Flo's Place (a.k.a. Coffee Shop #19)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning folks.

Larry, that is the most chipper greeting I think I've ever read on here! You are definitely going to have a good day.

I had a great day yesterday. The Vikings won! Oh boy, they beat the Lions!;) I don't care if we have an artificially good record. It's still a good record.:)

I got the nod of approval from the in laws yesterday. They really liked the buildings on my layout. I forget that common folk don't read MR or visit these forums. As far as they are concerned, I'm the best modeler on the planet! The only thing they have to compare it against is a 'train set' from yesteryear. Yep, that's right, I am a modeling god!:D

I have a large package of building kits coming from Walthers this week. My mother spent a ton of money on my siblings this past weekend, so she cut us a check. $125 of it was mine to spend,so online here I come. It's not a ton of money to spend, but it's buying me a city block of buildings and a barn. Not too shabby for free. I just want it to show up before it gets cold again.

Enough rambling on, have a great day everyone!
 
Good monday morning to all!
We had the second weekend of public display at the McWane Science Center in Birmingham. The day started out with a large crowd of people, but thinned out as the day progressed.
I'm not sure if the economic conditions are being felt, if the college football games were a factor or if it is too early in the Holiday Season, yet. There are 9 good layouts on display and the Wrecking Crew is building a "N scale" layout during the weekend hours. I did notice a couple of families returning from last year, who were asking about the changes in the Wrecking Crew layout.

Maybe the crowds will pick up if the weather turns cold and rainy again. I guess sunny and 74 degrees encourages people to stay away from the McWane Center.

Maybe next weekend will be better attended.
I hope y'all have a great day!
 
HEY! I don't rat people out to the local mob (aka, The Fed's) unless I get my usual fee's met!


Well, I had a active day at the unemployment office! I showed up for my check up and was supprised the Office was full with people trying to find work which there ain't any to be had!:eek::confused: Gee, I thought this mess was going to be fixed by now!?!?!?!?:confused::( Then I went to the local Health department for my Mexican pig flu shot and found they were out!:(:confused: Then went to the food stamp/WIC office to clame for food stamps to find my wife makes to much money!?!?!:confused::( Crap, I thought this was going to be fixed by now?!?!?!:confused::( O'well:):D:p Have a great day all!
 


Good afternoon folks

It has been a rough one at the nuthouse sometimes known as work. I walked right into a firestorm this morning and it kept going. Now that it is lunchtime things have seemed to have settled down some.

It was a tough weekend. It started Friday. Our oldest cat, who was 16 years old started having serious complications. She had been battling cancer for several months. She started having difficulty walking and getting up. We had to put her down in the evening.

Saturday was busy, thank heavens. We took our Cub Scout pack plus one Boy Scout into Philadelphia for the national Constitution Center Scout Day. After an exhausting day my son earned his Law and American Heritage Merit Badges, and has one more requirement to finish his Citizenship in the Nation Merit badge. We ended the day with a nice dinner at the Hard Rock Café which occupies a portion of the old Reading RR Terminal Headhouse.

Sunday was my daughter’s flute recital. She knocked ‘em dead with a super rendition of Live and Let Die. When I get a chance I’ll post the video.

Tonight is my son’s Boy Scout Troop Meeting.

Trains? Well I rode one on Saturday to the National Constitution Center.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Went into town today and made my bank deposit and got both of the flu shots (seasonal and H1N1) while I was at it. I don't know why Louisiana always has to be behind on everything. This is the first week the shots have been available here. Got most of the trim on the DPM building painted this morning. A little close-in painting is needed but I should be to the point of assembling it soon.
 
Afternoon, everyone.

Rex, in keeping with our record of having the laziest cities in the US, I just can't work up the energy to repsond to anything from ObamaAcornIRS Mafia right now. I will consider all my options, as suggested by my advisors, but I just can't make any decisions right now, since I still have to practice bowing before my superiors before I can even think of doing anything else. :rolleyes:

Tom, I'm sorry to hear about your cat. All of ours are still young and I'm hoping I'm gone before any of them have to go to kitty heaven. :(

Jeffrey, what's a voting commisoner? Would it help my tax problems if I became one? :)

Larry, sounds like you got up on the right side of the bed today. :D Glad to hear you have some revenue coming in now.

Barry, that first picture of the ornate brick building is just marvelous. It gets my scratchbuilding juices going just looking at it. Thank goodness buildings like that have been preserved.

Corey, I guess old Brett still has it in him, although, come on, a good high school team could beat the Lions right now. :) The real surprise teams this year are the Bengals and the Saints. We may actually have a decent playoff season for once. Of course, my Browns are dead last, as usual. :mad: It's cool when non-modelers visit your layout and are awe-struck. I had that a couple of weeks ago and they thought I was amazing! Thank goodness they didn't really know what they were looking at. Have fun with building all those kits.

Mikey, I'm planning on making it up there next week. Is it open during the week or only on weekends? I suspect it's just a little early in the season yet for people to really be in the holiday spirit.

Chris, I'm shocked!! You'd rat out your friend for a fee? Well, I never....:eek:
Everything will be fixed by next month. Or maybe in early 2010...or maybe summer. I'm sure the administration is working hard to help all the unemployed. Of course, you have to pay that small fine for not buying the non-existent national health care plan first, but that's just a minor inconvenience. Wait until they hit you with the fees for all your noisy, polluting lawn care equipment. Yep, help is right around the corner.

Jeffrey, Louisiana isn't too far behind if you got an H1N1 shot. None to be had around here....unless you're someone important, like the mayor. That caused a bit of an uproar last week. You'll need to rest your eyes for a week when you're done with the DPM building. :)

Another beautiful day down here in Lazyville. Sunny and 72 with no wind. Might get a little rain tomorrow but not a big deal. The leaves are finally falling so some raking is in order...assuming I can get up off the couch. :D
 
Today did turn out to be a very good day. We received 8 pallets of paint and other Dupont materials for body work. It is all checked in and put away. My knees are telling me I overdid it today but I still made it out to the shop and stained the backside of the boards I put the finish on this morning. We have any area to receive the materials that is the height of a normal semi trailer and then we have to waqlk down this 10' long ramp with anywhere from 4 to 12 cases of material. Walking down the ramp with 300# of stuff on a 2 wheel hand truck will wear a fellow or gal out. Wanda(co-worker and fellow flunkie) and I were both tired when we clocked out this evening. Oh well tomorrow is another day so maybe it will be somewhat easier at least we won't have to contend with the ramp or at least we both hope we don't have to.
 
Larry, my knees hurt just reading what you did today. :eek: I did something to my knee on the cruise and now, every time I stoop down or get up from a chair, a tendon or ligament snaps across my kneecap. It's like getting an electric shock. I keep hoping it will resolve on its own but I'm going to have to see the doc if this keeps up.

Jeffrey, sounds like running a voting booth won't help me much with the IRS. :) I'll be interested to see how your building looks when it's done.

Where is everyone? Do they all have a life, or what? :confused: Our chances of rain are rapidly evaporating in the dry air we have ahead of the front so we'll be lucky to get a trace out of it. Might be more intersting this weekend, when we should start getting a return flow from the Gulf at the same time a cold fron approaches fron the Plains. This is the start of our severe weather season down here. We get the largest and most damaging storms and tornados from about November 15 though March 15. While all of you up north are looking out for blizzards, we watch out for tornados.
 


Good morning folks

It was 48 F on the way in this morning. High will be 58 F.

We missed the meteor shower last night due the clouds. The kids read about it and really wanted to see it.

Last night was pretty mundane. We had my son’s Boy Scout Troop Meeting and had to run to the pet store for a few things.

Tonight the kids have music lessons and I have to go their school to find about the new Parent Portal that the District is offering through the Internet. Supposedly we should be able to see our kids’ grades throughout the year and not have to wait for the report cards. Also it will give us other information about school.

No trains last night.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Good Morning--

Got up a little later than I usually do---gonna be a bit of a slow day today--

Got to get some more trees done up for the valley scene--trestles bents still getting done and now getting started up on the decking----

Have a good one

L-R Construction Destruction-Atwood ON, Spring in a small shelf, Along Drew St. Woodstock ON, Spring again
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Gang! Just passing by in a run.
This was a business day and while out, decided to stop by Office Depot and get an Internet wireless bridge to use with the entertainment center. Wouldn't you know that I would leave with more: a new dual band N router and a bridge. This will replace my old G router and should give me three times the speed and better distance....I hope. Still need to replace the wireless board in my shop computer. Dang credit cards!!!:D

Everyone seems to be staying healthy on here...well, Jim is getting so old and crippled up, who knows. Glad I am still a young'un!:rolleyes:

CU soon!:)
 
Hi Gang! Just passing by in a run.
This was a business day and while out, decided to stop by Office Depot and get an Internet wireless bridge to use with the entertainment center. Wouldn't you know that I would leave with more: a new dual band N router and a bridge. This will replace my old G router and should give me three times the speed and better distance....I hope. Still need to replace the wireless board in my shop computer. Dang credit cards!!!:D

Everyone seems to be staying healthy on here...well, Jim is getting so old and crippled up, who knows. Glad I am still a young'un!:rolleyes:

CU soon!:)

UR LuckEeeeeeeeeeee! All I got was another lawn account!:D:p


Got me two more Small Unscheduled accounts lined up, I'm slowly working my way to independence!:D Still far away from the 80 needed:o
 
Nice Chris! That is always better and more important news than my toys. Congrats and keep on rolling...you know, like BAMA. ROLL TIDE! :D
 
We keep prayin' you get there Chris!!!

------------------------------

We had a nice quiet day--got a bunch of puttering around the house done--got some more trestle bents done--and did a lot of reading---heeheehee:D:D:D---with 'Spring' on the lap--purring away
 
Hiya All!
Jeffrey, thanks for the linky thing to the inventory program. I D/Led it and have spent the last 2 evenings cataloging just the locos. Whew, that was a lotta stuff! And I havn't gotten the photos attached yet! 77 Loco's listed, now gotta add about 400 other pieces of rolling stock! Good thing I just added a 640 Gig back up drive! One bad part, the wife can now find out what all that stuff is worth! :eek::p
Larry You're makin me feel old! And I know I'm younger than you! (only Jim is older than you):p
Chris You keep pluggin at it, we'll keep praying for your success.
Sandy Send some of that snow here! PLEASE!!!!!!!!:D

Well, we ordered 3 more locos today. Atlas is doing a run in May of SD24's in Maryland Midland paint (patched BN paint) Yeah, DCC w/sound. My wallet is gonna cry for the next 6 months!:rolleyes:

Back to the workbench for me, I'll check y'all later.
 


Jeffrey, thanks for the linky thing to the inventory program. I D/Led it and have spent the last 2 evenings cataloging just the locos. Whew, that was a lotta stuff! And I havn't gotten the photos attached yet! 77 Loco's listed, now gotta add about 400 other pieces of rolling stock! Good thing I just added a 640 Gig back up drive! One bad part, the wife can now find out what all that stuff is worth! :eek::p
Wanna bet? Go to FILE, click ACCESS and set a password. Anyone trying to gain entry to the program without the password will be locked out. Therefore they can't view the files.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top