Weekly Photo Fun 10-30/11-5

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Rico, I agree w/you 100%. If you don't like what we post, hit the road jack. We're not all perfect like you Bam-bam. I've been on this forum for 7 years plus. It's what we all see in others trains & train layouts that makes this forum such a nice place to be. This is family & we don't crap on family. Keep your negatives to yourself & you will fit in, don't & we won't say good things about you either.
My 100 million dollars worth.
If I've stepped on anyone's toes w/this madder than hell reply, tough.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Great work everyone, not been in for ages. Not done any railroading for a year or so, maybe longer, what with emigrating then not emigrating and everything going belly up at work. And of late i have become a firefighter which has taken a lot of blood sweat and tears but i made it through training and am now at my local fire station/department.

BTW i am still Green through and through, green as in Burlington Northern

Dude, Where have ya been? It's hasn't been the same since you left! BTW: I knew you'd come back!;)
 


I didnt shiit on everyones stuff. Just one guys stuff who post pictures of the same garbage on more than three forums. I have seen the same garbage for years. I am not saying I am all that either. My layout and detail is not great at all. But it is only half garbage not full garbage like his.
Oh yea and to Larry - I will just fold in and begin the blowing smoke up your a*sses and say things like "Great photos this week guys" "ALL very FINE work this week guys" "J very fine pictures"

That's way un-called for Bam:mad:! Jeff has many friends here and it is very unwise to pick fights here!!! Please stop!
 
BAM BABY: I knew who you were right from your first post, but I didn't say anything about it because I respect your work. I like your attention to detail and the way you set your scenes. Now why you select to dump on someone who has such respect for your is beyond me but I'll tell you this here and now. Your inability to keep a civil tongue has gotten you kicked out of more than one forum and it'll get you kicked out of here too. These people don't stand for someone stirring the pot and bashing others so make your mind up now. Be civil or be gone. One of the two. There's no middle ground.
 


The name change was quick. No one says you have to like anything. What we saw wasn't criticism, but an attack. Rather than put anyone down based on your opinion try making suggestions, or just move on to the next pic. I'm sure you'll find one that you like.
 
Critiques and suggestions are one thing, but personal attacks and saying the work looks like crap is another.

Sure, not everyone is a master model railroader. Nobody is asking anyone to say otherwise. But being civil about it, and not being negative just to be mean isn't asking too much.
 
OK, time to move on.

This pic was taken yesterday as part of demonstration of what can be done with latex paint. I used flat latex equivalents of Floquil (enamel) 'Rust' and 'Rail Tie Brown' to weather my couplers. The coupler pictured is a Kadee Whisker SE shelf coupler, such as you'd find on a tank car. I used both the rust and rail tie brown to add character to the coupler and parts of the car.

DSCN2096.jpg
 
BAM BABY: I knew who you were right from your first post, but I didn't say anything about it because I respect your work. I like your attention to detail and the way you set your scenes. Now why you select to dump on someone who has such respect for your is beyond me but I'll tell you this here and now. Your inability to keep a civil tongue has gotten you kicked out of more than one forum and it'll get you kicked out of here too. These people don't stand for someone stirring the pot and bashing others so make your mind up now. Be civil or be gone. One of the two. There's no middle ground.

I knew immediately, too, Jeff, and he is back at the moment with another name. I can tell bull droppings when I see them.

BTW, if the mods are reading, about two days ago I sent at least one PM reporting abuse and have to date not been acknowledged. I don't know if my PM's are not getting through...but I did point out who this person is.

-Crandell
 
More like a Ghetto thug loser in my opinion who does nothing but start trouble on various forums. There I spoke my mind and its the truth.
I agree! Sad, He's a good model railroader with a crappy way of treating others!! May be he should spend less time with his trains and more time working on improving his attude!JMO

Question to the mod, why did we let him back in here?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
For any other modeller to call another's efforts unworthy says so much more about the critic than it does about his intended victim.

Maybe one day...just maybe, Al will clue into that little gem of social logic. I won't hold my breath...

This is the last I'll say about this unfortunate and unnecessary event.

-Crandell
 
I don't know if my PM's are not getting through...but I did point out who this person is.
Hi Crandell
Yep I got one and I did answer it. The reported posts come to my home email address, usually when I answer a report the members seem to get them. Guess I'll check and see where it was sent to.

Cheers
Willis
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top