New HO scale layout

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Ok sooooo.....any ideas on how to make a level place for my mine? I'm not overly thrilled about having it on top of my yard but I'll deal with it.

Just thinking out loud.....
Build a mountain for it. You'll have complete control over elevations then.
Doesn't have to be a big one mind you.
E.
 
Well the mountain idea I already have in mind. I really need a base for the mine and my loudout tracks. I'm looking for a cost effective base for it is all.
 
Well it appears my layout build has come to a halt. Going to be moving soon. My ol lady lost her job Monday and I'm going to be going on the road as a truck driver now. It's crazy the curve balls life will throw at you.
 


Well it appears my layout build has come to a halt. Going to be moving soon. My ol lady lost her job Monday and I'm going to be going on the road as a truck driver now. It's crazy the curve balls life will throw at you.

Oh Man! I'm sorry about hear about that.
That really sucks!!!
Eric.
 
I am sorry to hear about your troubles, but hopefully things will turn out for the best. The good news is your railroad will always be running in your mind and when the opportunity presents itself you can make it a reality again.

Stay with us and stop you when you have time, layout or no layout you will always be one of us!
 
Oh I have no plans of going anywhere. It's not the first time I have had to put my layout building on hold. I've been building my stock since 2007. I still have hopper cars I purchased in 2009 that haven't even left the box yet. This break will give me time to plan more and honestly we are looking at leaving the apartment life behind when the chance presents itself. My ideas are too big for a 4x8 anyways. They always have been. So I'll take my mandatory break as a blessing. I'll still be on here learning more and more as I go.
 
I had a similar situation back in the 80's when the electronics company I worked for downsized and closed the facility I was working for. Went trucking for a few years to pay the bills until the local economy got better. Good luck.
 
Good ole truckers report. I've been on it a lot here lately. I've chosen schneider. They offered me the best package deal for my veterans benefits. I'll be at orientation on Tuesday.
 
Good luck on your orientation. I guess in time I would be the person you would love to hate. I work in operations for a trucking company and do some dispatching. We run a fleet of reefers between Washington and Oregon to New England and all points in between.

I get to tell the drivers where to go and make them feel happy that they're on their way.
 


Lol the trucking industry isn't new to me. I've been a grease monkey now for years. Trying the other side for a change. I've heard all the horror stories about dispatchers...even got into it with a few over a truck that was in my shop.
 
I really have no problem with our drivers because a lot of dispatchers don't have a clue what the drivers have to go through. I have over a million miles over the road experience and have been to most of the places where we go. Did the over the road thing for 7 years. I used to be the boss of the guy I am working for now. I was happily retired when he got a hold of me to work for him. After I left the company we were working for, he started his own company and need help badly. I have so many connections with shippers in New England and across the country, he made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Some people will do anything for money.
 
So in all kinds of life's curve balls I have gotten a twist of fate I wasn't expecting. I landed a local job hauling mail and I'll be home everyday. This translates to me continuing my layout build. I need to get my track plan permanently laid so I don't have to tear it down at least when I go to move.
 
So in all kinds of life's curve balls I have gotten a twist of fate I wasn't expecting. I landed a local job hauling mail and I'll be home everyday. This translates to me continuing my layout build. I need to get my track plan permanently laid so I don't have to tear it down at least when I go to move.

That's great news Brother! Stay the course while you can!
E.
 
So I'm thinking of posting some more pics of the layout. I haven't posted any new pics of what I have changed to my track plan...I may or may not keep it. Haven't decided yet but everyone's input would be nice.
 
Here we go guys after some thought and figuring I have come up with what I feel will be a decent set up at least it will keep my switches closer to me.
b3b7af39fc21a4eb90bf4cb75ba71a56.jpg


Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk
 


Looks like you've finally got a track plan settled on.
For the most part yes. I have been doing some thinking about adding to the branch line. Maybe a small industry but I don't know what I could make happen. But this is the sealed deal track plan.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top