Weekly Photo Fun 10-30/11-5

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Ah, so THAT was Al?
I've heard about him across the street but 'till now never had the pleasure.
Wait... I still haven't. :D
And now back to your regularly scheduled thread!
 
Jeff,

which paints did you use (latex equivalent to Floquil) on your couplers?

Thank you,

Trey
 
Jeff,

which paints did you use (latex equivalent to Floquil) on your couplers?
For ColorPlace paint from Wal-Mart it's a flat accent base latex. You can get the same mix for the Rail Tie Brown with these numbers: C 47 L 2Y . For the same color with Valspar you woukd use you would use an interior flat finish. Flat base 4, 105-2Y27, 109-1.5, 111-17.5, 113-3.

The batch of the rust color I'm using doesn't have any numbers on it. I'll get some mixed Thursday and get you the numbers.
 


Thanks, Willis. I still show 1 item in my messages, but none unread, so I have assumed all along it is the one I sent. I'll check to make sure, but I have had no email notifications or anything else, and have deleted nothing in my PM messages for weeks.

Also, I sent a PM to Jim asking him what he was thinking in view of the "Alparition", but have not seen a response. I suspect his must have gone AWOL, too?

-Crandell
 
While passing through the toy isle today at Wal*mart, I found this neat looking Ice Cream truck! I plan to replace the wheels with some low profile truck wheels from Dennis Aust.

I apologize in advance for the unfocused photo, for some reason the camera did not want to focus. I'll try again later tonight.
 
Thanks, Willis. I still show 1 item in my messages, but none unread, so I have assumed all along it is the one I sent. I'll check to make sure, but I have had no email notifications or anything else, and have deleted nothing in my PM messages for weeks.

Also, I sent a PM to Jim asking him what he was thinking in view of the "Alparition", but have not seen a response. I suspect his must have gone AWOL, too?

-Crandell

Ah! So! yep I sent it with the "reply tag" and it went to Bob! I guess it was effective huh! :D

Cheers
Willis
 
hea jeff nice work on that couppler i love that idea one question tough how well does the paint stand up on them with all the bumping and rubbing?
 
Heres a shot of a Metrolink pulling in.

DSC_0019.png
 
hea jeff nice work on that couppler i love that idea one question tough how well does the paint stand up on them with all the bumping and rubbing?
It stands up quite well. I give them a short shot of Matte-Finish for some protection. Couplers that I painted 5 years ago still look great.
 


Jeff,

which paints did you use (latex equivalent to Floquil) on your couplers?

Rail Tie Brown.

ColorPlace (Wal-Wart)
1 quart size. Interior/flat latex. Accent base, C 47, L2Y.


Valspar (Lowe's)
1 quart size. Interior/flat latex. Base 4, 105-2Y27, 109-1.5, 111-17.5, 113-3.


Now for the Rust.

Olympic (Lowe's)
1 quart size. Interior/flat latex. Base 5, 105-26, 107-2Y11.5, 115-35.5.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
MD Custom: good to see the Galveston RR club doin well... how's the RR museum doin now? last I heard they were cuttin up the whale belly tanker (WHY??!! they're supposed to preserve that stuff!!) I know Ike knocked their stuff all over the place. Did the Texas Limited FP9's survive?

speaking of 'whale belly tanker' in HO who makes these???
 
Hey guys! A lot of great work here. I enjoy seeing all of yours artistic abilities and visions. Sorry to see one less vision to enjoy but BAM! that's what happens when you can't play nice.
 
Well, after a long time of absence overhere I thought it was time to show that N scale is still alive!:D
Here are some pictures of the farm "under construction" module wich will be part of our Nmodule layout for the coming mrr show in the end of November( hope to make pictures too if light is enough to make representitive pictures...:o
So here they are..IN N SCALE..
f_yu0sfco9m_8827d82.jpg

I found one old picture from the '60's:
f_1cd37i6ms1cm_641eacd.jpg

some detailshots of the barn/stable and gate:
f_vxixej8k0m_5f925be.jpg


f_151a49xmdihm_2f35caf.jpg


Jos
 
I know we moved on from this but I never got a chance to say that before the pics were removed. That had to be the first time I ever seen a picture of a guy leaning up against his layout as if some gangsta rapper leaning up against the hood of a car like some baller punk. Good riddance IMO.
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top