Flo's Place (a.k.a. Coffee Shop #19)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Ken...I hope you find your paperwork! It will turn up when you are not frantically searching for it.

THE IRS......................THEIRS

Yep--that about does that---one place I'd be looking ---closets---or any loose flapping backpacks/cases. BTDT.

----------------------------------

Good Morning

I'm all piculous--even though I still got this dang whatzit causing me dose to dribble;):confused: And we got a bunch of seminars to do today---and Monday now:eek::(

Got some more things for your perusal
 
Good morning. It's 62 and cloudy. The high will be in the mid 70's and it will be partly cloudy.

Not much going on today. I got some brick colored paint yesterday so I can continue work on a DPM kit, the Front Street Building. It's easy to assemble but as anybody who has built a DPM kit knows, assembly isn't hard but painting is a pain in the butt. All the details are molded on so that makes it all the more difficult. This promises to be fun. I also may have another Bachmann UP GP40 shell on it's way through the mail. That's if the owner can find it. I have a Bachmann GP40 frame that's screaming for a body. I have a couple of Atlas shells that will fit but I don't want to use them. The detail on them is sadly lacking (it was great back in the 70's) and the hand rails (though virtually unbreakable) are incorrect. I have two 70's era Atlas chassis that have Bachmann shells on them and they look great, especially the UP one that's been patched for the L&A. My paint brush is chomping at the bit to get it's bristles onto another UP loco.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/DSCN2196.jpg
 


That vette looks kinda like one I almost bought back in the 80's. Tradgic story really. I was on my way to go pick it up (cash in fist) when I passed it going the other way. Seems someone else had cash in fist faster then I did! I bought a '71 Cuda with a 440 instead.
 
Greeting to all! Hope you are having a good weekend.

I finally got the courage to start getting this year's leaves picked-up. I started to rake, but being in a lazy area I decided to use the lawn mower to bag'um and tag'um :D. Now to get back to the Depot. Man, the last two months have been hell trying to stay with it without some interruption.

Loctite CA: I haven't had any problems with the Gel or the liquid. In fact, I prefer that brand over others. The only problem I have with any of them is applying too much...then I have a bonding problem.

Jim: Yeah, I used the wrong word of "protection" instead of defense, but the meaning is still there: A sign doesn't help if your dog bites someone. Weight lose?? Hummmph, I only wish. My wife sees me losing weight and she immediately starts cooking and baking my favorites...just kidding, she does that all the time...did I say all the time LOL! :)

Sandy: You can go camping down here most anytime of the year. It can get cold in the nights, but the days are seldom below mid-40's and usually in the lower 50's. Love cold weather camping...crisp air, campfire smoke, quiet, FEWER people ;), etc. Several "Corp of Engineer" parks stay open year round.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning!

It's a beautiful morning! Just went out and took a couple of pictures. We got about 6-7" of snow overnight and it's melting pretty fast this AM.

Have a great Sunday!
 
It's a beautifulmorning! Just went out and took a couple of pictures. We got about 6-7" of snow overnight and it's melting pretty fast this AM.

You are joking? Right?
Some mornings we see a little frost on the ground and when that happens it's usually the sign of a great day ahead. Snow! putooie! If we don't get any until Jan. it will be too soon for me.
Real nice photos though :D

Cheers
Willis

Would that tree be a Blue Spruce?
 
Sandy, it does take a special person to care for people who are in their last days. I can imagine you had to "poofed" up some to be Father Christmas but he was always my favorite character in the book. It was a real shock when I first saw the Alastair Sim version and he opened his cloak to reveal the two children huddled beneath it. :( Nice picture of that pine tree for a Christmas card but I'm glad you're getting to put up with the snow and not me.

Ken, all that stuff will turn up when you stop looking. It never fails. I really wouldn't worry too much about getting audited anyway. In almost 15 years of having my own business, I never got audited, and some of my deductions, while not illegal, certainly played the gray area. :eek:

Barry, nice cat pics but that 'Vette is a beauty. I hope you get over the sniffles soon.

Phillip, I would have been at the side of the road in tears if I had seen "my" car headed the other way. The Cuda wasn't a bad substitute though.

Jeffrey, some gifts are more difficult to finish than others. ;)

Rex, the Loctite I've found that has been bad is the stuff that comes in a brush top but is purple in color. That stuff won't hold anything. The gel has worked OK but not as good as ZAP. The stuff in the black top brush bottle is fantastic and cheap on top of it.

A sign can sometimes work against you, as you say, since it is proof you knew your dog was dangeroud. The only real defense is high enough fences and a good, strong enclosure for the dog. Even then, it's still up to a jury if you get sued. That is the heart of the problem - juries that feel they are giving away money from insurance companies that doesn't cost anyone anything. This really is a great time for camping down here. I was at Fort Touluse last weekend and really wished we were in the RV. I'm hitting the road with that thing this spring come hell or high water.

It's a beautiful day here again, sunny with a temperature of 73. Looks like we may get a little rain Tuesday but not a gully washer, so that will be OK. I finally found a Woddland Scenics roofers figure kit. It has been discontinued but, for some strange reason, Hobby Lobby not only had it, but it was only $7! You never get a deal at that joint. I had a scene set up on top of City Hall for the roofers so it all finally came together.
 
That 'vette a friend of ours has it now. It was a trash heap when the guy who restored it bought it--for $500, natch:eek::p

Found it was a SCCA(?) race car back in the early 1970's and just left to rot thereafter. It took him about 5 years to get the car to this shape---then again, most of the guys around here seem to have project cars coming out'n the woodwork.

Audrey and I are sorta looking for something to p*** around with. Think a '56 Chev 210 station wagon will do?:D:D:D:eek:
 


Well I picked up a few things today. I got some more paint for the DPM building project. I wanted flat latex flagstone gray in a sample can but they only put satin in the sample cans. That was OK for the baked brick red but I need flat for the flagstone, so I had to settle for a quart. I'll not be running out of that color anytime soon. I also needed a small flashlight for working on the layout when I'm working on structure lights and can't have the main room lights on. They come on and the layout lights turn off. A penlight would be too big so I got a Maglite Solitaire. It's only about 3 inches long and can be taped to one of my fingers. It fits neatly into the Dremel attachment box which is 7" x 4". It requires only 1 AAA battery and I have tons of those around. That's what almost all my remotes use, so I have several 16 packs of them in the junk drawer. I got the flash trimmed off the DPM kit parts this morning and will probably start painting them tomorrow. I do however have to go to town in the morning to make a bank deposit. That shouldn't require any more than 45 minutes at the max between when I leave here and get back. The way I drive I'll be surprised if it takes more than 20.
 
NOTICE​


TO: Jim, alias UP2CSX
FROM: DORRFDACORNUSA, Inc.
SUBJECT: Investigation of gray area tax returns

It has been brought to our attention by Chris Whistleblower that there could be tax return filings with gray to suspicious entries. For you to enjoy a nice Christmas day, an audit will be scheduled the following day and in our office at Gitmo Bay Cuba on December 26, 2009. Please bring all pertinent and necessary documentation from all tax return filings since 1965. A change of clothes will not be necessary.

United States Statutes of Limitation do not apply.

Note: the black SUV with shaded windows roaming your neighborhood and driven by men wearing black w/sunglasses is not ours; neither is the van with the funny looking antenna.

Vigilantly Yours,

B.O. Moneyuser
Assistant to the Assistant Director of the Department of Reusable Revenue for Further Distribution, ACORN USA Inc.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
NOTICE​


TO: Jim, alias UP2CSX
FROM: DORRFDACORNUSA, Inc.
SUBJECT: Investigation of gray area tax returns

It has been brought to our attention by Chris Whistleblower that there could be tax return filings with gray to suspicious entries. For you to enjoy a nice Christmas day, an audit will be scheduled the following day and in our office at Gitmo Bay Cuba on December 26, 2009. Please bring all pertinent and necessary documentation from all tax return filings since 1965. A change of clothes will not be necessary.

United States Statutes of Limitation do not apply.

Note: the black SUV with shaded windows roaming your neighborhood and driven by men wearing black w/sunglasses is not ours; neither is the van with the funny looking antenna.

Vigilantly Yours,

B.O. Moneyuser
Assistant to the Assistant Director of the Department of Reusable Revenue for Further Distribution, ACORN USA Inc.


Uhhhh Ohhhhhh :eek::eek:

Looks like ole Jimbo might be financing health care reform!!! :eek::rolleyes:
 
NOTICE​



TO: Jim, alias UP2CSX
FROM: DORRFDACORNUSA, Inc.
SUBJECT: Investigation of gray area tax returns

It has been brought to our attention by Chris Whistleblower that there could be tax return filings with gray to suspicious entries. For you to enjoy a nice Christmas day, an audit will be scheduled the following day and in our office at Gitmo Bay Cuba on December 26, 2009. Please bring all pertinent and necessary documentation from all tax return filings since 1965. A change of clothes will not be necessary.

United States Statutes of Limitation do not apply.

Note: the black SUV with shaded windows roaming your neighborhood and driven by men wearing black w/sunglasses is not ours; neither is the van with the funny looking antenna.

Vigilantly Yours,

B.O. Moneyuser
Assistant to the Assistant Director of the Department of Reusable Revenue for Further Distribution, ACORN USA Inc.
I have one thing to say to that, that is if Jim doesn't mind me answering. ON A COLD DAY IN H*LL!

Oh yeah. When it comes to gun control? They can have my gun when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.:D
 
Last edited by a moderator:
All, Been away for a few days and it looks to be a few more. The motherboard and power supply both decided to fry themselves simultaneously last Saturday. I have to send the computer back to Gateway for repairs as it is still under warranty. I'm borrowing the nephew's computer at his house now.

I'm going to try to figure out how to reconfigure one of my backup servers to use as a computer until mine gets back in 10 business days(yeh, right). One of the things I am into is owning a bank of servers to host sights like this one. I have 4 presently, with two acting as backups when maintenance has to be preformed on the others.

We found out the motherboard was toast after replacing the PS. It cost more to send the tower to Texas than the cost of a new PS. When the computer STILL wouldn't start, I knew the problem was much more serious. There's just a few weeks left under warranty so I opted for buying a new PS and installing it.

So, I'll drop in when I can over the next couple of weeks.

Bob
 
:D Oh what a beautiful morning! Oh what a beautiful day! I've got this magnificent feeling everythings goin my way.
Good mornin coffee shoppers. It is a fantastic day as usual and I am rarin to go. Got a good nights sleep been out int he shop workin on our utility room cabinets and gettin ready to head to the paint store for some gainful employment. It sure is nice to have a paycheck comin in again. Of course last weeks went toward putting new pads and having the rotors turned on the 2002 Olds Intrigue. Just over a 100 smackers but I did the labor myownself so saved a bundle there. The car stops better than it has in a while and I rotated the tires while they were off. It seems to drive a lot better now also so I may need to check out the tires to make sure nothing is wrong with them. I looked at them while they were off and did not see anything suspicious but may ned to have the experts take a look see. Well better git goin don't want to be late fer work.
 
Good morning. It's 64 and wet. we have heavy clouds and the rain is coming down. The high will be about 66 and there's a chance of thunderstorms.

I have the brick work on the DPM building painted. Later today I'll start on the flagstone colored trim. This evening I have to take my mother to town so she can get certified as a voting commissioner. Since I'm going to be there anyway I'll go ahead and get certified myself. Heck, it's something to do.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/DSCN2172.jpg
 


Good Morning

'Spring' is in one of his 'get up in the mo'nin' rush around the house' modes---:rolleyes::D:D

It be all sunny out there and Audrey and I went for a nice little walk through the leaves of autumn and threw leaves at each other--lot o' fun' Get to do seminar stuff this afternoon so I's be all piculous and doing seminar paperw**k:eek::rolleyes:

L-R: St.Mary's ON, Inside basement of old feedmill in Winthrop ON, Some old barn structures in back of some houses in the 'former' ghost town-Wroxeter ON, the former General Store in Woodham ON---all north of London ON---
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top