Running Bear's August 2026 Coffee Shop

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
1786988091247.png
 

Attachments

  • 1786988011926.png
    1786988011926.png
    645.8 KB · Views: 14
Afternoon All! 78 in the brew City, going to 80, and halfway through lunchtime! Sushi today. Grilling tonight, at the wife and daughter's request. Made a week's worth of sausage egg and cheese biscuits this morning (breakfast this week), then got the lawn mowed. I'm not sure if I'll get any bench time in today. Lots of stuff to do! I'm waiting like a kid at Christmas for UPS. The GGD Southern Pacific passenger cars are coming today and I can't wait to see them. I've been waiting for these for like two years. Christmas in August! I'll put pictures up when I get my mitts on them.
 


Well, howdy there internet peeps and those tall enough to reach the top shelves.

It's Troy again.

Light night I went to sit on the heating pad, on the couch. And spilled my entire 24 oz thermal stainless steel (and lidded) cup of flavored water. Had to get the carpet cleaner out, and leave the fan blow on that spot all night. fortunately, it was in the basement, so the wife didn't grump at me.

But I had to fill up the swear jar.

Wife's appointment with the RA doc is at 3:30 today. Depending on how long that goes, it may turn into a dinner date. We'll see. May hit the happy hour at the pizza place. No booze. Just cheaper pizza.

Wife is a penny pincher, so if there's a special, she'll eat out. Activity that is costly no thanks- however, a normally costly activity where she save a few bucks, sure!

I don't understand her, but I go with it.

Had a decent night with the sciatic pain, but I'm paying for it now. Standing and walking hurt. Sitting hurts less, so I did my morning stretches, took my Ibu, now I'm sitting, and readjusting position ever few minutes. this counts as two steps forward, one step back progress.

guess I'll be gluing little toy soldiers together.

Might try some writing. We'll see. The pain interferes with the writing mood. I might only kill off the cast of characters by chapter three instead of chapter one. ;)

Time to go start laundry, and dump the ice maker nuggets into the freezer bin.
That happened to me with a big Yeti cup full of Arnold Palmer tea. We had to have the living room painted as the walls were badly scorched from the language I used when the cup hit the floor. Lucky for me, our house now has plank flooring, but I still used a boarload of towels, paper and cloth, cleaning up the mess, plus wiping down the coffee table to get the sticky off. Also had to assure a couple of neighbors nobody was getting killed! 🤬 🤣 🤣
 
Friday and Saturday were the last days for 4 more employees. They left after additional pay cuts and duty expansion that left them working more hours for less money, with more headaches and responsibilities. The employees are likely not going to be replaced, since the company can't get new hires on account of our horrible reputation. Their duties and responsibilities will be shared among the remaining employees, which means they will be doing even more work for their reduced pay. This industry is trying to catch up to the auto repair and sales industry, including all the screwing over of the employees for increased profits, while acting surprised they can't get any help. At this rate, I may be trying to find a job to finish out my last 8 months before retirement...
Man, I hate that for you! I worked for a company like that before my last position. Get rid of people and split their duties among who's left. Raises, forget it! I was 62 when it finally caught up to me, and I lucked out with my last position. Great company, treated me well. The did get rid of one of my cohorts, and when they gave me part of his duties, I requested part of his salary, and they actually coughed up. Good companies are out there, so if you're unhappy, I'd get out and do something, anything for eight months. Life's too short man! That's my advice which is worth every penny you paid for it. 😉
 
Good morning gang!

Still fighting a good fight on this end. Wife made meatloaf and mashed potatoes. One of my favorite dinners last night. It went down great but about three hours later it came back up again. Just ate a breakfast of French toast, sticks and sausage. let’s see how that goes. Home health nurse is supposed to come today between 10 and 12 to inspect my leg and also check blood pressure and all that good stuff. We’ll see how that goes.

BBL
Hang in there Karl!
 
Good Morning All!
62F @ 62% pretty clear

Just a quick question for those that know tomatoes.
Some of them are brown on the bottom and starting to turn red; which looks like mold or rot. Any idea of what is causing?

L8r
Blossom end rot. Cause: Mostly inconsistent moisture, either too little or too much, usually too much. Also Calcium deficiency or excessive Nitrogen. High levels of Nitrogen in the soil can cause plant growth to outpace it's ability to supply the Calcium. Pick the affected fruits off as soon as you notice, so the plant redirects it's energy to healthy Tomatoes.
 


Well I accomplished most of what I wanted to this AM in the train room and sorting stuff in the garage as well. How someone who only runs HO on a module at my club accumulated so much HO is bewildering. So I have a large tote filled with excess HO plus a good sized box. Not to mention the N scale stuff I am taking, another large tote and box. I am NOT gonna become a hoarder! Will get rid of more as I figure out what the layout will hold and what is gonna be set aside for modular stuff.
Anyway, got a much needed shower and made some iced coffee. A quick t-storm rolled through, knocked the temps back to the upper 80s but the air is so thick right now it is one step away from needing swim fins.
Had some boxes of goodness arrive, a N scale passenger car for the RailRunner passenger train out in NM, it is a great scheme, and a Devil's Gulch & Helengon reefer and a HO WS Station. This seller did the most incredible packing I have ever seen. Wow. Just Wow. Gonna have to save them as a favorite.
Young guy from Church is over right now replacing a ceiling blower and fan in the Master Bathroom. Super nice young guy, marrying one of the girls from our church next month. They make a really great couple. He's about 6'4" blond and lean, she's Spanish and about 5'0" in a good day. Both super nice folks.
 
week's worth
I do the same with ore-ida hash brown cubes, breakfast sausage and eggs. Brown up the potatos, throw in the sausage, throw in the eggs and mix them all up. Roll up with cheese in flour tortillas when cool, wrap in saran wrap to get the air out and throw into a freezer bag. Sometimes I forget about them and eat them a month or so later.
 
@kgstakes beautiful work! I am in awe.

The temps here are down to 80! Nice, nice, nice. And only in the mid to upper 90s for the next few days. My Missus made it home today from her trip to see our Great-niece at her college. Then had to head out to Church for a Ladies' activity. She just got home and had a good time. I may try to go and do a bit of work in the train room in a bit as it is the coolest it's been in a couple of weeks.
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top