Jerome's Switcher Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, its now been a week since the decoder was ordered for A&P 1207.:mad:
Just sent an email inquring as to whats up?:confused:
I havn't been this exasperated since I got locked in a roundhouse and they told me the key was in the corner!!:rolleyes:
I could have driven there and back by now! ;)

Hey I got mine today!
(just Kidding, haven't even ordered it yet)
Hope it shows up soon Karl, waiting for you to tell me how to install one!

So Jerome, just what did you do to 1206 that makes it run better than my Kato????

Rick, added a special turbo charger!!!! ;) Actually, cleaned the brushes good, cleaned the wheels, lubed it and soldered the wires to the motor. The old blue box Athearns are actually good runners.

I don't know if all of you guys have seen this Switcher that Jerome built for me about 3 years ago for my Fantasy railroad. It's a Focal point on my layout all the time. It's an old Athearn SW1500.

Last edited by a moderator:
:mad:Grrrrrrrrrrr!:mad:

lemme tell ya why ;)

3/12/12 ESU loksound release the sound software for download appropriate for A&P 1207
3/13/12 I ordered an "AUX 4" decoder from Tony's Train Exchange with the software loaded, got a confirmation email saying that it would be shipped tomorrow.
3/20/12 (a week later) I sent them an inquiry, since normally I get stuff from them in 3-4 days. This morning there was an email reply stating it was being looked into, and if I didn't hear from them, it was on the way.:confused:
Tonight I get another email from them saying it was mailed today! If it wernt for a USPS tracking number, I wouldnt believe it!!!:eek::mad:
TTX is on thin ice here. Anyone got a recommendation for a reliable ESU/Loksound dealer, one that responds quickly but wont gouge me? :confused:
(I found 1 dealer, but with a 30+% mark up over retail!)

Litchfield Station although the owner is computer illiterate and that can sometimes be a problem.

Traintek is shop I go to a lot for my DCC needs. Prices are usually on par with Litchfield, which is usually a few bucks less than Tony's

I think Tony's may have taken a while since it's a new sound file that has to be downloaded from the ESU site and programmed into the decoder manually, and not a factory preloaded soundset.

Jerome
Ive now got an Alco C415, and it needs a driveline refresh. ;)
I know I has to scratch a frame, and I have NWSL driveshaft material, just the trucks bother me. I was thinking Athearn U-Boat or RS3?:confused:
What did you use?:confused:

Thanks for the info,,,but I may have come up with an alternative!:rolleyes:
It seem a Walthers FA has the same trucks and whee lbase and can be had on ebay dirt cheap ! They run great, so why not?:D

Speaking of the devil, here it is in all its undecorated glory, All the handrails are intact, but it run like,,,well,, like an IHC!
Gotta fix that,, but I still got a half dozen engines ahead of it!;)
Well, someday!:p
Alco%20C415.JPG

BTW the lokSound Aux4 decoder arrived at 4 pm today:D:D:D , sans instruction sheet and speaker :eek:(Loksounds website says it comes with a speaker) Conveniently an hour after Tony's closed till Monday!:mad:

Update! Loksound speaker came Saturday, no instuctions or speaker. Website says it comes with speaker, vendor confused about it,:confused: Manufacturer says they will contact vendor. I'm getting really depressed about the whole affair. :( 1207 may never get a sound decoder at this rate!:rolleyes:

Gonna go out to the garage now, and assemble my new gas grill. Gottta get away from the aggrevation for awhile!!;)

Tony's probably took the decoder out of the package to program it since the sound file is new. Then, they must have put it back in the package without putting the speaker and the instruction sheet back in.

From what you've been describing, Tony's seems to be very.... flakey.

Speaker issue resolved (me happy) thanks to the good folks at ESU Loksound!! :D
TTX, you've seen the last check from me, for ANYTHING!:p

Coming soon, SW1500 W/sound (hopefully by the weekend!):D

Hi Jerome,

may I ask you another identication problem?

What sor to f hron does the Alco in this picture have and what part number would do for it?

The prototype for this loco would be only an hour or two's drive from your place.

Paul

Ops, identification, I mean.

Thanks for your help once again, Jerome. Sure is good having someone with your know to ask about obscure detail part questions.

How many MP15AC's do you have now? The mashima motor in them should give you years of excellent service (you'd think I was a Mashima sales rep).

I wonder how Karl is going with that loksound decoder? I looked at the 750 tsunami for the ARC S3 project, but it has only two functions. I need four: front headlight, rear headlight, one set of ditch lights and the opposite set of ditch lights. Could be loksound might be a good option there, though the speaker it comes with will be two big.

Don't decoder manufactures care about switcher fanactics?

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back