Running Bear's October 2025 Coffee Shop

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard of Abe's. Where were they located?
On the network. Let me see if I can research it.

So Wikipedia claims they were founded in 1995, a year after Amazon. So I may be thinking of a different place as the place I am talking about out was pre-WWW and I bought from them while working at WordPerfect. I worked there from around April 1993 to August 1994. The web at the time was mostly academic though a few entrepreneurs were starting to do stuff on it. We took a group field trip from work up to BYU and an advanced lab to get a glimpse of this thing called the World Wide Web and Netscape in mid 93. (By 1995 I was putting up my online mall, The Electronic Gunshop so it moved fast though a lot of vendors I approached at the time wanted nothing to do with the web as that was where all the conspiracy people were. lol. ).
 


Anyone care to comment?:
IMG_20251007_153559968_HDR.jpg

I'm on a two lane road, this vehicle is on top of 3 foot concrete wall.
 


Didn't Apple start in one of the founders garages as well?
Apple Computer, Inc. was founded on April 1, 1976, by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Ronald Wayne as a partnership in Los Altos, California, with the goal of marketing Wozniak's Apple I desktop computer. The company was officially incorporated on January 3, 1977, in Cupertino, California.
Ronald Wayne left the company just days after its founding, selling his 10% stake back to Jobs and Wozniak for $800.
Jobs and Wozniak began building the Apple I in Jobs' garage, selling it as a bare motherboard with a CPU, RAM, and basic video capabilities, requiring users to add their own keyboard and monitor. The operation of building the computer moved from Jobs bedroom to the garage after running out of room.

I'll bet Ronald Wayne is still kicking himself in the A$$.............
 
Well, howdy there internet peeps and those with hanky panky on the mind

It's Troy again.

Just got back from the Gooey Pizza Place. Here's the warm up:

Oleys 1.jpg


And the main course:
Oleys 2.jpg


Yes, there are leftovers for tomorrow night.

Been fighting a problem with the Bambu labs 3d Printer I've got. (P1P model). It's been giving me a "won't feed filament" error at the beginning of every print job. I fussed with it, pulling the filament out of the feed tubes, trimming it, then putting it back in for about 6 print jobs. I figured the filament was too dry and cracking and breaking in the tube. So I tossed the last meter or so of the roll.

Put a new roll in, and ....
Same problem!

Tracked down WHERE it was hanging up. The part circled in red. That's a spicing tube for the two PTFE tubes the filament runs through. I trimmed the end of the out feed tube from the splicer... and same problem.

Printer.jpg



It works if I baby sit the beginning of the print job and wiggle the outfeed tube as it tries to load.

A friend gave me one more suggestion. Try inserting a pencil or pen into the end of the tube to flare it out. Then reinsert it

I've order two new splicers. Just in case. They're $8 a piece (with the bracket) after shipping. That way I've got a spare. I think I've got enough PTFE tubing around that I can replace that piece when I swap out the splicer.
 
Anyone care to comment?:View attachment 242705
I'm on a two lane road, this vehicle is on top of 3 foot concrete wall.
Assuming that's a golf course in the background...

If the truck started on that side of the fence, then I'd say refilling the beer cart, while on the cell, and forgot to put the truck into park and set the parking brake.

If the truck started on your side of the fence, then I'd say drinking the beer from the beer cart, while on the cell, cooked the turn, smashed into the fence at a low spot on the wall, almost did a pirhouette on its nose and ended up 180 degrees in the opposite direction.
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top