Weekly Photo Fun 6-4/6-10

jbaakko

MLW, how do you like the Slab side cars. I was interested in getting one or two, even though I don't think there are many left on the rails now.

I like the TLT Slab side cars: They run and track very well, free rolling metal wheelset and come with KD#5.

The details is very good (for me at least)

Some of them were built in Sorel Qc (Close to my stumpings grounds) and had quite a long carreer.
They fit nicely on my layout, and the region I model. A truly Canadian prototype made by
a Canadian Model RR company, doesn't get any better then this!:D

20096718327_TLT3.JPG

2009671847_TLT4.JPG

attachment.php

20096718054_TLT1.JPG

20096718558_TLT5.JPG

Jim, thanks for the compliments and that is done in HO scale. The pool table, bar counter and the bar shelves are all home made. Here's a few closeups of the interior taken during construction

GregsSaloonBuildOff047.jpg

GregsSaloonBuildOff048.jpg

GregsSaloonBuildOff049.jpg

Cheers, Simon

I took a few of my "new" power down to the club tonight.. first run P2K GP18's

first the 4 worked a few coal drags and then moved some emptys to a grain yard.
th_MVI_2090.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe was this the bridge you were thinking was going to be too low?.. i think that pick up looks right at home under it. there are a few still left like that out here in the midwest. none on any main roads thank god!

Thanks, MLW, I'll have to watch for some sales on the guard rail kit.

Simon, that's an interesting lady on top of the bar.:D Nice job on the rest of the details too.

Trent, nice lash up and coal train.

Joe, slap some low clearance signs on that bridge and you'll have it made. :)

Another Cheapo ConCor unit dressed up. This was a stripped unit I got off of ebay. The shell was brittle and cracked. Doesn't look too bad once everything is added to it though.

100_4041.jpg

100_4040.jpg

Scratch built O scale Rio Grande Southern 16x24 50,000 Gallon Water Tank. This is on eBay but was built for display at the National Narrow Gauge Convention this year so if it sells I will be building another before the end of the summer. Spout is a Grant Line piece and is the only commercial part used.

Tank is built board by board, shingles are individually applied. Note that even the frost box door has a brass lock on it.

Jerome, nice job on that Con-Cor unit. It's shiney! Looks like a builders photo. :)

Jeffrey, I forgot those were being sold by Model Power now. They were originally AHM but I think a bunch of companies have come out with different variations over the years.

Matt, do you have a link for the auction? I'm just curious to see how much it will go for. I'd sure be bidding on it of I had an O scale narrow gauge layout.

Started a ruined building foundation for a client today. Walls are individual blocks of hydrocal plaster assembled with Goo. The bricks are Evergreen strip that was painted (though I still need to touch up the ends with a detail brush).

Back