Ye OLE Coffee SHOPEE XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
And whats more fun, is just about all the weather guessers here are expecting a real honest to goodness snowstorm for next Tues-Wed.

Hope ya keep it to yourselves!!!:D If not, it will be on my doorstep by Thurs-Fri. :eek::eek::eek:

Sho nuf, the Weatherguesser channel says we're gonna see snow showers come Thursday!!! Last time they said that, we had 10 inches of "snow showers"
This was out last snow shower http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTb3mRgZ1bk
Train show this weekend, guess what,,,,the trailer ain't goin!! Everything is piled in the truck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well so far we've had none of the 'gloom and doom' ice and snow storm the weather guessers have been harping about. As for today's earlier 'ice from the sky' ten minutes of light sleet does not an ice storm make. I've seen worse 'ice storms' in my freezer!

I only got 5000sqft of grass and a riding mower and it only 74* while I'm wearing my shorts and drinking a beer while I work;):) Month and a half I be Sitch that it's to dang hot out there!:rolleyes:

Yep! let's see the driveway is about 12' or so wide by about 160 ft to the garage that's even less than the sq. footage of the grass you have to mow. Now the grass I have to mow is about 1-1/4 Acre.:D So that takes a real bit of time even with a ride on. Chris high 70's low 80's is about our normal summer temps. It's a rare day in summer that we have to turn on an air conditioner and unless it's raining it's always comfortable outside.
Doing the driveway today it was nice,sunny but cool, (the mercury was at 55F, likely because of the sun) the neighbor came over with his snow blower and we had a couple cool beers and a chat. Then the dogs got into a fight, after refereeing that we had another beer pretty good day all in all, kind of like a social day. I expect another bad storm before the end of the month (Hopefully) then after clearing the driveway of that, the lawn tractor with snow blade will keep the driveway clear until Jan. 2012. I wouldn't move from here for the world

Yep! Here ANY snow that sticks for even a little bit is a BAD thing. Vehicles here don't have the right tires for it and most of these fools here don't know how to drive on it in the first place. They had several fender benders in the Wal-Mart parking lot yesterday morning because of a little patch of ice. Of course the idiots involved were speeding anyway (30-35 in a 12-15 mph zone). My van isn't sporting snow tires either but the tires it has are better on snow and ice than what the average person here has. So yeah, I tend to get excited (in a bad way) about any snowfall that has a chance of sticking. The snow that fell last last night can't even be seen right now because so little fell. The weather guesser is saying there will be snow and ice today, tonight and tomorrow. Later in the week it'll get warmer and snow will be an impossibility. Plus when you consider that as little as 1/2 an inch of the white stuff will shut things down here, yeah, I get excited about a little snowfall. If I have to go some place I have to be out there among a bunch of people who have NO idea whatsoever of how to drive on the stuff. I spent years in Europe getting around on snow and ice covered roads and later was a truck driver first for the military then as an independent driver, so I know how to drive on the stuff. The average person here doesn't and the roads quickly become blocked because someone just had to go to the store for a pack of cigarettes or a 12 pack of beer. So excuse me if I get excited about a little snowfall.
Well I believe the boys up here did better than those at your Wally.
The biggest metal sandwich took place on a highway east of Montreal which involved about 70 vehicles, including about 30 tractor-trailers and a school bus. It stretched three kilometers long. (about 1.8 mi.)
Another pileup north of Montreal produced an accordion of about 30 vehicles and several tractor-trailers were also part of the wreckage.
Farther down the same highway, 10 vehicles were involved in another pileup. And another accident, near Montreal, sandwiched 20 vehicles together. And I'll bet they all had snow tires, it's the law :D
Me! well as contrary as a Polar Bear, all year round, I have snow tires on the motor home and all season tires on the car :D
Snow I don't mind but ice is a different matter unless it's on a lake and real thick. I can drive with icy conditions but I never got to like it :)
When were you in Europe? I was there from 73 to 77 still have a lot of fond memories from there.
Cheers
Willis
From today outside my home, that dog laying on that snow is about 107 lb :D

Well got some good news today. Going to be starting a new job in march finally getting out of the wonderful situation I am in right now. I can't wait to get out of the summer camp industry. I'm going to work for a small ultra high end heating company that is trying to grow their niche market share. Better pay better befits and the best part a boss who actually cares and wants to grow his business in a healthy way.

When were you in Europe? I was there from 73 to 77 still have a lot of fond memories from there.
I was In Germany three times. First two times were in the 60's when I was a kid. Last time was March of '75 to late December '78. I got got back to Leesville December 25th of '78.

Ah! so, we were there in the same time for a few years. Our sqn. was based in Metz Moselle France but I spent a lot of time temp duty at sites in Belgium, the wings in Germany and other sites in France. Belonged to a couple of the US rod and gun clubs while there. Wife's turning in so it's time to log off
Cheers
Willis

02/04/2011

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png
anim_snoopy.png
1.png

Diner.png
menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png

:)

Fresh today, a nice 61 mph breeze blowing :)

Inspirational stuff ;) this is the latest video showing how to program an airplane CV values in this case an Antonov AN124

[YOUTUBE]dM7oXKmYiGU[/YOUTUBE]

Here's a photo of my new Tainmaster being "towed" to the dead line to await parts for repairs. The word from QSI and Atlas is that parts are not available for it, and won't be available until September, at least. So, it's going to be a hangar queen, only running a couple of times between now and then.

Good morning. It's 30° and icy. Today's high is supposed to be 38° with some snow and ice. The low tonight is said to be heading for 20° or less. Chance for precipitation: 10% rain, 60% snow, 40% ice.

Well the weather line says a lot. The ground outside is coated with ice. I went out and took a look around. Heard the ice crunching underfoot. Good thing I'm not going anywhere as the van has a good coating of ice on it. With no heat (therefore no defrosters) the only way to get the ice off the windshield would be to scrape it off. I almost didn't get back inside my trailer. I didn't notice it on the way out but the front steps are also covered in ice. After some very careful placement of my feet I got back inside then I heavily salted the steps and since I had the salt out I refilled the salt shaker. We'll see how effective sea salt is on ice. The nice thing is that the ice will melt off later. The bad thing is there's more on the way if you listen to the weather guessers there's a good chance of snow. However I wouldn't bet on the snow but I don't doubt that the area could be covered in ice no later than tomorrow morning. Do I have any plans for doing anything outside? Not on your life. With my bum feet I'm no good at winter sports. My nephew already has plans to break out the ATV and an old truck bed liner.

This gives you an idea of the ice problem we have here.

P1011371.jpg

P1011372.jpg

The ice on the windshield is nearly a 1/4" thick.

By the way, the sea salt worked wonders on the steps. No ice on them now.

Mornin all the thermo says about 35F but that may be because of the sun. That ice don't look too bad Jeffery, hop in start it up turn on the defroster go in the house for a coffee and it'll fall off when you come out.
This is what I'll have to deal with, hell of a mess
Cheers
Willis

Mornin all the thermo says about 35F but that may be because of the sun. That ice don't look too bad Jeffery, hop in start it up turn on the defroster go in the house for a coffee and it'll fall off when you come out.
This is what I'll have to deal with, hell of a mess
Cheers
Willis
Good idea there but it has one fatal flaw. No heater core, therefore no defroster.

Fresh today, a nice 61 mph breeze blowing :)

Inspirational stuff ;) this is the latest video showing how to program an airplane CV values in this case an Antonov AN124

[YOUTUBE]dM7oXKmYiGU[/YOUTUBE]

Wow! Absolutely amazing work. I wish I understood what he was saying...

Here's a photo of my new Tainmaster being "towed" to the dead line to await parts for repairs. The word from QSI and Atlas is that parts are not available for it, and won't be available until September, at least. So, it's going to be a hangar queen, only running a couple of times between now and then.

Terry,
Whats wrong with it?:confused:

Nah! Ice is like glass. Score it and it breaks easily. I used the corner of my ice scrapper to make a series of criss-cross grooves in the ice then applied some elbow grease and scrapped it off in chunks. Took me about ten minutes to do all the windows, front, side AND rear.That includes the mirrors. I drove a car on a paper route for two years that had no heater. That little Omni was a tough little car but the heater wasn't worth a $3 bill! Between that and my over the road experience I picked up a few tricks.

Karl ;) CC,,, i have been scratching my head about how to get the translations on, well i owe you a beer ;)

Im sure everybody from Terry on North is just laughing at the Bama (and louisianna) Gang. Oh yeah, and cursing Chris under their breath :D

Snow? We got snow! Ice? No problem! Both? Snowday, no big deal!

Been awhile since ive posted here. Did i tell you i made it to sectionals for track? Next step is states :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back