Jerome's Switcher Roster

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh, I think NWCanuck came up with a good idea for a "How to" thread. I hope everyone will join in and contribute to it. We all have our own ways of doing things, but I'm always looking to learn easier, faster, more efficient ways of doing things. I'll get it started with the basic tools I use. Everyone that wants to join in can contribute theirs.
 
That’s great, I really appreciate you guys doing that, I think it will help allot of people out who are just getting their feet wet on these types of projects. If there is one thing in this hobby that there can never be enough of it has to be "How to's"
 


perhaps Jerome and I should document this weekend's weathering sessions so that others may learn...

(i'll bring my camera)...
 
Working out the details on a Beginner's Guide tutorial series with a few other of the members here. Hopefully we'll get it started this weekend.
 
A few progress shots on units in the works this week.

UP unit #1144 95% complete, needs weathering and windows.

100_4449.jpg


MP unit #1503 95% complete, needs flat on the underframe, weathering and windows.

100_4446.jpg


NASA unit #2 80% complete, a few more detail parts have to be scratchbuilt.

100_4447.jpg


TRRA unit #1514 95% complete, weathering and windows.

100_4448.jpg


And finally my personal favorite switcher of this batch. Manufacturers unit #257 95% complete, weathering and windows.

100_4445.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Atlas does put out a sweet MP15 and I believe Kato puts out a NW2! If and when my job situation levels out......I might be call-in!
 


Well guys I am another proud owner of "Switchers by Jerome". My units arrived yesterday afternoon by Priority. Mopac Unit #1156 Union Pacific Scheme "Canary" and Mopac Unit #1503 standard 'blue' Mopac scheme.

View attachment 14810

View attachment 14811


My camera does not do it justice. I will tell you that these are real fine switchers! I know another member Larry can attest to the quality of work Jerome does. My hat is off to you Jerome! Thanks a million!:D
 
very nice...

I saw 'em under construction when I was over there for weathering class... those are some good lookers!
 
Weathering class eh? wow! Cool! To bad Im not in that neck of the woods! Id could use some classes....:rolleyes:;):D
 


And now for something totally different. Trying to make a couple of true SW7 "B" units with the correct blanked out rear stairs. Here's the progress so far.

100_4496.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top