What do you do for a living?

...to start my own firm. Did contract work, mostly hospitals and utility firms, especially in hydro. Also taught project management to engineers, who never listened to anything I taught them. :D ...so I have enough money to live comfortably on while in retirement, although I never seem to have any more time to work on my layout now than when I was working. :confused:

What do you think, Crandell, would I pass a psych background or not. :D

Yep, you're a certified nut with all those types of experience in your background. I'll send you the certificate in the mail. :D

-Crandell

Bergen County Police dispatcher and 911 telecommunicator. Big department, and we also dispatch for 2 other towns pd/fd/ems on top of our stuff. Answre 911's for 17 towns and every cellular company.

Full time Race car damper tec (shock builder) for cars foud in the Atlantic,IRL,ALMS race car series. We build dampers for all diffrent race cars and even some street cars if the owner wants to spend top dollar for a hi tec damper. I also drive the parts semi truck or the race car hauler for the company to bring spare parts or race cars to race tracks around the country.

Part time (when the economy is good)
Run a semi dump truck hauling heavy machines and meterials around chicago job sites.

Full time Race car damper tec (shock builder) for cars foud in the Atlantic,IRL,ALMS race car series. We build dampers for all diffrent race cars and even some street cars if the owner wants to spend top dollar for a hi tec damper. I also drive the parts semi truck or the race car hauler for the company to bring spare parts or race cars to race tracks around the country.

Part time (when the economy is good)
Run a semi dump truck hauling heavy machines and meterials around chicago job sites.

Wow I love Alms style racing as well as pretty much every form of racing. Im jealous :p

USN, Retired (1969-1993). Currently Principal Engineer for a Naval Architecture/Marine Engineering Corporation in Washington, DC.

Resp'y,
Bob S.

Crandell, I'm glad to hear I'll get an actual certificate that I'm a nut so I'll have an excuse for what I do now and again. :)

HB, my brother retired from Honeywell a few years ago. He was VP in charge of Field Training.

Steve, 911 dispatching is a tough job. Nowhere near enough pay for the skills and personality you need to do a good job. I had a lot of respect for the dispatchers I worked with. The good ones save my life a few times. I won't talk about the few that almost got me killed. :rolleyes:

I'm still amazed at the range of jobs and skills here. We could open a heck of an international engineering, construction, IT, and consultancy firm.

Temorarily injured road freight monkey for Uncle Pete, Chicago Service Unit on the E/W line. Been fixing friend's cars to keep busy as of late. I am pretty sick of 1:1 scale railroading, been hoping to get into auto repair, or maybe one of the smaller regional lines. Going home every day would be nice, Clinton IA stinks (literally and figuratively)

I work in a chemical manufacturing plant, 23 years. My department is the heartbeat of the plant, the boiler house. Without us, the plant cannot function. Nothing personal toward the educated persons that have answered here, but our diploma bearing employees have no common sense. Last year, when our corporate office wanted our plant to operate 5 days a week, our assistant plant manager tried to figure out a way to shut down the boiler house on weekends during the winter. Needless to say, that did not happen, so my job kept plugging right along. Oh, and one other thing, I've been a volunteer firefighter for 28 years.

I would LOVE to have everyone of you in a room together. imagine the conversation. wow.

I'm a former telephone repair{wo}man. been a horse trainer most of my life, even while doing the phone thing.

had bunches of other jobs when young. worked for a fashion designer. learned silversmithing.

and I run a horse rescue as well. its been pretty grim lately with the economy. people seem to take their frustrations and disappointments out on their animals.

What a fascinating collection of talents and abilities. I'm a criminal defense lawyer full-time, a recovering firefighter/EMT, and the navigator and tactician on an sailing racing program.

I'm struck by the number of people whose work history is very diverse, which makes sense given the diversity of skills this hobby requires.

Back