Yes it is. Hey Mikey, I know you're a vehicle guy, and I know I gave you a heads up on these, but I wanted you to see one. Sierra West has expanded its vehicle offerings. the stuff is 3D printed, very highly detailed, and looks awesome. My daughter bought this for me for Christmas and I wanted to show you what you get:Even with gremlins, this is still the best railroad forum around.
I was the only one left when we organized the Lake DuBay Lions Club in Knowlton, Wi in around 1980. Treasurer for 4 years and a thankless job but one critical to a club. Congratulations Alan!Good Morning sports fans! And everyone else. 62 in the Brew City this morning, going to 78 today, maybe some rain later in the afternoon. We'll see. The grilling session was a success. The daughter took food home, and the wife and I have leftovers for a couple of meals. I find cooking ahead fits the retirement gig very well. Going downtown to see the club's Treasurer today. His health is failing and he had to resign. Since there was not a stampede of volunteers to assume those duties, yours truly volunteered. I know, right? I told people after the Navy I had filled my quota of volunteering for anything, but the job needs done and I have control issues, so here we are.Now for the good news: my GGD passenger cars arrived. Photos and commentary over on my passenger car thread soon. Picked up a new wristwatch Saturday. A nice little Seiko chronograph. Watches are another of my hobbies. Think trains are expensive? You aint seen nothin yet!
Worse than guns, which I also have a thing for. Hobbies keep you engaged and your mind sharp. So I tell myself and the wife anyway.
Enjoy your day!
Yeah, you broke the cardinal rule: Never Again Volunteer Yourself! hahaafter the Navy
Well, hope it is just a sprain and not a tear. Good advice to warm up for the rest of us.I did some damage
The swear jar will be overflowing by the time this one is finished!Yes it is. Hey Mikey, I know you're a vehicle guy, and I know I gave you a heads up on these, but I wanted you to see one. Sierra West has expanded its vehicle offerings. the stuff is 3D printed, very highly detailed, and looks awesome. My daughter bought this for me for Christmas and I wanted to show you what you get:
View attachment 272211
Here's the kit:
View attachment 272212
You go to his site to download the instructions. It's a smart way to do things. The bad news: They're as we say in Wisconsin "kinda spendy"! The good stuff always is, I guess. With Classic Metal Works stuff at $15-20, and Oxford getting up there I'm not surprised, but look at the detail. Holy smoke. Anyhoo...for your preusal! The Captain would have liked these. I miss him!
I almost put that in the post!Yeah, you broke the cardinal rule: Never Again Volunteer Yourself! haha
Thanks Tom! That's funny! Mosinee Police Chief, eh? My son lives in Mosinee. I'll be visiting him and the grandkids this weekend.I was the only one left when we organized the Lake DuBay Lions Club in Knowlton, Wi in around 1980. Treasurer for 4 years and a thankless job but one critical to a club. Congratulations Alan!
We had 3 bank officers in the group and they were the auditors and I looking back am so happy they did. We had a member that could not understand how Terry and me could afford our house on the lake and told the IRS I had to be stealing in year 3 as treasurer. Every penny was there and one night after bowling a mysterious bowling ball crushed his windsheild and I never got caught. About 15 years later I asked my good friend the now Mosinee Police Chief about statute of limitations and he asked why what had I done. I told him and he laughed. The police had determined though she denied it that his wife did it as he was cheating on her with her best friend! No charges ever pressed
I may try that. I alternate the biscuits, sometime sausage, egg and cheese, and sometimes sausage only. I alternate with breakfast burritos. I've been buying those, but the little buggers are expensive! Do you use links and chop them up, or just fry up sausage meat?I do the same with ore-ida hash brown cubes, breakfast sausage and eggs. Brown up the potatos, throw in the sausage, throw in the eggs and mix them all up. Roll up with cheese in flour tortillas when cool, wrap in saran wrap to get the air out and throw into a freezer bag. Sometimes I forget about them and eat them a month or so later.
I should have said the then Mosinee Police Chief. He retired when I did in 2014. Mike was a good guy.Thanks Tom! That's funny! Mosinee Police Chief, eh? My son lives in Mosinee. I'll be visiting him and the grandkids this weekend.
Yeah, this treasurer thing is going to be interesting. There's always that one guy, right? Street justice was served! I have an assistant, also newly appointed. I insisted on that as part of the deal, so there will be two sets of eyes. The last guy was a CPA, and an Anglican Priest, so I have a rather large pair of shoes to fill!Yeah I got the usual jokes "If you turn up in a new car, yada yada..." Funny but not, and like you, I'm a retired professional who was reasonably successful. I have something Donald Trump and Elon Musk will never have: Enough.
I told them not to worry, I'm good. I know they were joking, but money does things to people. Power over money does even worse things. Makes you think.
Listening to you guys talk about things hurting struck a chord. I have a knee that doesn't like it when I carry heavy things up stairs. It tells me so. There's a hip that's beginning to sound off as well. If I woke up and nothing hurt I'd think I was dead. Old age: That period in your life where you can hurt yourself sleeping. it ain't fer sissies! A couple of weeks ago I was carrying an office chair into the house. it was boxed, and I had the box up on my shoulder. I learned this as a busboy in my youth carrying trays with twelve dinners out to the dining room: Balance a heavy load on your shoulder and to carry. Well, it worked until the front door. The top of the box hit the door frame and I went ass over teakettle onto the floor. The wife was holding the front door open, and I hit it going down and smashed her hand between the doorknob and the wall. I'm sitting there taking inventory and she's yelling "Ow ow ow!" and her hand is pinned. I moved and we were both OK other than her bruised hand and a brush burn on the knee for me. If you were watching I'm sure it would have been funny as hell. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to have Ibuprofen. Too hard on the remaining kidney. Gotta remember I'm not 50 anymore.![]()
My son doesn't like the area or the politics either, but he likes his job. He works for Wisconsin Lift, inside sales. I've been to visit a couple of times. it's pretty, but there's not much to do if you aren't an outdoorsman, and he and I are city boys.I should have said the then Mosinee Police Chief. He retired when I did in 2014. Mike was a good guy.
Small world that your son lives there. Mom and dad are buried by the river by the high school and we have to get up there this Summer. Only been back a few times or when the grandson plays hockey (every other year) at the Mosinee Rec Center. We do not miss the area or politics. Most of my good friends are passed or left the area. My best friend is the current interim Mayor of Mosinee, replacing another friend who passed this year
