Coffee Shoppe XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon everyone.

It's 80 and beautiful and I'm stuck at work. Normally I don't care, but I have the lake on my mind. We are leaving Friday after work for four days of fun and relaxation at my Mother's lake house. It's only two hours north, but a whole different world. Normally I'm not this excited go up there. For some reason I just can't wait to get away from work and life in general for a few days. The only stress is when I do I want to eat, drink, and sleep. I also have to decide what quantities of each of those things I want!:D

I've run out of all colors of coarse ground foam for my trees. Until my resupply is shipped from MB Klein, I am on forestry stand down. That's okay, the lake should keep my busy until my shipment arrives. Now I just have to make it through the next three days.

Have a good one everyone.

...Karl, make sure to change the batteries in your pacemaker before entering the coffee shop:p:D!

Pacemaker?!?!?!?!?!:eek: I don't think so! I think you musta been talking to the old dude in your mirror! My ticker is fine, and in a month or so the wife starts taking pole dancing exercise classes herself!! My job?? Put up a brass pole in the besement of the new house, pull up a comfy chair and open a cold one!!:eek::D:D:D

it is awful quiet around here;)

Chris: thinking bout'cha and hope you can see some daylight soon.

Funny you brought it up, I still haven't really know idea what she is really doing? But I do know she is going, going, out of here.:( I should get my son this Saturday afternoon till Monday or so:confused:. They load him down with demands for stuff on his return:mad: Ryan really hates being the mule for their rants!:mad::( Poor kid, they have really know clue on the damage they are doing to their relationship with Ryan.

On the lighter side this whole thing is really going to hurt my wife and In-laws $$ more than this thing is going to hurt me. As I'm slowly getting back into the bills again, I realize how much of a $$$ anchor she was. My God, after our bankrupcy she manage to get 4 Credit cards in her name(thank God agin) totaling up to $2000.00 with the average intrest of 25% and Knowing her she is more than likely still spending up a storm!

I know there will be a light at the end of the tunnel, I just haven't got there yet. I'm still waiting to see if any of these big box stores are going to hire me for overnight stock? I really need some heavy prayers in this matter and hope to get a night job soon.:eek:

As for the Lawn service I got enough work plus with unemployment I'm keeping my head above water well enough to breath easy. Yet a steady Night job would be better though. Well I got to go and give a quote on a Power wash job........CUL

Chris,
Keep the faith, it will get better.
Get a lawyer, have him there to keep Ryan out of it.

I've been there , done that and never regretted it for a minute. True, it was expensive, but it kept my 3 boys out of the fray and after all, what price could I possibly put on them?? :confused:

Oh, and yes, when we separated I was amazed with how fast she had been piling up debt. This too however, will pass.:D

We'll keep the channel open to the guy upstairs, may he smile on you,,,,,,quick!:D

Shouldn't that be bottle of beer THEN the bottle of vodka?:eek::rolleyes::p:p

No wait the rehydrate formula was water then bottle of Tequila THEN bottle of beer----:p:p
One, bourbon, one scotch, one gin...
I've lost count of the number of guys that got falling-down drunk trying to keep up with that song.

Good morning. It's 75 and mostly sunny. The high will be 94 and it will be mostly cloudy.

My EMD 567 did come in yesterday after all. Seems the postal tracker was running behind a bit. Now I'm just waiting on the pair of GP7's to arrive which I hope will be no later than Saturday. Today will be uneventful with the exception of a visit to the docs office this morning, a follow-up visit on my colonoscopy. I may get more work done on the layout later today.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1010971.jpg

While I was in town this morning I stopped off at Lowe's and picked up a few items. #1 - A set of mini-tips for my Shop-Vac, 6 in all. The adapter from the hose to the mini-tip connector, a 1 1/4" wide oval brush, a 1/2" micro crevice tool - handy for getting between closely spaced items, a 45 degree extension tube, a 1/2" wide round brush and a 5" straight extension tube. Cost $12.97. #2 - A 1/2 pint of mis-tinted paint that's a nice medium muddy brown. Cost 50 cents. #3 - A 1/2 pint of mis-tinted paint that's a dark granite color. Cost $1.

Last night me and some friends went to a fair a few counties south of us. My dad had a booth/seminar there and we went down until he went home. I wound up winnng goldfish on that stupid toss the ping pong ball and get it in the cup game. It was addicting. I won 4, my other friends won a few more a piece. Then when we went to go pick them up at the end of the night the carney tried to take me for my money. He wanted $20 bucks for a tank i could get at walmart for like 10 bucks. I told him flat out that i worked hard for my money now and dont wanna be taken for, i wound up getting it for $11. He still probably tripled his money. Total cost of playing the games plus the tank couldnt have been more than $15. Still cheaper than the .25 cent goldfish plus glass tank from walmart :rolleyes: Miraculously they all made it home and through the night, no floaters. If i have any left by the end of next week ill be surprised. But hey i had fun so who cares. Oh yeah and the cat freakin loves 'em.

Im going to camp this weekend, and tommorow concludes my college credit class. Totalling my credits for college to 1.5 or 2. Im happy with that. :D

But it isnt all sunshine in mattville. I went to sit on the bed, and put my knee down and hear crack. There goes the screen on my Ipod Touch. Glad i saved money last night im gonna need to replace the glass now. Parts are cheap, about 15 bucks or send it to apple to repair/replace. Depending on what apple charges, i may just buy new. Im hoping its under $50.

Howdy people,

I haven’t posted here lately so I figured I should bring you all up-to-date.

Back in January I sensed that 2010 would be an especially tough year financially, and recent events seem to be confirming this. My MRR spending was already under pressure because we lost several weeks of Vicky’s income due to her ankle injury and the twin blizzards of February. Now on top of that, we lost a source of funds we had counted on to help pay for my kids’ college tuitions – so now we’re scrambling to try to scrape money from every nook and cranny where we can find it. This not only means eating beans-and-rice dinners every evening for the indefinite future, but worst of all, Vicky has requested me to suspend any further MRR purchases until we get past this crisis.:eek: In all the years we’ve been married she has never said anything like that before. [At least I had already got my new track from my LHS immediately before we were hit with this news, whew!]

Anywho, for the first week or two, I was in total shock and avoiding visiting any mrr-related web sites [including forums]. Now I’ve started thinking clearly again and realized I can probably still build the benchwork for my new layout with the materials I have on-hand – and maybe even get some track laid. I’ve been tinkering with my XtrkCAD track plan and set it up for ‘virtual’ train operation. That activity can be totally addicting in its own right; but it has helped me to discover some aspects of the design that needed tweaking, and I’d rather find those glitches now instead of when I’ve already laid the track.

Other recent family news items: (1) Our above-ground swimming pool wall ruptured, no hope of repair - a total loss. (2) My 17yr-old son has a severe case of Mono; his tonsils are swollen to the size of ping-pong balls, and causing him so much pain he can’t fall sleep. [No sleep = no recovery] And the pain killer medicine makes him nauseated so he can’t keep down any food or drink.

Enough about me...

I guess Jim is still down in the wilderness of Central America. Hope everything's going OK and he gets safely back Stateside soon...

Chris, I know you got it a helluva lot worse than I do so hang in there bud!

Karl, I have a single-axel flatbed trailer that I use to haul my ZTR around, your welcome to borrow it for your smaller tractors if you want.

Rex - if you have any regrets about buying that ore bridge I’ll gladly buy it from you – after my MRR spending moratorium has been lifted, of course!:D Seriously though – the next time you revise your track plan you’ll probably have more space for it, and it’ll really add a lot to the mill scene.

Matt – I learned that painful lesson myself [about leaving fragile electronic items on my bed] 10 years ago, when my then-2yr-old daughter climbed on the bed and stepped on my employer-owned laptop PC while I wasn’t in the room. Cracked the LCD, cost my employer $1200 to get it fixed. I didn’t have to pay for any of it myself but geez I sure felt stupid...!:eek::(

Sorry if I missed anybody, hope you all are doing OK.

Ken;

Long time no read! Glad ya made it back here. I know about the spending moratorium! I've pretty much had been on one since I tried to get my disability. If it hadn't been for me and another friend building a layout for an older gentleman, I'd been broke for another year. That layout got me some badly needed material and tools, for the layout, so you and Jim got to see my layout run when yall visited.

Speaking of running, the operation aspect of Xtrkcad is really addicting as you said. I have "operated" on my layout since I got the design finished, and at times I've had 3 trains running at a time. Hard to keep them separated sometimes, but it IS fun! Also keep in mind that you have an open invite to come over, anytime you're in Pell City with the family.:D

If yall have felt the earth move under your feet, I am the cause. I just bought one of the new Tsunami Southern steam decoders, to put in my Ps-4. Best thing is the Ps-4 whistle on it! Several guys have come over with their sound locos and that totally fascinated my grandson! So I figured that I could deal with the headaches these things cause me for his enjoyment, especially since I can turn the sound off when he's not around.

Will wonders never cease.

Chris, hang in there bud, and definitely get a lawyer! Be one of the best moves that you will make for Ryan's sake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Karl, I have a single-axel flatbed trailer that I use to haul my ZTR around, your welcome to borrow it for your smaller tractors if you want.

Ken
Thanks, but I believe between Bill's 25ft trailer, plus mine and my FIL's flatbed we can handle it. I just thought it might be fun for the boys to drive them to thier new home! However, if you are bored, moving date is August 7th. There will be plenty of cold drinks, plus food on the grill!! The modules will be taken over and set up a couple of days in advance, so we might be operational by then, at least point to point. I'm gonna need a lot more modules though, to fill that 21x43 ft basement!:eek:
Hey, I understand how that spending moratorium goes, been there
, done that. Next time it happens, I'll be ready, as I have almost 2 Rubbermaid tubs full of unbuilt kits, plus several tubs of built kits ready for placement. (knocking on wood) Hopefully, there won't be a next time, butcha never know. Til it gets lifted, keep doin what ya can. Even if its only finishing that module frame I gave you long ago!!!:D

Well gotta get back to packing!;)

Good morning. It's 74 and partly cloudy. The high will be 96 and it will be partly cloudy.

This morning I have to go into town as my father will be taking his car in to have the AC fixed. Someone has to bring him back home. We'll stop off in town and have breakfast before coming back out here. I got word via email yesterday that my GP7's will arrive via UPS sometime today. The sooner the better. I took time yesterday to install new couplers on some freight cars I obtained in trade a while back. They'll get some weathering then I'll decide whether or not they'll be in service or on display or back in their boxes.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1010975.jpg

By the lack of chatter in the Coffee shop I assume all is well with everyone?:confused:

"Flo, I found another lost wallet out in the parking lot again!:eek: How about another 24oz. steak and large loaded baked potato and cold pitcher of beer to wash it down! And get the same thing for the first person to sit at my table!"

Myself I had a quiet day off and spent it cleaning the house and then the inside my truck. The truck started to smell like....the south end of a dead moose's butt! The inside started to look like larry the cable guys truck on "The health Inspector"! LOL's

"Flo, I found another lost wallet out in the parking lot again!:eek: How about another 24oz. steak and large loaded baked potato and cold pitcher of beer to wash it down! And get the same thing for the first person to sit at my table!"
Thanks, Chris. I'd like my steak medium, and the beer Coors, Flo.

It was a cool 106 in the shop today, with humidity about the same number...
It may storm later, but it looks like the rains are winding down for tonight. Maybe tomorrow, last Saturday it stormed like a guy aiming a fire hose at my windshield, let's hope it's not quite that bad.

We live in an apartment, and while the apartment itself is not bad, some of the people in them leave a bit to be desired.
Two weekends ago, our neighbor through the den wall had a wild (loud) party until 2 am. The party has started again.
If they go until 2 again, I think I will get up at 7:01 am and place my boombox up against the adjoining wall, turn it up as loud as it will go, and go yard sale-ing for the morning.

Hi Guys!

Hope everyone had a good week! It was a hot one here and a couple of days we even had some humidty UGH! :p

My Dad and S Mom were the recepients of a Denver news channel "Everyday Heroes" award last week. They provide "Bags of Love" for children who are taken from their homes for a variety of reasons. Usually these kids are taken out in the middle of the night and have to leave everything behind. Bags of love provide them with essentials such as shampoo, soap, towels, lotions, hair accessories, toothbrush/paste and a variety of age appropriate books/toys/radios...

I thought I'd share the news footage of the award presentation. I reckon I am pretty proud of them!

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/7everydayhero/24322075/detail.html

Sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back