Smudge617
Well-Known Member
Very nice job, you'll also have to show us through your process next time so us lesser mortals can learn.I just had to do one of these, needed another option than regular freight rolling stock.View attachment 181418
Very nice job, you'll also have to show us through your process next time so us lesser mortals can learn.I just had to do one of these, needed another option than regular freight rolling stock.View attachment 181418
I second that....and I'm the least of the lesser mortalsVery nice job, you'll also have to show us through your process next time so us lesser mortals can learn.![]()
If you go back to the start TomO's weathering thread he's kindly explained his process and how he gets various weathering effects, I copied and printed them all out and they sit next to my paint box so I have a readily available "bible" to work from.I second that....and I'm the least of the lesser mortals![]()
I think I might have mentioned something when I first started posting here recently. The easiest and really good looking weathering job is with a wash of either of two oil artists tube type paints , just a small amount pressed in a small bottle like the kind you would buy your normal modeling paint in or if you don't have an empty bottle the the size of a whiskey glass would do. Fill the rest of the way with Mineral Spirits and you have your wash. Brush it on and immediately brush it back off. You won't remove all the wash because the oil will set in no matter what. From there you can determine if you need to do it again or not. The wash will also settle in crevices and give a nice detailed look. Anyway that's the easiest way, from there it's all about using an airbrush.Very nice job, you'll also have to show us through your process next time so us lesser mortals can learn.![]()
Yes thanks for talking about the oil wash method. Lots of different ways that we all weather.I think I might have mentioned something when I first started posting here recently. The easiest and really good looking weathering job is with a wash of either of two oil artists tube type paints , just a small amount pressed in a small bottle like the kind you would buy your normal modeling paint in or if you don't have an empty bottle the the size of a whiskey glass would do. Fill the rest of the way with Mineral Spirits and you have your wash. Brush it on and immediately brush it back off. You won't remove all the wash because the oil will set in no matter what. From there you can determine if you need to do it again or not. The wash will also settle in crevices and give a nice detailed look. Anyway that's the easiest way, from there it's all about using an airbrush.![]()
Have we EVER worried about YOU steering off course?Rolling stock, not so much any more…
View attachment 181517
reference
View attachment 181523
bought model obviously used the reference photo too
i found it by accident
View attachment 181521
some colour and I want a view through the windows so drew sone ‘distant’ bushes
View attachment 181520
I used warhammer paints at the dirty colours work
glue added
View attachment 181519
texture added
View attachment 181518
not quite on topic, but in the ballpark if you squint hard
in a vw graveyard
added to a safari area the train passesView attachment 181530
…strolls off check over shoulder in case Tom‘s hand appears and slaps me….nope all clear whistles off key…..
Mike, I'd use two hands, one will probably invoke "Murphy's Law"Thank-you for taking the time to document this. This is a huge help!
Now down to the basement to try my hand at it!
Only one hand needed. The other hand has the crossed for good luck fingers!!!Mike, I'd use two hands, one will probably invoke "Murphy's Law"![]()
I will now. I never even noticed that, thanksThey are looking great Tom. Are you going to do the blue bearings on the axle that was replaced.
It is not that difficult and can be funOutstanding work I have to learn how to do this.
