Well howdy there internet shop dwellers and those dodging hurricanes...
It's Troy again.
Did some work on dismantling the layout yesterday. I wasn't sure if I was going to trash the center section and move the left peninsula toward the right end, or if I was keeping the middle and losing the left end. But, I knew I wanted the backdrop divider gone.
Pre-destruction:
So the bullnose is off, and I've removed the center divider except for one support:
and
As I dismantled and started looking at where the benchwork sections joined, I realized the easiest option was to leave the center section. I thought it was bolted onto a 2 ft wide section that ran left to right against the wall. NOPE. It's a complete section back to the wall. Hmmmmm....
Perhaps it's better to leave that, use the folded dogbone layout from the center and around to camera right. That gives me a 23 inch radius on the curve to the right end, and 24 inch on the now bare section. Having the peninsula in the middle of the room gives me access to both sides.
I can live with that. I'll just build some geographic features for scenery blocks to divide the peninsula's sight lines.
So, today will be unbolting that last support, then deconstructing the sections to the left. Eventually I'll cut more cross bracing for the peninsula. It was lacking in the last iteration and I really had to scab some foamboard in underneath to make it work.