Running Bear's January 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning....Just got back from taking the wife to breakfast, thanks for all the likes on the engine. It'll look nice with the Athearn 1943 UP veterans loco.
Ken- A little at a time is all I do.

Gary- The paint job is really something. Trying to find recent photos for weathering. They keep it pretty clean so it's mostly the trucks and the intake screens.
Willie- I have a feeling that a GP40 will be coming down the line. A lot of roads had them and CSX rebuilt them to -3's with the square cab like the SD40-3. That way Ken can add some to his fleet. 😇

Good morning, y'all. 43° and the sun just broke through for about 40 seconds. I hope that means the rain is over...

The Coffee Shop has been quite busy over the last couple of days, if you miss a day, like I did, it's hard to catch up.

Molly the cat, is doing better, the test results did not indicate a problem, and the vet prescribed another medication, that you spread on the inside of her ear, that causes her appetite to increase. Yesterday, she ate well, although no where close to her normal vociferous gulping down her chow.
My thanks to all who expressed concerns over our little friends health.

Thanks for all the likes as well. Again, I really enjoy everyone's photos of their fine modeling and their favorite prototypes.

PC 4890 at Harrison, Nj 07-04-1969 Rogr Puta photo.jpg

On July 4, 1969 Roger Puta caught this corridor train at Harrison, NJ...The significance of this date was it was the day I moved from the Reception station, to my BCT Company and met my D.I.
Crew Change at Renovo 1969.jpg

Crew Change at Renovo, PA. in 1969. Photographer unknown.

Sorry, I am always running late it seems. Eight in the morning and the temp is at 45 ° on the way to 82 ° (was 86 ° for a high yesterday) with still - not a cloud to be seen - sunny skies.

FLO - good to see you this morning - I would like MEL to muster up me one of his "garbage omelets" this morning. Glass of OJ too, please.

The Spousal Unit and I received our "shots" last evening along with four other family members. Still a few more to go, but right now only 65 and up.
I have a really sore arm this morning, but did not even feel the shot - strange.
The better half says that her arm is fine.

I have to get interested in some hockey games. I have been so down on sports players that I have mostly ignored everything. Haven't even turned on FB for a week - watch very little FOX anymore - and nothing else news wise. I did sign up for WeMe, but have not tried to look at the program. Need to start on learning how the Turbo/tax works, but funked out there as well.
I actually might have to take up Model Railroading again to straighten myself out?

Well it's the official weekend now. Won't be much time for trains to day. Today is the misses' birthday. So I'll be spending much of the day with her. Yesterday I spent much of the day setting up and testing my new varipulse throttle. I had quite a few locomotives to test. The end results weren't exactly what I was expecting but it does work. Built the 5 hoppers I ordered earlier this week. Spent a part of the day yesterday getting the frames painted and did the rest of the build last night before bed. They have been cut into the active fleet on the layout. That's all i have for now. No pics to share at the moment. If I get a chance I'll stop by later. I hope everyone has a good day.

I have to get interested in some hockey games. I have been so down on sports players that I have mostly ignored everything.
I'm right there with you Sherrel. I havnt watched ANY sports for almost a year and wont until those guys get their minds right. Now, Curling is a different story. It's a real sport and I look forward to when it's televised.
Nuthin from the train room, re-evaluating the mistakes I have made.....................but I should post some kind of picture of a train.
IMG_1106.JPG

Morning!
Going to be another beautiful day here in NW Alberta; 31°F @ 7:15am. I can still see stars in the dark sky, so it will be sunny to start the day.
It will all be downhill over the coming week, though. Next weekend, we are supposed to be in the -4°F range. Too cold to go ice-fishing.

Ken - That's probably due to the fact the installation is new. That Wayfinder Corp frack-sand industry was built on that site in 2019.

Tom - I really don't think you want to see photographs of my ex-wife on this wonderful modeling forum.

I've been having trouble sleeping the last couple of days. Feeling a bit sluggish. So, I might nap off and on today; catch some warming rays through the window as I'm laying prone on the couch. - Other than that, I don't have big plans for the day.

Today, I'm going to share photos of an SD40 that was used as the resident switcher over the past summer. Some of these photos have been seen before. I chose to show them again so I can share the walk-around look:
View attachment 123322
View attachment 123323
View attachment 123324
View attachment 123325
View attachment 123326
View attachment 123327
Hope you enjoy seeing that type of prototype photos on a modeling site. I think they are better than showing dead fish laying on the ice.

Thank you for all the past likes on my simple posts. It dosen't seem to take much effort to post a few photos for the viewing pleasure of friends.

I'm tired. Gonna just sit back and enjoy my coffee; read the forum for a bit.

McLeod

Great pictures. Please don’t lose your access in your court case. Even when I had access to the CN I was never able to get that close without a 10’ fence in the way with barbed wire. Thanks for sharing those. TomO
A8DCF469-087C-4F08-B20E-734BDD26CEE8.jpeg

F397C20F-46A8-4AF9-8888-C0DF7EC2E5A0.jpeg

I still can get close to the models though!

AC66C637-AB55-4CC7-BDF4-E825C2E1C2A6.jpeg

Sorry, I am always running late it seems. Eight in the morning and the temp is at 45 ° on the way to 82 ° (was 86 ° for a high yesterday) with still - not a cloud to be seen - sunny skies.

FLO - good to see you this morning - I would like MEL to muster up me one of his "garbage omelets" this morning. Glass of OJ too, please.

The Spousal Unit and I received our "shots" last evening along with four other family members. Still a few more to go, but right now only 65 and up.
I have a really sore arm this morning, but did not even feel the shot - strange.
The better half says that her arm is fine.

I have to get interested in some hockey games. I have been so down on sports players that I have mostly ignored everything. Haven't even turned on FB for a week - watch very little FOX anymore - and nothing else news wise. I did sign up for WeMe, but have not tried to look at the program. Need to start on learning how the Turbo/tax works, but funked out there as well.
I actually might have to take up Model Railroading again to straighten myself out?
I have to agree with you. I haven't watched a FB game in over a year. I just can't agree with taking a k......, sorry may construed as political.

FLO - good to see you this morning

I know we have had the sports conversations before. While I stopped watching the tv and sports I have found in the pandemic I did start watching the NFL again but mainly the Packers with my wife. I still have doubts about sports and the IMOO greed of ownership. Never more evident then in the NHL trying to get back to play. I tried watching the NBA last night and nope can’t do it.

I can watch the NFL, NBA, MLB and the NHL entire schedules for free on

streameast.live

its a gambling site but no gambling has to be done and no payments for anything and best of all it’s legal

Other then the NHL the last 3 years until the NFL this season, this former season ticket holder had stopped watching. If hockey had been available I don’t believe I’d started watching the NFL again. I think I was just looking for something this Fall and the NFL was there. I still am not watching much else as I have been watching you tube videos of various things.

TomO

Well.... funny you should mention that. The Soviets did send unarmed troops out at bullet catchers. Or some units were underarmed. Just grab the rifle from the guy in front of you when he falls.

It's going to be a challenging force to play. :)
American troops were similarly armed in WWI . In 1918 when my grandfather volunteered they were issued 2x4's in basic , For the first 4or 5 weeks of training they thought they were going to club the Germans to death. They were issued rifles near the end of basic , but then the army promptly took them away . and issued him a water cooled machine gun , His ammo runners were unarmed during the war , if they were overrun combat was hand to hand not even a knife ,and shovels were in short supply and did not want to chance breaking it. The only thing they had was empty ammo cans to club the Germans to death.

Afternoon All,

No train room time today. Went this morning to pickup a bed and brought it home. Trying to put the frame together was not fun. Needless to say afterwards I didn't have the energy to, or feel like modeling. Maybe tomorrow.

Justin- I hope the throttle works out well for you.

Tom- Neat looking loco.

IB Ken- Good luck with the blower.

Willie- Nice looking feed store. The wood structure is going to look great.

Guy- Nice looking loco.

Joe- Nice photos.

GeeTee- Nice haul.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Sherrel and Tom O: I think the real reason for many of us losing interest in sports is that once the players , coaches and commentators begin making political statements and / or pander to particular ethnic groups, the sporting event is no longer fun to watch. [Same reason we are not supposed to expound on our religious or political views on this forum...it would no longer be a friendly, enjoyable place].

You know, GUYS, We have the best of both worlds. We have GUY with his brilliant 1:1 photos (those today - and that great head on shot) and TOM with his awesome detailed models as if we were right there in the picture! Just does not get much better!
Dave in PV -- How could I have left out Curling - a real man's sport!
Is that the Skunk Train at Willits?
Good to see you posting again!

TomO - When I mentioned FB, I was talking about the social network - not football ... speaking of "Packers" - My favorite team for over 50 years - How are they doing? I have not even checked any scores nor standings for well over a year now, maybe closer to two!

JOE - Very true words! Luv the GG pics!

Sherrel and Tom O: I think the real reason for many of us losing interest in sports is that once the players , coaches and commentators begin making political statements and / or pander to particular ethnic groups, the sporting event is no longer fun to watch. [Same reason we are not supposed to expound on our religious or political views on this forum...it would no longer be a friendly, enjoyable place].
All thats left for me is Telemundo soccer...I can't understand what their saying so their socio-political religious views don't matter...I can hear them scream but I can't feel their pain, I just look at the TV dumbfounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back