Running Bear's Coffee Shop LX

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE .. Driving around looking at all the fine;y decorated houses last evening and what do we spot?

sleigh.jpg

Must be from March AFB a little north of us here.
 
Good morning, Merry Christmas once again!

Bruce - for curved turnouts, I've always used Walthers-Shinohara. They seem to offer the broadest-radius ones available, and the have both power-routing and DCC-friendly versions. MBK (modeltrainstuff.com) sells them at very reasonable prices. I think PECO also makes curved t/o's but I never looked at them since I already had the Walthers-Shino ones on hand...

Willie - it's great having grandsons who are that well-attuned to your mrr inventory that they figure out exactly what you need! I tell my family members [no grandsons yet] not to attempt to get me any model trains because my wants are so ultra-specific.

Karl - no worries, there's a reason I always ask you guys to bring your own throttles LOL

Gotta run, being summoned downstairs...
 
Good afternoon. It's partly sunny and 57.
We are staying with relatives out of town, and as always, things quickly became interesting. My wife and I are in a spare bedroom, and my wife managed to throw open the door where I was standing on one foot, putting on my shoes. She konked me on the head, knocking me into the closet behind the door, onto my tukas. That wasn't enough, my forcefully entering the closet backwards pulled down the rack of Summer clothes that were stored there. So I get knocked down and dumped on. I also now have a headache, and sore posterior, for some reason.
 


My Christmas present from my wife! KCS Athearn Genesis and 2 KCS southern bells.

Eric-this guy also sent an intermountain kit and asked me to send it to you. I allologize for being late on shipping this care package out to you. I will include this in there as well. I will have it shipped to you on Tuesday.
 

Attachments

  • 20161225_103617.jpg
    20161225_103617.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 282
  • 20161225_103628.jpg
    20161225_103628.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 277
  • 20161225_103645.jpg
    20161225_103645.jpg
    412.4 KB · Views: 273
Last edited by a moderator:
Merry Christmas fellers! I finally decided to take the plunge and get the B&O Athearn GP9. Even though it bears a GP7 number and has the dynamic brake blister I like their look and I can always redo the number and add the capital dome to the ends. I will most likely leave the dynamic brake blister in place. I figure it's my layout my rules and I've been wanting a high nose geep. I'm still wanting one of the gold GP9s as well. Make a lash up with the two. At any rate I got mine for all of $25. So my investment isn't that intense on it. Now come taxes that may be a different story. I'm still eyeing a Stewart F7 to add to my fleet. Anyways I hope everyone is having a great Christmas and I'll catch up to y'all later.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk
 
Good afternoon and Merry Christmas. 24 degrees with light snow still falling. A white Christmas. Just got back from a Christmas breakfast at out daughters house. The grandkids were all going through their Christmas goodies. The roads weren't too bad. The snow that's coming down is powder. Not much of a problem. Guess I'm going to have to plow, but not today. I had a hum dinger of a head cold set in yesterday so I think I will just sit around and do nothing for the rest of the day.

IMAG0981.jpg IMAG0982.jpg

Looks like Bruce, Ron and Ken scored pretty good. I really don't need much in the way of trains, but my wife really surprised me with a new Dremel tool. My old one was probably over 20 years old and pretty well shot. Even with new brushes you still had to give it a pretty good "tunk" to get it going. This will be a big help.

Terry - Hope you're feeling better. Nothing like being at the bottom of a closet avalanche.

Later.
 
Good afternoon. It's partly sunny and 57.
We are staying with relatives out of town, and as always, things quickly became interesting. My wife and I are in a spare bedroom, and my wife managed to throw open the door where I was standing on one foot, putting on my shoes. She konked me on the head, knocking me into the closet behind the door, onto my tukas. That wasn't enough, my forcefully entering the closet backwards pulled down the rack of Summer clothes that were stored there. So I get knocked down and dumped on. I also now have a headache, and sore posterior, for some reason.

So....now you get to play slapstick as well.
 
Good afternoon. It's partly sunny and 57.
We are staying with relatives out of town, and as always, things quickly became interesting. My wife and I are in a spare bedroom, and my wife managed to throw open the door where I was standing on one foot, putting on my shoes. She konked me on the head, knocking me into the closet behind the door, onto my tukas. That wasn't enough, my forcefully entering the closet backwards pulled down the rack of Summer clothes that were stored there. So I get knocked down and dumped on. I also now have a headache, and sore posterior, for some reason.

Terry,
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, and I hope the damage passes quickly, and yes, I'm probally going to burn for this, but I did get a chuckle visualizing this happening! :rolleyes: Sorry!
 


Where's a camera when you need one, could've gone viral by now. Might've got you some compensation by now.
 
That wasn't enough, my forcefully entering the closet backwards pulled down the rack of Summer clothes that were stored there. So I get knocked down and dumped on. I also now have a headache, and sore posterior, for some reason.
Umm, where did the clothes rod go?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
 
Good evening Gandy Dancers, I hope Santa realized what a great job you've been doing all year and rewarded youjustly!

Hi Flo & Francine, 'Just let the new folk know I always pictured Flo to be the tall Blonde', I'd like a bowl of Chili with a fair amount Kolby & Jack cheese melted in and Coffee of course and how about some Pumpkin Spice creme.


The weather here this morning was pretty darn chilly at 28°F but there didn't seem to be a lot of moisture but still very cold!
Let me check Wunderground Weather and see what they say? I should mention I typing this at 7:35 Pm 12-25-2016;
Clear, 31.1 °F, Feels Like 27 °F;
Winds are from the East at 4.0;

Today
High -- | Low -- °F
--% Chance of Precip.
Yesterday
High -- | Low -- °F
Precip. -- in
Pressure 30.12 in
Visibility 10.0 miles
Clouds Clear
Windchill 27 °F
Dew Point 29 °F
Humidity 95%
Rainfall 0.00 in


This year all I got was a small bag of coal dust, I guess that so I could say he didn't leave me anything!?



MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE .. Driving around looking at all the fine;y decorated houses last evening and what do we spot?

View attachment 59832

Must be from March AFB a little north of us here.


Say Sherrel: Now that was a chance siting alright !!

I hope your doing a bit better? Any word on Phil from Curt?



Say 2869ral: Looks like you made out very nicely ! Congrats


I hope everyone had a very Merry & Good Christmas!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My Christmas present from my wife! KCS Athearn Genesis and 2 KCS southern bells.

Eric-this guy also sent an intermountain kit and asked me to send it to you. I allologize for being late on shipping this care package out to you. I will include this in there as well. I will have it shipped to you on Tuesday.

Dang Ron!!! You just now made my Christmas!!!
Except for that 1 Budweiser I saved in the frig, I didn't get a thing.
You could have sent me an empty box out of those pics and I would have been tickled pink!
Don't know if you have looked at the engine pics in my website but I have your loco's brother #4670 and in the exact same paint scheme and model.
Until I got that engine from Terry, I didn't IM made engines at all.
Mine IM engine is at a tie for my favorite in my fleet. It ties with my, still practically brand new BNSF SD770ACe in the orange and black paint job.
In fact I haven't had it long enough to have it be broke in good yet. Even after a good break-in time I'll bet my IM KCS remains my favorite. I like everything about it. They'll surely be neck and neck no matter.

Thank you for the present(s) from the bottom of my heart!!
E.
 
41 and very nice!

Too bad about George, I was hoping he would get is issues in line, he had an awesome voice!
 
Good Morning All. 61° and overcast, some light rain overnight that is still moving through. It was a pleasure sleeping with the windows open the last two nights. Not so tonight as the wind will shift from out of the NW and cool things down to 40° tonight. The wet ground will make today a perfect day to spend in the train shed after a two day absence. Family stuff again tomorrow then back to a normal life.
Made out OK with Christmas. Grandsons gave me a Woodlands Scenics set with 20 tombstones, and a couple of Preiser sets, one a graveside services set and the other with a variety of cats and dogs. I have two graveyards on the layout and they had noticed an absence of gravestones. I actually have more that I haven't put on the layout, but haven't finished the scenes out yet...this will enhance things greatly. A brother gave me several other Woodlands Scenics sets. That along with a couple of gift certificates and a crisp $100 bill from the wife will make that trip to the LHS very lucrative for them (LHS), as I won't stop at that. I'll be looking at some more laser-cut wood structures as well as the turnouts that I am already planning to purchase.

Sherrel - Nice photo of the airborne refueling. That ought to get them over to Hawaii.
Ken in Md - I had to be very specific this year regarding no more buildings that I won't have room for, but as you pointed out I have grandsons that are very well-attuned to my needs. They are 7 & 9 YO. Lucky to have them...as well as my 2 YO granddaughter.
Terry - Glad that you are OK, it did make me chuckle some. There wasn't any alcohol involved was there? LOL
Ron - Nice haul.
Justin - I believe that on most Athearn engines, the brake blister is removable and that they have a non-brake one that fits in as well, if it really matters. I know that this is true on all of my Athearn engines. I do have one of those GP7/GP9's somewhere and I will check...mine has the dynamic brakes as do most of the ATSF proto's.
Chet - Sounds like it's time for a toddy. Grandma used to give them to me back in the 50's as my parents looked the other way. A new Dremel sounds great. Fortunately mine is still functioning well.
Eric - Thanks for checking in. Continued best wishes for your treatments and recovery.

Everybody have an awesome day.

Willie
 
Oh! By the way, Happy Boxing Day to all of our members from Commonwealth countries. It happens to be a state holiday here in Texas also for some unknown reason!!!

Willie
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top