Weekend Photo Fun May 1-3

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


You were in my basement ???? :D
What did you use?

I snuck in while you were not looking. LOL

All I did was copy it into the digital camera editing program on my computer and then used the Edit function to increase the brightness by 30%. That made it look a little washed out so I then increased the contrast by 8% and Voila!

Just a guess because I'm not a techno geek but are you downloading from your camera directly to the forum or photobucket? If so then load to your computer, edit for brightness, etc and then upload from the computer.
 
5D Maxxum is digital, right? If So, adjust the whitebalance to fluro or tungsten (depending on your light source, bump the f stop to 22 and about 8sec exposure, if it's stationary. ISO 100-400 would be fine. If all else fails adjust the brightness settings in PP. The redone photo is better, but too bright.
 


DSCN1136.jpg
 
Sorry for the late post in this thread guys..here's what I've been up to. ordered some "patch" decals and patched my Dash 8..

Orignal numbered 9374
015.jpg


Newly patched "9701"
014.jpg


up close.. added numbers ,"uprr.com" and UP badge
013.jpg


Comments welcome
 
Nice work, everyone.


Alan, Key made some fantasic model and were always good runners. The paint job looks...well, really professional. :) That E unit doesn't look quite right though. Is the coupler box supposed to stick that far out of the pilot?

It's an added on buffer, one of the road specific details Walthers added to this run. Looks weird, but one of many pieces of equipment used on passenger power to dampen shocks to the train. Not nice to spill the coffee!

The GS series steamers had shock dampening equipment on the tenders that you never see on models unless you're buying very recent O scale brass!
 
Alan, I noticed the coupler doors when I looked at the pictures again. I thought that was a step that came out when the coupler doors were open to give the crew a place to step over the coupler. I never heard that it was a buffer.

Jeffrey, glad to see your covered hopper recovered from the measles. :) Looks much better now.

Chad, nice patch job. I never thought I'd live to see the day that locomotives carried a web site URL though.

HB, I rarely take a picture that I don't have to adjust in the computer. I normally have to lighten it up a little and adjust the balance. If you're camera didn't come with photo editing software, there arer several free programs you can use. Photoscape, which is now owned by Google, is a good program and llows you to adjust almost anything in a a digital photo. You can get it http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/index.php.
 
Got my two new (new to me) Atlas locos today.

Atlas EMD SD24
P5050322.jpg


Atlas GE U30C
P5050324.jpg


I'm not a GE fan but I guess it won't hurt to have one around. Both units need a little work and run very well though the GE growls a bit in the curves.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice locomotives you got there, Jeffrey. I swear, if you do a patch job on that U30C, I'm coming down there to hurt you. :D
 


Arrgghh, Jeffrey, you need some UP power on your layout. But, I guess it's your railroad so have a ball. :)
 
Very nice pictures everyone.
I haven't had much to show for a while but worked on adding sound to my locos and getting some track laid. I still have lots of work to do.
3509140916_01f0666569.jpg

3508332317_4d556d1852.jpg

3509132956_723d5203de.jpg

3508328081_3c7893dc1f.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice pictures everyone.
I haven't had much to show for a while but worked on adding sound to my locos and getting some track laid. I still have lots of work to do.
3509140916_01f0666569.jpg

3508332317_4d556d1852.jpg

3509132956_723d5203de.jpg

3508328081_3c7893dc1f.jpg

Very nice work! I love that switcher! Tell me about it! Who makes it? etc..
 
Mike, those are some good looking models. The weathering on the covered hoppers looks really nice.

Jeffrey, I said some, as in more than one. :) I'm already in mourning for that SD-24.
 


Jeffrey, I said some, as in more than one. :) I'm already in mourning for that SD-24.
Here are two more that you missed.

A GP40 in the engine house:
DSCN1182.jpg


And a GP38-2 on the display rack:
DSCN1183.jpg


That brings the count to three. I'd say that qualifies as more than one.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top