Weekend Photo Fun May 1-3

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


L&A 221 backing out of the Sundown spur.
P5010299.jpg
 
Todays update, the name comes from the CRM forums On30 modular exhibition layout which they will run on.

internacional2.jpg


internacional3.jpg


internacional4.jpg


internacional5.jpg


internacional7.jpg


and how they couple together

internacional.jpg


John
 


Here's a couple of snaps from my stink-fest of a layout.

The road crews have been out paving the streets of the town. Although they stopped for lunch by the Elias and Co. Department Store and haven't resumed yet.
3494126403_37edef58cd.jpg


A view down Main Street from the roof of the Buxby Bros. tailors shop.
3494126351_ed881b0db9.jpg


And they've put the bunting out for summer at the local Dinoco service station.
3494126439_e4dabce157.jpg
 
John, nice looking models as usual. I like the new radiators on the motor cars.

HB, looks like your town is starting to develop nicely. I like the British phone box by the building on the left.

Jeffrey, you should use your printer and change the hot dog stand to something like "Jeff's Burgers and Ribs". :)

James, nice haul from the train show. I always keep hoping we'll eventually have a train show down out way. :(
 
Just curious.
What do members here use for lighting? I'm practicing with a new camera under Compact Florescent lights and the pics look quite different.
Thanks
 
I received a call from the LHS yesterday afternoon that the loco that I had ordered a couple of months back had arrived. Athearn RTR EMD SW1500 that is undecorated. I guess that I have been inspired by a few of the members here that are obsessed with switchers, I just had to have one of my own. The plan is to paint/have this painted up as my own line. I haven't got the final colors and scheme finalized yet but, I am pretty close. While I was at the checkout I saw a WSOR Model Railroader 75th Anniversary boxcar and I could not resist grabbing that as well. :D
Love that Boxcar, need to get one myself to add it to my fleet of WSOR cars.

Great work again everyone. Here's another one for the deadline. Poor SSW, gets no respect!!
Dang that's SWEET!
 


May 2nd, 2009

Today was a busy day, but it's never too busy to get some rail shots!


DSCF1142.jpg


DSCF1143.jpg


DSCF1144.jpg


What's that up there?
DSCF1151.jpg


There it is again!
DSCF1157.jpg


The 4-8-8-4 Union Pacific Big Boy!
DSCF1122.jpg


This bad momma weighs about 75lbs...without the tender!
DSCF1132.jpg


DSCF1133.jpg


Old School.
DSCF1154.jpg


The workshop.
DSCF1160.jpg


Watch your head!
DSCF1163.jpg


DSCF1130.jpg


The trees haven't quite come in, so I get some interesting aerials.
DSCF1135.jpg


See you later!
DSCF1148.jpg
 
Wow, Adam, just outstanding pictures and models. That Big Boy on the bridge is really something. Who's the poor guy that gets to clean all the tracks? :)

Jerome, I don't even have one SW1500 and you have enough to cut up. I'm depressed. :D How many of those things do you have total?
 
hey jerome... are you gonna add any innards to that? looks great!!!

V&AL, not this one. I have 1 Walthers motor that i'll use on one eventually.

Jerome, I don't even have one SW1500 and you have enough to cut up. I'm depressed. :D How many of those things do you have total?

Jim, I've got about a dozen extra shells that I don't have frames for. So I'm trying to use them up. I probably have 70 SW1500's and 30 SW1000's give or take a few.
 
Karl, what company made that kit? I can't remember the name but I swear I built that same model when I was about 22, which is over 40 years ago. As I remember, it was a real bear too. You did an great job.

Thanks Jim. You built it when??? They had plastic back then??:eek::p:rolleyes: (Sorry Jim, I had to, Chris made me!!)

Seriously, the kit is made by a company called Polar Lights. Out of production I believe but still pops up on E-slay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Bates-Mansion-f...ms=66:2|65:1|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

Actually, the assembly was easy. It is one of the better plastic kits I have ever assembled. The walls were dead straight, and after de-sprueing fit perfectly.
I'm almost tempted to find another one, and doing the full weathered effect on it.
 
I get to clean all the tracks :( Fortunately the pickup shoes on the engines do most of the work. We have some scotchbrite pads for tough cleaning, and the really tough stuff gets the track cleaning engine with the diamond wheels. We actually don't have to clean the track too often because the trains run so much, it doesn't get too dirty.
 
Just curious.
What do members here use for lighting? I'm practicing with a new camera under Compact Florescent lights and the pics look quite different.
Thanks

Could be a dumb question. Do you have the camera lighting function set correctly?
 
Just curious.
What do members here use for lighting? I'm practicing with a new camera under Compact Florescent lights and the pics look quite different.
Thanks

I use natural light when I can:
http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=126437&postcount=6
but often use flourescents. Assuming you are using digital, it is a matter of setting the white balance. Different light sources have different colors and digital cameras can compensate for that. I just leave mine on automatic and it does a pretty good job. If you mix light types it is very hard to get the photo to look right. The highlights will be one color and the shadows another. There is lots more to it but that is a start. Maybe if you showed an example of what you are getting someone could offer more suggestions.
 
Last edited by a moderator:






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top