For ColorPlace paint from Wal-Mart it's a flat accent base latex. You can get the same mix for the Rail Tie Brown with these numbers: C 47 L 2Y . For the same color with Valspar you woukd use you would use an interior flat finish. Flat base 4, 105-2Y27, 109-1.5, 111-17.5, 113-3.Jeff,
which paints did you use (latex equivalent to Floquil) on your couplers?
Thanks, Willis. I still show 1 item in my messages, but none unread, so I have assumed all along it is the one I sent. I'll check to make sure, but I have had no email notifications or anything else, and have deleted nothing in my PM messages for weeks.
Also, I sent a PM to Jim asking him what he was thinking in view of the "Alparition", but have not seen a response. I suspect his must have gone AWOL, too?
-Crandell
It stands up quite well. I give them a short shot of Matte-Finish for some protection. Couplers that I painted 5 years ago still look great.hea jeff nice work on that couppler i love that idea one question tough how well does the paint stand up on them with all the bumping and rubbing?
Jeff,
which paints did you use (latex equivalent to Floquil) on your couplers?
MD Custom: good to see the Galveston RR club doin well... how's the RR museum doin now? last I heard they were cuttin up the whale belly tanker (WHY??!! they're supposed to preserve that stuff!!) I know Ike knocked their stuff all over the place. Did the Texas Limited FP9's survive?
Atlas makes 33,000 gal Whale Belly cars...speaking of 'whale belly tanker' in HO who makes these???
