Weekly Photo Fun 10-30/11-5

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


BAM Baby - I was just down in SoCal a couple weeks ago and those scenes with the fast food places and billboards bring me right back! It's pretty sweet seeing something contemporary.

Jeffrey - What is that white building behind the freight cars?

and now, a few pictures of mine...

High speed trains are now running on the line. Though area residents had voiced concern over unsightly overhead wires, the folks down at the Lab have come up with... transparent copper! :D

The 8:03 on its way out of the yard. The paint scheme is based on California High Speed Rail's proposed colors. www.cahighspeedrail.ca.gov/
highspeed01_shadow.jpg


Two bullet trains stand ready at San Francisco station. In a few more years, you'll be able to whisk down to BAM Angeles in just two and a half hours, but for now, it's all aboard to Fairyland via the Walnut Haven branch.
highspeed02_sf-station.jpg


Picking up speed on the way out of San Fran...
highspeed03_cablecar.jpg


Entering the Tunnel...close your eyes and hold onto your dreams, for we are about to leave Pacific Standard Time...
highspeed04_sideview.jpg


The Lost Mission looms in the canyon shadows as we near our destination.
highspeed05_castlestation.jpg


and wherever you may go, there you are...
highspeed06_castle.jpg
 
Matt, Love the Galveston Model Railroad Club layout thanks for sharing.
BAM Baby, that Burger Kings been floating around here since the '80's still haven't work it into the current scheme. I like what you did with it.
Smiley, interesting concept. I'd like to see more of those 'Painted Ladies' you've got there!
And now for some more of my ceramic buildings. The lighthouse was a paint yourself thing and I'm not that happy with it but it fits the spot on my waterfront. The REA building is some famous station. I just didn't need another station.
 


I was able to get out of the garage and do a little railfanning on the MRL. I set up on a bluff overlooking the Bozeman Tunnel along the interstate but I was only able to catch a BNSF Grain Train and the MRL 840 Local heading to Livingston with its GP35 team pulling the way.

Picture004.png



Picture034.png


Happy Holloween!!

WOW, is all I can say! I literally had to do a double take because I thought that was real, amazing work, keep it up!

Nice to see you on the forums big AL, good work as always!
 
Some further progress on the GP60's. Still waiting on the horns from Miniatures by Eric.

100_4833.jpg


100_4834.jpg


And started work on a couple of GP40-2's.

100_4831.jpg


100_4832.jpg
 
I was able to get out of the garage and do a little railfanning on the MRL. I set up on a bluff overlooking the Bozeman Tunnel along the interstate but I was only able to catch a BNSF Grain Train and the MRL 840 Local heading to Livingston with its GP35 team pulling the way.

Picture004.png



Picture034.png


Happy Holloween!!

Are those NJ International crossing gates?
 
MD Custom: good to see the Galveston RR club doin well... how's the RR museum doin now? last I heard they were cuttin up the whale belly tanker (WHY??!! they're supposed to preserve that stuff!!) I know Ike knocked their stuff all over the place. Did the Texas Limited FP9's survive?
 
Jerome, Your not happy buying out the market on SW! Now you started buying all the road Road Units too!!!
 


Thank you Jeffery. I can cancel my appointment for the retina transplant. I picked up a NH 40' boxcar a couple of months back made by Roundhouse. Nice car but it was about 1/2 shade off of being glo in the dark scorching orange. Took all of about 5 minutes to strip the trucks and couplers off it and hit it with rust and grime. LOL
 
Thank you Jeffery. I can cancel my appointment for the retina transplant. I picked up a NH 40' boxcar a couple of months back made by Roundhouse. Nice car but it was about 1/2 shade off of being glo in the dark scorching orange. Took all of about 5 minutes to strip the trucks and couplers off it and hit it with rust and grime. LOL
You're certainly welcome. The trucks are next. They'll be dipped in a latex equivalent of Floquil's Rail Tie Brown enamel. It gives the trucks that look of grime covered light rust.
 
Bachmann DCC Berkshire

New
IMG_3658.png



Weathered with new LED headlight
IMG_3665.png

IMG_3664.png

I was a little up in the air on this buy as most of the low end bachmann was known to be poor. However its a quiet runner, pulled ok but not real good so I added about 2oz of more weight under the shell and it helped alot. Added a proper headlight as the stock was too dim. It now looks and pulls better but It needs a stronger motor as it likes to slow down a little on grades with a longer train. My Spectrum Mountain did the same untill I added a better motor so I may do the same?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Chris,

I believe they are but I can't remember. They are very nice and good looking. I haven't got them working but I can't wait for when they do. I lucked out because they are exactly like the ones that are at this location that I am modeling.
 
Great work everyone, not been in for ages. Not done any railroading for a year or so, maybe longer, what with emigrating then not emigrating and everything going belly up at work. And of late i have become a firefighter which has taken a lot of blood sweat and tears but i made it through training and am now at my local fire station/department.

BTW i am still Green through and through, green as in Burlington Northern
 
I see that someone is still showing the same awful looking scenes even on this forum. The layout is just awful awful. I will NOT lie and say great pictures either. I am NOT the best but I do not show off garbage work either. J why do you still do it EVERY week on this, Atlas, Trains and what ever other forums I do not know of? Its not good work. Do you honestly believe it is?

I am sorry but I just had to say something about it.

Who in the heck are you talking about? Spit it out!!:confused:
 
What makes this such a great place is that you can see something from all levels of skills and talents. We're talking everything from thomas the tank engine circling around some Lego blocks to awsome bits of brass and plastic that you have to look at twice to see if it's real.
An example? The "show off your Shay" thread. I submitted a stock from the box Bachman loco and someone else posted a well detailed and weathered model.
There are guys here who post photos that simply blow me away every week and are what I aspire to, yet my meager pics somehow manage to recieve compliments as well.
If you're looking for perfection, I believe it's across the street.
 
Hey Bam, it's fine if you don't like someone elses pics, but we can do a side by side comparison of his/her stuff to yours. Each person has their own strengths. Some like the result of a project and some don't. The one that matters is the owner of the layout. Not everyone has the same money or other resources available. Sometimes I'll look a a pic posted here and won't like the result, but at the same time find something else in the pic that interests me. If you post who you're talkign about you might be surprised about the person's background both in and out of the hobby.

"J"
 


I see that someone is still showing the same awful looking scenes even on this forum. The layout is just awful awful. I will NOT lie and say great pictures either. I am NOT the best but I do not show off garbage work either. J why do you still do it EVERY week on this, Atlas, Trains and what ever other forums I do not know of? Its not good work. Do you honestly believe it is?

I am sorry but I just had to say something about it.

Dude, Dont judge a book by it's cover! Just let it slide.........Please!
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top