Flo's Place (a.k.a. Coffee Shop #19)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys!:) I'm putting out flyers and I'm going to do some Ad's as money comes available. it seems people like how i do things diffrent than my comp. all I can do is keep on plugging away........On a side note a local MRR group heard about my layout must have been through here. Contacted me to come to thier open house next month!:eek: Arn't i getting to be the popular one:p:D:rolleyes:

Rex, you mean keep on like the Gators!;):p;):p;):D:):D:)
 
(only Jim is older than you) I don't know bout that Karl. I feel like I am 91 yrs old some mornings instead of 61. Especially after Monday's trips up and down that danged ramp. I felt it more today than yesterday.
 


Good morning. It's 37 and clear. The high will be in the low 60's and sunny.

Got a doctor appointment to go to this morning for a general checkup. Other than that I don't have much planned. There are a couple of buildings on the layout that need the mortar lines high lighted. These were done with chalk some years ago but in a humid environment it's almost like the chalk fades away. So I intend to redo them with the same Country Gray acrylic paint that I now use. The problem is that one of them at the back of the layout, well out of my reach. It's still hard for me to go under the layout to the pop-up access so I'll to come up with something that I can grab the building with. Perhaps a 1x2 with a screw on the end that can go through an open window of the building.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/PA240240.jpg
 
Good morning folks

It was 44 F as I rolled out of the driveway. High will be 57 F.

Another light night. I had to go the kids’ school to find out information about their new online tracking system. Parents can go online and follow their child’s grade at anytime. It could help to identify problem ahead of time. I also had to spend some time getting stuff ready for tonight’s Cub Scout Pack Meeting.

No trains.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
:eek::eek: They's gonna be stopped in a few weeks when the Bama boys chow down on some Gator tails.:p:p:D

Larry, Jim not only feels that way but is that way....really....Jim is very very old. Po Jim!
:rolleyes::rolleyes::D

Remember my theory on picking the winning team is: The Team with the Ugliest Cheerleaders will win! Having Ugly Cheerleaders makes a team meaner and more angry!:D:DROFLMAO:p

I heard Jim and Moses got in a fight on how the Red Sea was to be Parted! "of course We know who won that battle!" So Jim how was that long walk in the wilderness? LOL
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning folks.

Nothing much happening around here. We are in the process of sorting through my Grandmothers house. We had hoped to do this after she moved, but no dice! She wants most of it done before she moves. Oh well, fabulous prizes for everyone!:rolleyes:

I'm impatiently waiting for my shipment from Walthers. I have Merchants row one and two on the way. I'm really only using the backs of the kits, but it will fill out my downtown. The fronts may get used for low relief storefronts later on.

My car is in the shop today, so I'm being chauffeured around by my wife. I may need to get her a uniform!:D

I hope everyone has a good day.
 
Good Morning All!


Karl...There is snow in the weekend forecast, so I'll turn on the big fan and send some your way! It has been pretty chilly so far this week and the snow from Sat. Sun. has not all melted. Unusual for Denver. Today we are supposed to hit 60 degrees so what's left will disappear. Love it! No dirty snow :cool:

Chris...sounds like your business is attracting the right kind of interest. Way to go!

Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL day!!!

Sandy
 
Thanks guys!:) On a side note a local MRR group heard about my layout must have been through here. Contacted me to come to thier open house next month!:eek: Arn't i getting to be the popular one:p:D:rolleyes:
Chris, is that the model railroad club in Largo, or the one in Port Richey?

Especially after Monday's trips up and down that danged ramp. I felt it more today than yesterday.
The second day is almost always worse, you should start feeling better tomorrow.
 


Afternoon, everyone.

Hey, I'm not all that old. Well, I guess since I turn 64 in February, I'm kinda old but I don't usually feel that old. :) Plus, Moses was a very nice guy, he was just a little miffed at the Pharoh when he and I got into it. :D

Barry, Happy Birthday to Audrey. Dianna turns the big Five-Oh tomorrow so she has been a little hard to live with lately. I told her 60 is much worse. :eek:

Chris, did you see the claim from Recovery.Org that a $1,000 lawnmower created ten new jobs. :rolleyes:. Seems like you're missing an opportunity here. Between you, your son, and the three dogs, you have have enough manpower and equipment to create about 25 new jobs. You should be getting some stimulus money from somewhere, especially if you can create a non-existent Congressional District to park your lawnmowers in.

Rex, I'm looking forward to some roasted gator meat in a few weeks. I understand the Tebow sauce makes it even better. :)

Sandy, yeah, yeah, I heard that drill about "the snow will be gone by tomorrow" the last winter my son was in Boulder. We were there for two week and the only thing it did was get deeper. I think you guys are in for one tough winter.

Corey, I understand some wives look very attractive in certain kinds of uniforms. ;)

Our cold front bought us two minutes of drizzle and then just some colder air. Still made it to 65 today although there's a frost advisory out for tonight. I doubt it will get below 35 here since we're on a hill. It's about time for some frost so my dang lawn will stop growing. I was out shopping for birthday presents yesterday and settled on a GPS for Dianna's car since she's able to get lost going out the driveway. Ordered a red velvet cake for her party. I never heard of a red velvet cake until I moved down here. They sure are good.
 
HI all!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUDREY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW DIANNA! Yeah, 50 hurts but once you accept it, the rest go by easier.;)

Had a nice luncheon over at my Mom's retirement village: turkey, gravy, dressing, etc, and lot of deserts to choose from. It was nice seeing so many of the families showing up to be with their parents/grands.

Been pulling hair setting up my new home wireless gizmos. I didn't have much luck going secure, but went to unsecure and got everything to work. Soon as I figure out how to get the wireless board in my shop computer setup for secure, I will make the switch. I immediately realized a huge improvement in speed with the "N" format over the old "G" that I had :).

Sandy: It should feel like snow around here tonight with frost warnings going out. I LIKEY!

Jim: The Tebow sauce does add a distinct flavor...a bit on the overwhelming side, but easy to digest. :D Turn on your electric blanket...don't want your old joints to stiffen. LOL
 
Howdy All!

Rex...it does feel good to be...cold now and again. Warming up is fun! ;)
It was 11 degrees yesterday morning when I left for work. Today it was
27. A veritable heat wave!

Jim...The snow is almost gone. Of course, we are going to get more this weekend. You're right. Once in a decade or so, we have snow that lingers. But usually, unless it's VERY cold :eek: , the snow melts pretty quickly. Except in Boulder :p

Just got back from a church board meeting and am pooped. I just cannot seem to get used to the time change this year.

Well...Dennis Miller is fixing to be on the O'Reilly Factor so I'd better go check him out then hit the sack.

Sleep well!

Sandy
 
Good Evening--

Audrey and I thank you all for the birthday wishes---and JIM: Wish Dianne a bigHAPPY BIRTHDAY!! from us as well-----:D:D:D

Have a good night---we's be heading off to sleep!
 
Thanks, Rex and Barry, I'll pass on the birthday wishes.

Rex, sounds like the retirement villiage is a pretty good place. Have you tried using MAC addresses for a secure network? It pretty easy to set up Linksys routers and actually provides better security than WAP. I wondered if upgrading to a N router would be worth it. Have you found the range better as well as the speed? I did finally go to the doc about the knee. It's a meniscus tear. Just happens in us old folks as the menisci wears out. It looks fairly minor on the CT scan so it should heal in a few weeks if I don't do anything dumb. I did get a prescription for some vicoprofen, a combination of hydrocodone and ibuprofen. The hydrocodone is only 7.5 mg so it's just enough to take the edge off the pain without being too sedating. Feels much better after taking a few of those.

Sandy, I think I was there three times in 10 years for those one in a decade storms. ;) The last one was in 2002, I think. It snowed for twelve of the fourteen days we visited and never got above freezing. Yuk! It's 43 here now, and that's plenty cold for me.

Barry, I hope Audrey and you had a nice birthday together. Pleasant dreams. :)

Nice and clear here, great night to spend a little time with the telescope. Anyone hear about the big meteorite over Nevada and Utah last night? It was bright enough to light up dark parking lots on security cams and turn off some photocell driven street lights. Must have been quite a sight.
 
Afternoon, everyone.

Chris, did you see the claim from Recovery.Org that a $1,000 lawnmower created ten new jobs. :rolleyes:. Seems like you're missing an opportunity here. Between you, your son, and the three dogs, you have have enough manpower and equipment to create about 25 new jobs. You should be getting some stimulus money from somewhere, especially if you can create a non-existent Congressional District to park your lawnmowers in.

Rex, I'm looking forward to some roasted gator meat in a few weeks. I understand the Tebow sauce makes it even better. :)

.

jim, shoot me the link for that:)! SORRY.........No Gator meat fer you!;):p
 
Jim: The Tebow sauce does add a distinct flavor...a bit on the overwhelming side, but easy to digest. :D Turn on your electric blanket...don't want your old joints to stiffen. LOL

Stop your picking on Tebow, My sons history Teacher is his Uncle! If the rest of the family is like the Uncle, all i can say wonderful family! If you keep on picking on the gator's i will come up there and cut your power to your house and hide that antifreeze you call liquor during the freeze!:D;) Like to see U try to get out of bed all froze over!:D
 
Afternoon, everyone.


Chris, did you see the claim from Recovery.Org that a $1,000 lawnmower created ten new jobs. :rolleyes:. Seems like you're missing an opportunity here. Between you, your son, and the three dogs, you have have enough manpower and equipment to create about 25 new jobs. You should be getting some stimulus money from somewhere, especially if you can create a non-existent Congressional District to park your lawnmowers in.

Funny U mentioned that....My neigbor and I were talking along that line that there is no stimulus for small business:confused: Small business grows into large business that inturn creates jobs.:o;) I'm tring to do this with out being i debt and strugle, but if the government gave me a small grant of few grand for captilized equipment would help out tons!
 


Good morning. It's 38 and clear. The high will be around 70 and it will be partly cloudy.

Didn't get much done yesterday. After I got back from a general checkup at the docs office I worked on the layout a little. I don't know why but I was so tired I could hardly stand, so I got a couple hours of sleep and felt fine after that. I don't know how long I'll be online today. I was having so many connection problems yesterday that I got completely disgusted and shut the computer down around 5:30 - 6 pm. I'm having some problems this morning but not as bad.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/PB130201.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top