Flo's Place (a.k.a. Coffee Shop #19)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a late supper today. Macaroni and cheese, smoked sausage, and a salad. Ate lunch late, for no other reason than I wanted to, got busy and lost track of time actually. Stopped to take an iced tea break around 2 and realized I had missed lunch. Angela put a couple of those Totino's pizzas in the oven and that was lunch. So, now I am not hungry at supper time.

On the home front, still friggin' painting walls. I'd rather be fishing, of course. That was actually the plan I made for the week over the weekend, Fishin' Wednesday(and Thursday and Friday) weather permitting and trains if the weather was uncooperative. If'n Angela didn't take such good care of me and wasn't such a GREAT cook, I think I'd rather be single. She's a pretty great gal, that's for sure.

OK, Jeffrey, now you have us all in suspense. Get on with your story!!!!!

Chris, I've been on the job hunt(sorta) for almost two years. The SkunkWerks wasn't a job really. I went there on my days off and when not at my REAL job and lent a hand. Not much to building engines. I used the benefits from my real job, like insurance and such. But, I have been looking online a lot. Not much happening here, I don't know about your area. Unless you are in the health field, a pharmacist, or a collij grajiate, ain't much out there. I guess I could get a job flippin' burgers at MickeyD's. Still not much for benefits doing that. Most management jobs are entry level and the companies are looking for someone that they don't have to pay for. With over 25 years of retail management experience, no college degree, 56 years sold, not much out there for someone old, dumb and experienced.

So it goes. Talk at all of you later. FLO, dear, put this on one of the new guys' tab. I left my wallet on the night stand.

Bob
 
Hi Flo, coffee with, please...

the local family of geese have gone already. I saw them cruising the pond last week, but they're not there now......leaves have started to change color too.

I added another Omya hopper and Omya tanker to my collection today from eBay. Didn't get a chance yet to visit the mine and take pics, but maybe next week I'll find some time.

Heading down to Montauk to do some stripper fishing with my son tomorrow....he spends September, October, and most of November chasing them around the lighthouse....I hope we can find a little time to do some work on the house between fishing trips. I'll bring back some pics for you, Flo...

Gotta run now....thank for the coffee.
 


Almost forgot, yesterday on my way home I caught a work train picking up the old ties they changed out last summer. The second loco was kind of a different one for around here, and it was wearing new paint. All I had was my cell phone camera, but here you go...........

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/Prototype Train Photos/850A0033.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/Prototype Train Photos/850A0035.jpg


That, my boy, is an CSX RMDT, a.k.a. a road slug, built upon the remains of a tired old GP30.:)
 
Good Morning, I got's 14 days left.

Bob, The job market here is not to good. I've decided that I'm not going to out drive what I'm getting paid this time.;) I was putting $50-$75 a week in my truck to get to work not to mention the 60+ mins of driving back and fourth. Good thing is if I can Pick up a full time job at $8-$10 and hour in town I'll be fine! Trust me Flipping Boogers isn't off the table! Done that when I was a teenager.....I had fun at that job! got to go!
 
Good morning.

It's 69 and cloudy. The high will be in the mid 80's and there's a chance of rain.

I started off yesterday at the early morning hour of 2 am to get things done before going off for my first appointment of the day. I got most of the things on the list taken care of. By that time it was time to go to my 8 am appointment with my primary care provider. He did the usual checks then had blood drawn. I should know the outcome of those tests today. I stopped in at Dairy Queen for breakfast then went to my parent's place to check on my mother. She's doing as well as can be expected. During this time my father came home and he and I went to town to get some things done and to have lunch. On the way back home we stopped at the pharmacy where I picked up a couple of prescriptions for myself and a packet of water pills for my mother. My father dropped me at my home where I promptly got into my car and went off to my second appointment. This was to get an MRI done on my right foot. I could think of more pleasant ways to blow 45 minutes. It was cold in there. I felt vaguely out of sorts when the procedure was done. On the way home I went by the Vernon Lake Spillway Park to see what, if anything, was going on there. I saw three juveniles out on top of the spillway apparently oblivious to the No trespassing on spillway - $500.00 fine' signs that are posted on both sides. I pulled up to the fence at the south observation platform and hit my air horns to get their attention. I identified myself as the Sundown Fire Dept Safety Officer and ordered them off the spillway. They complied reluctantly and I told them that I or one of my friends in the Sheriff's Dept would be by to do spot checks later on. I then went home and arranged for a Sheriff's deputy to go out and make sure they got the message. I then took my mother her water pills and told her to use them. She's got to loose that water weight she's put on. I then went back home where I promptly collapsed. Now it seems that on top of everything else I also have the flu. Great! What else can happen.

P1010065.jpg
 


Good morning folks

It was 72 humid degrees this morning. High will be 84 F.

We had Cub Scouts last night. Did not get much else done last night. Kids are complaining about the amount of homework they are getting. It does seem like an increase over last year. I knew my son would have issues because in elementary school they were very lax on giving homework and checking it. Some of his classmates have already found out how drastically different middle school is. Since he had a sister who went before him he was mostly prepared.

Tonight my son has a meeting with a Merit Badge Counselor for a couple of merit badges he is trying to get. We also have to pack for his camping trip with his troop this weekend.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/good-morning_25.gif

Mornin' all!

Rode into work this morning in the lightest sprinkle I think I've ever seen. It's supposed to clear up later. So anyways, when I got to work, there's a guy in the next office over that rides a new Harley that was standing out front. His bike was not to be seen, but his car was. Now understand, yesterday he didn't ride either, and it was beautiful. I gave him a hard time about it and his work friends joined in the ribbing. This morning one of those friends is with him, so as I slowly ride past I'm looking at him and shaking my head. I park and pull off my helmet, look at him and ask if this is too much rain. (There's maybe a single itty bitty drop coming down every thirty seconds or so.) He starts laughing and his friends is busting up and pointing at him. He starts making excuses, but I just hold up my hand and give him the "Talk to the hand" look.

Got a busy day at the office today it looks like. Thats OK though......helps the day pass quick, right?

I'm looking froward to the message I'll be preaching this weekend. It's titled, "How To Change For Good". I think it might be more for me then anyone else, but then that often seems to be the case.

Oh well, gotta run.........Later!







Oh, and Jeff.....TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF ALREADY MAN!
 
Good morning everyone.

I had a day from hell yesterday. Better yet, it's turning out to be a week from hell. My boss is going to get slapped when he gets back from Europe. He actually made the comment before he left, "jeez, maybe now is a bad time to go on a trip." Fall, in a clothing store! Do you think that is possible?:eek: That's as dumb as an owner of a toy store taking December off! I know he owns the store, but there is no replacement for him when he's gone. We trimmed the employee level so low that when he's gone, I'm him. That's fine, but then who is me when I'm him?:rolleyes: At least I'm selling a lot of clothing along with the BS that comes from weddings. I don't think the boss will have any problems with me taking a couple days off when he gets back. I suppose I should be happy with a job. I tell you what though, my boss needs me more than I need him. END OF RANT!

On a lighter note, the leaves are starting to change and the River Valley is beautiful!

Have a great day!
 
Hi gang! Whuz up!
No moving or business to take care of today. Other than replacing the tires/wheels on my boat trailer, I should be able to enjoy a little layout time. I hope the tires will fit under the fenders. They don't make the A78's any more and I had to get B78 that should fit, even if they are about 1 1/2 inches larger in diameter.

Add one 19" TV in my depot to the hit list of the power surge damage the other night. Interesting how selective the damage was; guess it was only after the weakest of the herd :D.

Jeff: Hope the MRI results are favorable to a quick recovery ;).

Corey: I'm finally going to break down and buy a new suit. It's a shame to have a closet full of suits and jackets that are either out of style or ...uh..a bit snug:o. Short story about the wardrobe: When I began working at the College, it was preferred that Administrators wore ties, even me as half Administrator and other half Instructor. So, after several years of building up a nice wardrobe....new college president...= Golf shirts. Man, no class at all:D.

CU all later.
 
Went to see the foot doc today and got a good report about the MRI. He took some culture swabs of the wounds and sent them off to the lab. I have to go back Monday and find out what they show.The blood test results from my physical came back good.
 
Thought you may want to see the Grandson in Afghanistan slides. At the end shows him with other Grandson and then my Daughter. Feel free to see other: Movie (#2real sound) he made (R language :D)with cannon, mudd’un in Humvee, etc. in Afghanistan; Daughter Crawfish boil slides. He is home on leave for another week, but has to go back. He was to finish his tour in January, but they have extended them for an additional 6 months.

http://www.onetruemedia.com/otm_sit...&skin_id=1604&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=email

Very Proud Grandpa!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
"Rode into work this morning in the lightest sprinkle I think I've ever seen. It's supposed to clear up later."
Phillip I don't think the sun came out for your ride home, at least here in beautiful downtown Emporia it has rained most of the day. We took my fil to the attorney's office today and he went over my mil's will and my fil's will and said everything is okay as is. He did recommended that the power of attorney be updated so we are adding my oldest daughter to that. He also recommended that a POD be added to the deed of the house for my wife to avoid probate if anything should happen to him. We will also do similar to the 2001 Olds Aurora. It has been a dreary wet day and I have had no energy to do anything but nap.
 
Afternoon, everyone.

Rex, sounds like a heck of near miss you got. We've had few down here too but I've only lost one old phone and the A/C capacitors. I guess a lightning strike does go after the path of least resistance but I don't know why my A/C capacitors always seem to be a weak point. I've got about five suits I bought with me when I moved and I can still fit into a couple of them, but barely. :) I had to wear suits for years and absolutely hate it now. It's funerals, weddings, and a few times for church and that's about it for me now. No rain around so far so maybe we'll get another day to dry out.

Corey, at least you're busy enough to be run ragged. It would be a lot more troubling if you had time to sit around and read the latest MR. :D I imagine you'll get rewarded with a few extra days off when the boss gets back, and maybe even a few extra bucks if he's a really good guy. No leaves changing here yet - it's 87 right now.

Phillip, I guess there's a difference between a guy who's a biker and a guy who happens to own a bike. I think that sounds like some kind of basis for a sermon. :rolleyes:

Chris, hopefully getting rid of that long commute and finding something closer to home will work out better for you anyway. You just have to have faith something will turn up. I've been in your spot several times and the other side was always better than what I left, although I wasn' too happy waiting for the process to work. :mad:

Andy, are those Canada Geese? If so, they are headed for my house. They show up in October or so and make total pests of themselves while they are here. Some of them are starting to become adapted to the heat and becoming year round residents. I think they should all be deported. :D

Jeffrey, I hope all the tests come out OK. I was sick of doctors just from my recent little episode so you must really be fed up with them. I hope you're not really getting the flu but, if so, you need to just climb in bed and sleep. I'll tell you what, though. I'd really be reluctant to get in a confrontation with a group of law violators if I wasn't a peace officer and wasn't armed. Just call the S.O. on your cell phone and let them handle it. You already have enough problems without putting yourself in a situation where you get assaulted by a group of punks. Even if you have a pistol permit and were armed, the last thing you need is getting involved in an incident where you have to draw your weapon or, worse, actually have to use it. Let the dumb schmucks fall off the dam if they're foolish enough to be out there. A lousy misdemeanor isn't worth the hassle.

Party cloudy and warm here with only a few showers way south of us. Time to get the last work cone to the layout and then start the exciting job of cleaning the whole basement, icluding the giant colonies of every type of spider and Lord knows what other kind of insect has made it's mess down there. My layout takes up about 10% of the basement but, somehow, I'm not only responsible for cleaning it all but all the spiders and bugs are also my fault.
 


Jeffrey- (Begin nagging:) I know you have been busy, BUT stay off that foot!(End of nagging) At least the grass mowing should begin slowing down to every 7 to 10 days...unless the rain starts again!:eek:

Phillip- thanks for the Drifter link. That turquoise bike looks kinda like a ConRail diesel. I'm still trying to find my helmet from my last move 7 years ago. LOL Anyhow, I'm still looking at lots of bikes, but no firm decisions yet.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top