ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I went to Micro Center and didn't find the flux pen I was looking for. I will go to Radio Shack or Sears and get a tin of flux paste.
I will have to see whether my resistors will arrive this week though. If they arrive soon, I'll have it all wired up and will run it on Saturday. If not, it will have to wait another week.
Appears to be a RTR shell on a blue box drive. $42.35 was my total with shipping. I might run it around in that paint scheme although it's a bit outdated (I model the present day). Maybe I will strip it and repaint it for a more modern scheme (horsehead).
Yes, it would be a shame. I am still contemplating it.
I'd like to have some current switchers for NS eventually. When the Pan Am Railways SW1s are released from the shop (they bought two but I heard that one will be scrapped for parts) I'm going to get a brass one (they're relatively cheap for brass) and paint it up.
Stephen, it crawls!!!!! I've never seen an engine that can move so slow before. It has limited pulling power (maybe 4 or 5 50' boxcars) but it can move them at a snails pace. A very nice DCC equipped right out of the box engine in my opinion.
I have been tempted to pick one of these up for awhile now but want to get rid of my trackmobile first. When the Greenbrair plant was operation in Nova Scotia they had two 45T's and I want to model one like this little baby