait till maybe 50 to 60% of the State was vaccinated.

Nothing like going to bed irritated. Found one of my atlas snap switches broken out of the package. I didnt even notice when I bought it that the end rails on one side were bent in towards each other. The rails broke away from the end ties. Not something I did as they were still in the bag from the lhs by themselves. Theres only two turnouts in the bag. Atlas is really starting to get me more and more aggravated the longer I work with their track.
I gave up on them long time ago. I've had good luck with Micro Engineering track and Walthers (shinohara switches)

Managed to get the back drops cut today, paint tomorrow ? Ran by the local hardware/lumber , no plumbing parts till Saturday, and they don't know what the warehouse will "let" them have . Like I said previously I expect 30 days or more .

I am sure Mr. Potato Head is breathing a sign of relief ....castration is no laughing matter.

We here are still in this position:
View attachment 125539
I'm 65,and haven't heard a word about a possible vaccine date.
1. I am only just over 60...so ouch.....and 2.I smile every time I see that woman with her nose over the top of her mask. 3.I plan to wear a cloth one and a plastic face shield and clothes that hit the washing machine and boots that wash...now your all thinking wow over the top BUT my appointment is in an area that is one of the 10 hotspots and so was the second choice...so I prefer to be laughed at......luckily the car has a good filter, and I will be leaving ASAP,usually I am a lot less anal, that said we rarely go out and the other half works via his computer and has done for years refusing to fly to his home office some time ago, he expected to be made redundant but they choked, so we keep pretty much to ourselves....and so far have not resorted to killing each other lol, and keep good food stocks so no fighting over the last bite of some treat....I love canning which is unusual for Brits. The only outsider we see regularly is the postman,and he drops the stuff by the door,I prefer safe to sorry...or worse dead....that said in all this I only know ONE ‘person who has contracted COVID and he died from kidney issues and guess where he caught the covid.....yeah I don’t do hospitals or even the doctors this last year...I even bought in special blood stopping pads as the other half is totally gung ho, small sutures for small cuts..if he needs to do anything other than talk to a doctor over the phone he has to get past me...which I admit he could he is far taller and more muscled than me.....yeah ok I am ott :D. Oh I think I need to go look for throwaway latex gloves because I do not plan to catch anything...not even the common cold! Bwaaak bwaaak ...chicken noises.....fade away......starts searching clothes...hmmmm I need a full suit astronaut style...no no the beekeeper suit has holes....
51B0CCD7-F8CE-44BF-977B-49E8DCB7DD0A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back