Weekly Photo Fun 10-30/11-5

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


DSCN2107.jpg
 


picture.php


Thought's/Idea's? For those who haven't heard what happen to the bridge.......Long story short, A kid not of my own smashed it! Now I'm playing with Ideas on what to do for a scene? the area is not set in stone yet so many ways to go.....
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Chris:

Long story short, A kid not of my own smashed it!
I think next time the kid won't do that again....watching that knife at the left of your harmful and peaceful diorama"under construction"...=)
Ideas??? well maybe something like the rocks in grand canyon ...almost vertical!
and very few trees and shrubs...or grey shrubs and red/grey rocks as if the whole diorama is screeming for water...???
just my 0,002 cents of course...

Jos
 
picture.php


Thought's/Idea's? For those who haven't heard what happen to the bridge.......Long story short, A kid not of my own smashed it! Now I'm playing with Ideas on what to do for a scene? the area is not set in stone yet so many ways to go.....

Didnt you have hours tied up in that bridge too? Perhaps im thinking of another member here.

I would make the blue foam peices more even from larges on the bottom to smallest on top. Then shave them all down like a slope. Just like the embankment you did under the tracks. Then if you want anything overhanging. You can make rock molds for that.
 
Or he can do it just the way he's doing it. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen cliff faces protruding more at the bottom and top than in the middle.
 
Never mind how the foam is......The foam hasn't been glued or nothing I just randomly piled it up to rough in something. Basicly through it together. Jos, yes it does scream for water but it's such a tiny box 1'x2' need more room for a nice water affect....i would think?
 


Oops Chris...language problem...I was trying to say that it has/could look like it hasn't rained for months! So modeling and painting the surface/scen like a kind of very dry desert with jushatrees etc...
Now I understand why you thought about the water..."screaming for water";)
like on this picture in this link:http://abqstyle.com/arizona-photos/the-red-rock-of-sedona-arizona

Jos

Grampy post some wonderful scene's, I think some thing like his might work too;-)
 
A project I'm working on. It's an Athearn GP50 body on an Athearn GP38-2 frame and will be categorized as a GP42X. It is however missing a dynamic hatch, which explains the large opening in the top of the body. If anyone has an Athearn GP50 dynamic brake hatch they don't need please let me know. I can use it.

PB060152.jpg
 
Since I can't seem to find a GP50 dynamic brake housing anywhere (Even Athearn and Ebay don't have it) I'm cutting the DB housing out of an old Athearn GP60 shell. Whoever had it before me glued it in really good so I'll have to literally cut it free. This will probably keep me busy for several hours. This new loco will be quite unusual.
 


Or he can do it just the way he's doing it. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen cliff faces protruding more at the bottom and top than in the middle.

Never mind how the foam is......The foam hasn't been glued or nothing I just randomly piled it up to rough in something. Basicly through it together. Jos, yes it does scream for water but it's such a tiny box 1'x2' need more room for a nice water affect....i would think?

My preference is to use stone work as an overhang. Not a single thickness peice of foam. Thus why I made the suggestion. Of course, this is model railroading and we are free to do it any way we see fit but that is how my personal prefrence has alway been.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top