Running Bear's September 2026 Coffee Shop

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
David,

David. I believe based on the too many dollars I have spent over the years on Kevin’s products that you will like them. The detail is exquisite.

I changed my mind and decided to use the building as a transfer warehouse and put a small fuel oil facility next to it. I'm going to add one of the truck loading sheds from the other fuel kit to complete it. 2 separate industries was my original goal.

And yes, I too have bought several of Kevin's items over the years. Worth every penny spent.

 
Something new to me?

1790597830083.png

Never had the "Verify you are human" check box before!
 


Good morning folks. 54°F out there and sunny skies this morning. High of 74°F expected and a few day of low 80°s coming up before going down into the low 70°F for the seven days after that. Autumn is finally here to stay.

More rest and relaxation today. I hope all these tubes are coming out of me on Wednesday, but probably not since they won't have the scan looked at until later on Wednesday and appointments have to be made.

Yesterday I wasn't feeling too well. Felt like I had picked up a cold without the runny nose and sneezing. Just fever and chills. NyQuil seems to have knocked it out of me and feeling a lot better today. Not 100% but at least 90%.

Have a great Monday!

Servus!
 
Last edited:
Upon further review, I was advised that my locomotives were not damaged, but the Walthers boxes containing my heavyweight B&O cars all fell apart and the decals / instruction sheets were destroyed. So not a total loss. I'm most upset that the containers failed to keep the water out. They were closed tightly and banded with wire ties. Would have failed in any water scenario.

Total rainfall from the "Nor' Easter" totaled 6.65" over 58 consecutive hours.
 
Good Morning All. Mostly cloudy and 76°. Green and yellow blobs are on the radar screen nearby, but the forecast hasn't indicated rain today. Someone must have hacked their equipment. We'll have to see.

Did a few minor household chores after church yesterday, in anticipation of my wife coming home today after taking care of granddaughter all weekend. Hope that it works out, she's dropping GD off at school, and my daughter/SIL are supposed to be flying in in time to pick her up. I have laundry to do this morning, and grilled pork chops for supper.

Nothing much out in the train shed yesterday, just ran trains.

Joe - Wow! I hope that there isn't much damage inside the train totes.
Karl - Glad that you enjoyed it. I took over the kitchen in 2016, after I retired in 2015. I always enjoyed cooking and actually prepared meals 2-3 days a week since 1978. I always considered meals to be a work of art to be enjoyed briefly; my wife always considers them as chores. I like to experiment and try new stuff, although I have made this Italian Pasta Salad for 5-6 years now. I use Penne like Sharon did about a third of the time.
Kusojiji -
Man, that looks so good! But, I can't make it as the rest of the family won't eat it. They hate all that vegetable stuff, which makes it very challenging for me.
Just make some for yourself!
Shortwrench - Sack looks good.

The late singer ("There Goes My Baby", "This Magic Moment", and "Save the Last Dance for Me") with The Drifters, and solo songwriter, ("Stand by Me", "Spanish Harlem"), Ben E. King, was born on this day in 1938. A very obscure harmonica player, Norton Buffalo was born on this day in 1951. He passed away in 2009. He played with Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen, Steve Miller (32 years) and Bonnie Raitt.

Everyone have a great Monday.
 
Last edited:


Something new to me?

View attachment 274472
Never had the "Verify you are human" check box before!
I have been seeing both the security, and the very your a human one for a while now.

Even if I have been on for a while if I refresh it will make me check the box. Not a big deal to me since it has made the site run fairly
good for the last few weeks with only minor glitches.
 
With one of the best defenses in MLB and the best offense - despite all the injuries to the pitching staff, the Cubs have a real chance.

I thought losing Bregman might derail their chances.
Fresh off facial fractures, Bregman mashes 2 homers in 2nd game back!
He’s back. He’s healthy enough to play. And he’s already hitting bombs.
 
I'm most upset that the containers failed to keep the water out. They were closed tightly and banded with wire ties. Would have failed in any water scenario.
Yeah. Unless they have a gasket inside the lid they won’t be water proof. They’re “water resistant”. Light rain, sprinklers, etc.

Not immersion or wind driven rain proof.

I have a bunch of the Costco ones and one got left outside with some cheap clamps when we were building. It filled up with water over time.
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top