Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXII

Evening fellers. Thanks for all the nice compliments on my layout. I'm dedicating time to it tomorrow in hopes of diminishing some more bare plywood spots on it. I may add in a hill on one of the corners as well.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Justin ... I just emptied the folder.

Sherrel ... I'm not that generous. I did not pay for the Chessie cars myself. I'd feel guilty asking for somebody to pay for them..... I do have a Frisco Piggyback trailer and a Frisco flat car. I do use them on my layout.

Edit .... Speaking of PM's ..... Who is familiar with friend requests in this forum?...... Weeks ago, I accepted one form Tony (Saturn5Tony), but it still shows up...... Also, I wonder why there are friend requests here. It seems like everybody is a friend anyhow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit .... Speaking of PM's ..... Who is familiar with friend requests in this forum?...... Weeks ago, I accepted one form Tony (Saturn5Tony), but it still shows up...... Also, I wonder why there are friend requests here. It seems like everybody is a friend anyhow.
You will need to go to your friend requests and physically check the little box in the upper left corner of his avatar to accept the request, then click "accept request" when you're done.

Sherrel ... I'm not that generous. I did not pay for the Chessie cars myself. I'd feel guilty asking for somebody to pay for them..... I do have a Frisco Piggyback trailer and a Frisco flat car. I do use them on my layout.

Well, shoot, Garry .. just my luck - LOL. BTW - You should not have let the cat out of the bag about not paying for the cars. (nice looking ons too) I liked the story better the other way, but still very nice of you.

Terry - You have sorta been subdued as of late? Come-on, pull up you 'big boy' pants and don't let the SOB get to you. Next time I come to N. CAR. I'm going to come see you and will bring a rattlesnake with me per Karl;s suggestion - we have a few extras out here. I like that idea!

Terry - You have sorta been subdued as of late? Come-on, pull up you 'big boy' pants and don't let the SOB get to you. Next time I come to N. CAR. I'm going to come see you and will bring a rattlesnake with me per Karl;s suggestion - we have a few extras out here. I like that idea!
I'm far from subdued. Between the medical drama and the co-worker problems, I am restraining myself from using language that would make a Marine blush.

Oh thank you for accepting me as a friend Garry. Im still trying to figure out how this forum works. Thank God im OK with pictures and stuff. It was a thing I did back in the day with graphic artists, so at least I can handle jpgs and such.

Good evening. It's getting cold out doors. The heat is running frequently. I'm a bit chilled here in the kitchen. At least I didn't have to shovel any snow, it only stuck on the lawns, and not on the paved surfaces. we had about 3".

Justin: Nice photos of your Chessie System layout. It looks good.

Louis:
Ubaldo Jiménez...3IP, 4Hits, 4runs, (3 earned) 4.50 ERA. This guy is in Mid Season Form...of course, if he was any good, he would be playing for the Dominican National Team in the World Cup, instead of embarrassing himself against the Red Sox. Hope we can find another starter, Ubaldo is gonna be as bad as he was last year. Birds need good starting pitching!

On a brighter note, Villanova, (barely), made it into the Big East Finals at the Garden this evening, beating Seaton Hall, 55 - 53. They play the winner of Xavier - Creighton. :eek:

Spent some time running the layout this evening, took over an hour to make up the train, travel to the work area, drill the sidings, return and yard the train. I'm beginning to think I need to adopt some sort of computer generated work order / switch list system, to make it different each operating session. I know Ken in MD uses one, and I believe Karl in MD does also. I really didn't think I would need one, but I thought wrong :rolleyes:. I need to install the East side staging ASAP, so I can separate the East side drill from the West side drill. Right now the one drill comes out of the West.

Well, shoot, Garry .. just my luck - LOL. BTW - You should not have let the cat out of the bag about not paying for the cars. (nice looking ons too) I liked the story better the other way, but still very nice of you.

Sherrel .... I am LOL'ing at your comment about letting the cat out of the bag...... Becasue Chessie isa cat, it was a very funny play on words.

Tony ... I'm still not familiar with the friend thingee here. ....

Terry ... Thanks for the hint about replying to a friend request.

Dustin .... PM received, and I replied.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm far from subdued. Between the medical drama and the co-worker problems, I am restraining myself from using language that would make a Marine blush.

That's understandable, Terry. But Marines Don't Blush! One way or another, the co-worker problem will ultimately take care of it self. Your Health issues are paramount, and require your focus.
In other words, take care of your self, and your wife. If y'all ain't healthy, nothing else really matters.

Just FYI, you put the hyphen in the wrong place. It's actually "cow-orker."

Don't thank me, I'm glad to help.

This signature is intended to irritate people.

Well fellers I scored another C&O unit. $25.00 for this one. An old Atlas GP38.
a2841f6231eb9c2612f6f0b6a9c59731.jpg

This was an impulse purchase for me. I'd really like a newer model Atlas GP38 as compared to an older one. But for $25 why not get it. It's the cheapest one I have found so far on eBay.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Louis: Ubaldo Jiménez...3IP, 4Hits, 4runs, (3 earned) 4.50 ERA. This guy is in Mid Season Form...of course, if he was any good, he would be playing for the Dominican National Team in the World Cup, instead of embarrassing himself against the Red Sox. Hope we can find another starter, Ubaldo is gonna be as bad as he was last year. Birds need good starting pitching!

On a brighter note, Villanova, (barely), made it into the Big East Finals at the Garden this evening, beating Seaton Hall, 55 - 53. They play the winner of Xavier - Creighton. :eek:

Spent some time running the layout this evening, took over an hour to make up the train, travel to the work area, drill the sidings, return and yard the train. I'm beginning to think I need to adopt some sort of computer generated work order / switch list system, to make it different each operating session. I know Ken in MD uses one, and I believe Karl in MD does also. I really didn't think I would need one, but I thought wrong :rolleyes:. I need to install the East side staging ASAP, so I can separate the East side drill from the West side drill. Right now the one drill comes out of the West.

Boris it's spring training, numbers don't count. Let's just hope he was working on his off speed stuff. Last Saturday I listened to the game as I was working and he planted several breaking balls into the dirt. He said in the post-game interview he would be throwing more breaking balls in his next few starts. He did have command of his fastball.

The Red Sox hitters sit on fastballs and they are disciplined. If you can't prove to them over and over that you can throw off speed stuff for strikes they won't swing at them. Almost all hitters try to do that, but identifying the off speed stuff is hard enough, than to have the discipline to not swing is the real hard part.

The Red Sox are the best "cripple hitters" in all of baseball. If you can stay ahead of them in the count they are a below average hitting team. Fall behind in the count and they will light you up like a Christmas tree.

I'm hoping we get the Jimenez that ended the season with a 2.68 ERA in his last 8 starts. His delivery has too many moving parts making it hard for him to be consistent, but his is too old to make a major change now. Buck did say in the sun paper about 2 weeks ago that he has never seen him look better.

Now for my train question, what is drilling the sidings?

The friend thing is part of the v-Bulletin package. Some forums have chat add-ons, and a friends list allows you to see who is available for chat.

As for the blushing Marine--that was my point...

Good morning, bright, sunny and 16°. Tonight's the time change, move the clock ahead an hour.

Now for my train question, what is drilling the sidings?

Louis: drilling the sidings is Jersey for switching the customer siding.

Good morning gang,

Brrrrr, 19 and clear out there, hard to believe ot was 70 2 days ago! Supposed to get "appreciable snowfall" on Tesday, oh boy! Model making weather!:rolleyes:

As for the blushing Marine--that was my point...

Terry: My point was let 'er rip and get the frustration outta your system... You can be creatively crude....keep in mind that no matter how innocent the comment, you always run the risk of offending someone. After the week you just had, only the most obtuse individual wouldn't understand. Marines don't blush - neither do the members of this forum :rolleyes:

Terry: My point was let 'er rip and get the frustration outta your system... You can be creatively crude....keep in mind that no matter how innocent the comment, you always run the risk of offending someone. After the week you just had, only the most obtuse individual wouldn't understand. Marines don't blush - neither do the members of this forum :rolleyes:
Remember, you asked for it...

Anyone that gets email notifications of new posts should be able to read what I wrote by viewing their email notification of this post.

Good morning gang,

Brrrrr, 19 and clear out there, hard to believe ot was 70 2 days ago! Supposed to get "appreciable snowfall" on Tesday, oh boy! Model making weather!:rolleyes:

Karl: They are making the same threats here for Tuesday. Hope they are wrong. I'm actually scheduled to go to see a Orthopedic about my shoulder and hand on Tuesday...plus the wife has to accompany the MIL to a Cardiologist same day. she hates driving in snow, or any other bad weather. I would rather not, considering everything.

Back