Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVII

Chet I forgot to mention Karl is not far from central MD, it would be fun to get together with you, Ken and Karl, maybe next year. In the mean time I need to meet Ken and Karl, maybe at one of the train shows.

That makes me think, (uh oh) I was a loner most of my life. I have very few friends that I associate with on a regular basis. I thought I liked it that way, but this forum has shown me what I had been missing. You all are great and I appreciate each and everyone of you.

E when you get settled let me know how and when I can call you, I miss you buddy.

Don't ask me how Eric puts up with my liberal leaning mid-Atlantic urban ways, but he does. I guess his is your classic old school southern gentlemen.

Because I am a die hard Orioles fan I refuse to call myself a Yankee, but the shoe fits.

Corey where you been?

God bless us Everyone.

Bruette said:
E when you get settled let me know how and when I can call you, I miss you buddy.

Don't ask me how Eric puts up with my liberal leaning mid-Atlantic urban ways, but he does. I guess his is your classic old school southern gentlemen.

Might be a while pard. Besides that, this trach sometimes makes me even less understandable.

For now I am good just to still be around with everyone.
E

Does anyone use a stylus typing on-screen with their iPhone/Smartphone devices? If so do you have any recommendations please?
E

Does anyone use a stylus typing on-screen with their iPhone/Smartphone devices? If so do you have any recommendations please?
E
I turn the phone sideways to make the keyboard slightly larger, then use my thumbs to type. it's mostly legible. Turn Auto-correct OFF...

Good morning. It's clear and 67.
Last Sunday, I loaded up some locomotives, and headed over to the model train club I belong to. There is now a single line of track laid and functional through the interior of the building again. Even with three people laying the track as carefully as possible, there were still a handful of places that need attention. I'm heading back over there early today to try running different equipment in the opposite direction, and see what happens.

Good Morning All. 69° with thunderstorms right now. Looks like they might last another half hour or so. Did some more detailing on the beverage distributor yesterday, and was satisfied enough to fasten the track down for it. Took some pictures but left the camera out in the train shed, and it's raining right now. If I go out there, I won't come back until it's time to get ready for church. Later for pics.
Eric - Good to hear that your journey went OK. By "home", do you mean Acworth or Illinois?...Never mind, I see the location now says Sullivan IL.
Curt - While I have never had a Chili's experience like yours, I agree that the food is underwhelming. I like the trailer picture.
Chet - Man Cave looks cool. It's just too neat! Too bad about the Dover trip. I made it as far as Bristol a couple of times, both before and after the racetrack remodeling. Always got to sit in the luxury box of one of our vendors, lots of food and drink.
Toot - Pretty cool video.
Joe - In a past post, you mentioned that your next Cornerstone kit was going to be the meat packer. As I recall, those instructions were a bit better than most, although you still needed "Walther's experience" to get it all assembled correctly. I still haven't figured out how to hang the beef sides on the rail though.

Everybody have an awesome Sunday. Hope that your favorite NFL team wins. I no longer watch. Wife has some kind of NFL package on the satellite and she will channel-surf all day long. I'll be in the train shed with a cold beer... after serious modeling.

Willie

I turn the phone sideways to make the keyboard slightly larger, then use my thumbs to type. it's mostly legible. Turn Auto-correct OFF...
Yeah, I have already figured out that sideways thing but I can still only 1-finger type anyhow.

Good morning gang
Mid 60s temp with drizzle right now. Laid new flooring in the laundry room yesterday after helping FIL close up the pool. Housecleaning on the agenda today, then NASCAR. I hope it's not raining in Chicago!
TTYL.

Like..........how do you deodorise a keyboard??

Toot .. LOL

Here's an Illinois Central passenger train. I am reminded of the song "The Train They Call The City of New Orleans".

ICCMChicagoE9_zpsf961a685.jpg

Speaking of memories, who recalls the Turbo trains of the 1970's ?

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTEJoe - In a past post, you mentioned that your next Cornerstone kit was going to be the meat packer. As I recall, those instructions were a bit better than most, although you still needed "Walther's experience" to get it all assembled correctly. I still haven't figured out how to hang the beef sides on the rail though.
][/QUOTE]

Willie: I suppose it's a matter of taking my time. I have not as yet completed the Freight station. (I need to paint the freight house roof then attach it along with a few more outdoor lights), so I'm real good at taking my time.

Back