Weekly Photo Fun 6-4/6-10

V&AL

Fred's Loco Shop Foreman
Starting off this week with some standard, non-hacked locomotives:

Bay, Bayou, and Gulf GE 44 Tonner drops of a car at the peanut co-op:

DSC05505.jpg

WSOR SD-18 (custom build from an Athearn BB) running light meets a WC SD-45 trio on a caboose hop:

DSC05509.jpg

DSC05513.jpg

DSC05510.jpg

DSC05514.jpg

perfect timing at the grade crossing:
DSC05515.jpg

Disclaimer: My units, shot on the Albemarle Railroad Club layout

Last edited by a moderator:
V&AL,

Do you know how the streets are done on the club layout? I'm about to build a photo diorama and will have a Farm-to-Market road on there and those on the layout look very realistic.

Painted plaster...

ahhh good ol' FM roads... I'm a Texas native, and I'm gonna eventually start working on some dioramas of the old MP line into Houston from Spring. the big question: what era do I make the FM-1960 crossing? It changed at least 3 times in 10 years when I was growing up...

gramps. always love your shots. Maybe one day whenever I finish a set of models i'll send them to you to run on your layout and snap some pics of them. I think you'll like the _RR scheme that will be on them ;):D

Just testing some trains...

Thought I would share my Western Maryland test run, just for the heck of it...:D

It is always a pleasure, Gentlemen. :D Love the nice imagery.

I haven't been taking images lately so I will recycle an older one in B&W.

C-train-w-smokeadjBW.png

Well, I think you guys take some great looking realistic looking photos. There sure are a lot of really nice pictures on this forum! I hope to be able to shoot some like them in the future...

Good start to the weekend already folks!

Grampy......... WOW! Another great photo of your superb modeling!

Crandell, nice shot! Is that a Y6b doing the pushing?

I have some new out buildings for the guests at Miller's Bed and Breakfast at Hopewell Junction. You can also see the afternoon milk train passing behind the place on a hot August afternoon on the S.L.O.&W..

NecessaryHouse4w.png

NecessaryHouse1w.png

NecessaryHouse2w.png

Don't pay no never mind to that guy using the "facility", that's just James the Handyman. He's a farm boy and doesn't see any reason to shut the door.... He figures if he needs his sinuses cleared out, he can go muck out the pen stabling on the farm. Frankly if it weren't for the crowd enjoyin' the concert in the park across the street, he'd most likely be waterin' the tree. He's been talked to about his "habits" by the good Rev. Miller on several occasions, but he ain't about to change!

NecessaryHouse3w.png

Thanks, everyone, for your compliments. :D The engine is indeed a Y6b Mallet type 2-8-8-2 made by PCM.

Ray, darn you. Now I want one of those very fine ten-wheelers! :( Nice images, and I like the narrative. We should see a bit more in the way of stories, and not just a photo. My opinion.

-Crandell

Nice job on that kitbash, V&AL. Really shows what can be done with a BB locomotive. Looks like the #1801 needs a slight coupler adjustment in that last photo though. :)

Jeffrey, nice patch jobs. Good to see work is stil progressing on Frankenengine. :D

Gramps, very nice night shot.

Crandell, I thought you were posting a Winston O. Link picture there for a second.

Ray, nice to see the guests at the Miller's place have some "conveniences" now. :) Spike the engineer must be a cousin of James. He's always watering the weeds out back behind the engine house.

Thanks Jim, but I didn't do it...

I paid for it...:eek:

It was running light on a test run, so I'll look into coupler height etc.. once I find my goldurned coupler gauge!!!

Well, heck, it's a nice engine anyway. :) Those older BB engines had coupler pocket covers that would slip down like that. A little touch of CA should fix it right up.

Just another photo of my newly painted MRL GP35 that I built from an Athearn RTR Alantic Coast Line. Should have purchased one in Southern Pacific since that was what MRL's #406 was orginally. It's fully detailed, DCC and with working ditchlights.

IMG_0870.png

Back