ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
- Status
-
Not open for further replies.
Like an artist looking at a blank canvas.....................
nice... what's in store for them?
Nice indeed. Any plans for pre-merger SP SW's with the light clusters intact?
How about something WILD!

Jim, I guess I could do some older SP/SSW ones. I have those 10 I got from Atlas. They'd need a serious weathering job applied to them.
Chris, that's a bit too wild for me!!!

LOL But I got this one and I've had you in mind the entire time.
Is that supposed to be a boxcab locomotive? If so, it should be a pretty cute little critter. Nice detail work on the cab.
The SP SW-1500's were kept in pretty good shape, at least in the LA area, where they were used a lot in transfer service from the City of Industry Yard to Taylor Yard. They were treated more like road engines than switchers and even got a trip through the wash rack occasionally. It was only in the late 70's and later that they were allowed to become rolling pieces of crud.

That BN flatcar probably has the best looking trucks/wheels I have ever seen. They look real.
I'm liking the fleet of switchers. I just bought an Athearn RTR SP SW1500 and I am very impressed with the detail. It knocks the pants off the older Athearn blue box SW1200 I got years back. All the grill detail and hatches. The new stuff looks great right down to the lights and horns. I was afraid to touch it when I took it out of the box, I didn't want to break anything off. Anyone know how they run? I probably won't know for a week or so as the layout is down for remodeling.
Is that supposed to be a boxcab locomotive? If so, it should be a pretty cute little critter. Nice detail work on the cab.
Jim, it's a Grandt Line HOn3 GE box cab. I've modified it back to HO gauge so I can sit it at the re-builders shop. Not too sure how I'm going to paint it or label it yet
That BN flatcar probably has the best looking trucks/wheels I have ever seen. They look real.
I'm liking the fleet of switchers. I just bought an Athearn RTR SP SW1500 and I am very impressed with the detail. It knocks the pants off the older Athearn blue box SW1200 I got years back. All the grill detail and hatches. The new stuff looks great right down to the lights and horns. I was afraid to touch it when I took it out of the box, I didn't want to break anything off. Anyone know how they run? I probably won't know for a week or so as the layout is down for remodeling.
Adam, The trucks are just a little grimey black sprayed, then a light spray of rust. I do that to the underframes also. You'll like the way the RTR SW1500's run. They have come a long way from the first Athearn BB kits.
The boxcab switcher has color to it finally.
Awww...it's so cute.

Remember Jim, "Cute" is a 4 letter word for a train layout or rolling stock.
wow!! brins new meaning to the term 'canary' ...

Jerome do they still make that model, and how do you re scale it to HO? Man I would love to back date it to a 1930's era. I'm suprised the radiator ain't on the roof, It's bad enough that the engineer has to dang near sit on the engine!
Jerome do they still make that model, and how do you re scale it to HO? Man I would love to back date it to a 1930's era. I'm suprised the radiator ain't on the roof, It's bad enough that the engineer has to dang near sit on the engine!
Chris, to make it HO, it has outer holes on the bottom of the frame that can be used. I also had to trim some tabs off the inside of the sideframes. I saw a guy on ebay that has 5 of the HO powered versions of these. But he wants $51 each for them. A bit much for a very small boxcab.
Here's the boxcab with decals. It's labeled for the Omaha Western.
Took possession of 2 DCC Track Mobiles today also.
And finished decals on a Buffalo & Pittsburgh SW1500.
jerome that box cabs roof screams out for the mufflers and radiators! it needs more roof details.....
Chris, It has a radiator in the rear of the cab, why would I need one on the roof also?
Grandson of an ALCO Builder
Took possession of 2 DCC Track Mobiles today also.
Are these Bachmann models? or what? DCC very nice looking units. Tell me more about thses please.
Thx
Alco
Are these Bachmann models? or what? DCC very nice looking units. Tell me more about thses please.
Thx
Alco
Factory Direct Trains.
- Status
-
Not open for further replies.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)