Weekly Photo Fun 10-30/11-5

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
PA290117.jpg
 


Very nice, guys. We're off to very fine start.

I show a K4s Pacific shoving a powerless GG1 into the roundhouse .

Cs-gg1-at-TT-lower.png


-Crandell
 
I'll second that incredible. You guys are what I want to be when I grow up!

I'll post some more pictures later but you guys are out of my league. I consider it an honor to show my work on the same site.
 
Grampy, where you looking into my train room after lunch?:confused:;) You cought me red handed. I pulled out some stuff to take some new pic's and packed them up again.

Trinity's 2-8-2 gets her water tender filled for her trip back to Trinity.
picture.php


As the 2-8-2 get's toped off the local with milk car stop's at the station to drop off Mrs. Smith.
picture.php


Trinity's Local runs through Trinitys Industrial district.
picture.php


The box cab crew has to wait in the siding till the Main clears to finish their switching duties........I think Engineer Joe while he wait's, might check to see if any beer was left in the empty reefer!:eek::rolleyes:
picture.php


And As we Leave Trinity Railway We hang back this Sign:
picture.php
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Jeffrey, nice gas station scene.

Chris, good to see you still know how to put a car on the tracks. :) I had to laugh at the "industrial" area but I'm sure it will look great once you the funds and time to complete it.

DJ, even if you're not a Pennsy fan, it's hard not to love those old E's and F's with the pinstripes and trainphone antennas. Nice shot as usual. Any idea whne Pennsy stopped using the trainphone system?

Crandell, good way to sneak a GG1 into an area with no overhead. :) Is that an honorary steam engine peeking out of the roundhouse?

BAM, that billboard is hilarious. Did it come with the BMLA kit? Your layout and theme reminds of that famous Danish guy...Pele something...very nice looking work.
 
Cardboard industries, They been taxed to death!LOL's Just trying to get a feel for the concrete jungle! better to do it in card board first!
 


Jim, thanks. Darn it if that same K4 didn't have to rescue a Norfolk & Western Trainmaster earlier in the week. The N&W's crew is using Seneca facilities to do a traction motor changout.

The UP TTT-6 in the far bay is another oddity. No one remembers how or when it got there, but nobody's complaining. :D

-Crandell
 
Hello again everyone
BAM - The trailer under the billboard nice touch. I like your story telling.
Here's a little more of my Fox River residential are. It's Hot Rod Nite at HOJOs
The HOJO, Texaco Gas and Fire House are Lefton Roadside USA structures Them and the house at the curve are ceramic. Yes that hose between the houses is a scrap of green wire.
 
Hmmm, what hose? What fire house? What Texaco Station?
Well I think these shots are more like it. Well better ones to come.
 
Heres some more shots of my favoritesssss,

NS Dash 8-40C
models008.jpg


NS coal car (one of many)
models004.jpg


My P&W Dash 8's
models005.jpg


3901 weathering details closeup
models003-1.jpg


A whoopsies while i was switching the coal...this switch has always been a pain in my a**:mad:
models007.jpg


Thanks for looking everyone!

-Nate
 
Thanks, guys. Jim, I believe they abandoned them in the 1964-1965 time period, and converted to radio. DJ.
They did abandon them then. The big problem with the Pennsy Trainphone system was it didn't work too well over electrified trackage especially along the Northeast Corridor because of interference from the electrical equipment on the engines.
 


BAM, I just saw the second set of pictures. The work on the street is outstanding. I'm kind of a street fanatic in terms of trying to get the look right, but you hit it spot on. I hope the RIP car isn't for a relative or friend. :(

Crandell, any UP engine is never an oddity. :) Perhaps strayed a little from the home road but never an oddity.

Gary, some of those buildings are ceramic? They look pretty good and close to scale. I've seen a few advertised and wondered how they would look on a layout. I like the way you've got a multilevel look to the area. A good way to show off everything.

Nate, nice engines and cars. I've never thought to take a picture of derailment but, if I did, I would have filled up a 10 Gb SD card in my early days of building my layout. :D

DJ and DD, I thought it was sometime in the 60's. The inductive system was a great advance when it was first introduced in 30's, since two way radios were still in their infancy and telegraph, trackside phones, and train orders were still the normal mode of communication. Since the inductive system operated at about 200 kilohertz, which is way down in the long wave band, it had to be troubled by atmospheric noise and constant static from lightning in the summer. It must have been impossible to use with overhead wires.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top