What do you do for a living?

Larry

Long Winded Old Fart
Employer, Retired, Self Employed, Railroad, Driver, Pilot etc.
Me First; Retired since 2007 the second time. Did work for Walmart.:D

Telephone Cable Splicing Supervisor for a contracting company to Century Link for the state of Penna. Drummer for a local rock band. President of the Bricktown Modelrailroad Club. and still a magician as a hobby. My ex says I'm a know it all, I kinda do I just can't remember it all at once....:p

Retired Calibration Tech for a So. Cal. Aerospace company. Retired last June after 33 years, now working part time for same company helping the person out that took my place.

Paul O.

For the last 12 years worked for Pasco County Parks and Recreation responsible for preparing and maintence of Baseball, Football, Soccer, LaCross, and all Sports fields found in a county park! Then on October 9th 2009 9 days before my 13th annv. I was layed off due to gross government mismanagement of tax moneys. So now I Own and Operate my Own Lawn Service (Shameless plug;) Hanson Family Lawn Service!) here in Spring Hill, Florida.

Chief lackey in charge of cooking and bottle washing!:D

Manager of a Men's Clothing Store. I laughed when I had to fill out a return authorization slip the other day. It asked for the shipping clerk's name. Well, that's me! Then it asked for the department manager's name. That's me as well! Ah, retail, what a life.:)

Mostly self employed buying and selling used railway junk.... (er, valuable merchandise).
Contractor for rail work, sometimes Fire Protection Foreman.
Done almost everything else before that. (no, realy!)

Self employed now with my own Handyman business, hence the user name.;)

Spent 25 years as a CNC programmer/operator for two different companies.

I FINALLY found my long-lost password for this forum. Sorry it has been so long.

To reply to the "What do you do for a living" question: I was an electrician for 17 years and about 10 years ago I started manufacturing model railroad accessories on the side. Then 6 years ago I quit my day job and run my model railroad business full time. I sell all over the world from the website www.MrTrain.com

It has been a great way to meet other railroad enthusiasts and see other layouts! My wife is now working full time at the business too! She is the main tree builder. Quite a life at 45 years old.

Corporate Pilot for my real job. Been doing that for about thriteen years. Well thirteen if you count the four I took off a couple years ago to join the Coast Guard. Got out after my four and went back to flying.

Also a wanna be photographer. Pictures of our travels, trains and planes, and whatever else looks interesting. Check out our site if you got a few minutes.

Federal research grant accounting and various other bizzy-ness type functions for a major research university for 7 years. Laid off last July.

Prior to that was a software engineer and then a program manager for a telecom equipment supplier for 16 years. Laid off in 2001.

Did some substitute teaching and retail in between.

I'm leaning toward getting into tax accounting but I have one more kid to get off to college, at which time I might pack up and head to the Sunshine State for good. Bay Line has a nice yard in Panama City. ;)

Retired 16 years. Formally graphic designer and part owner of graphic design/printing firm.

I'm a Union Construction Laborer, Local 435. I get to do all the crap work but hey its good money and I have Health Insurance. Only issue is this was a terrible construction year here in NY with this crap economy so I have been laid off most of the year. I need to go back and finish my Engineering Degree. :(

I'm a database administrator, or "DBA", for a small division of a university-affiliated research center. Been here for 15 years, another 12 yrs to go before I can retire. Previously I was a tech rep for a company that installed and maintained computer systems for small businesses, and before that I was a software engineer for a government contracting company (lots of those in the DC metro area).

As the name implies

Research Barn Technition for a large family-owned hog farm. I am on lunch break incase you are woundering. I have worked in ag my whole life but always dreamed of working for the railroads (if I could be home every night, yah right).

Back