Come on in to Coffee Shop 21

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.


Morning, went to let out the hens next door and one was frozen solid,,, whooops. i hate looking after other peoples animals, they always die or something on you :(

Hey Jeff, don't know how you manage to cope with your leg and foot problems etc, it would drive me mad.

Rex, If you remember the earths beginings did you ever meet Adam and his temptress wife Eve,,, only kidding only kidding, don't want the same torture Karls going to get :)

Ken, thanks for the update on Jim, poor guy's having it bad. How's Vicky doing btw.

gotta go get a replacement hen !!

Thaw that chicky out and do a little shock therapy an CPR and it should be good as new LOL......................:rolleyes: If no good throw er in the fryer! yummy! Chris got any hot wing saucy?
 
I make a KILLER chiken wing sauce.

I should be all moved by the weekend. thank god. I HATE moving stuff. why do I have so many books?

and tack? why do I think i NEED 25 bridles? three saddles. and all the other stuff too????
 
Jeff How did you get on with the wound vac, do you think it sped up healing, my uncle had it on his leg but it to forever to heal

Karl, Chris Run boys Run, Rex may be old but he can run like the roadrunner :D


Hi Steve,
Thought I'd jump in here and bring up a few points about the healing of wounds as I delt with them directly on my Mom as she was bed ridden and Diabetic during the 2.5 years I took care of her at home here.

She developed pressure sores on the back of both heels that I caught fortunately before they go very bad and she also had a Coxyic wound from when she was in the hospital and the heal sores may have also resulted from that too.

Anyway with a lot of care and the proper diet, enough Protien, and maintaining her sugar levels, I got all the wounds healed up even without a wound vac although none were extremely bad but the Coxyic wound was bad enough.

It's a multi-part situation, if your uncle is Diabetic that plays a big part in the healing process as his sugar levels need to be maintained at around 100 to 150 or less for the most part and if he should get up to 200 or above that he not be allowed to stay at that level for any length of time before he is brought down to acceptable levels. Of course droping too low is just as bad too.

If he has been on the same type and brand insulin for a considerable length of time that can make it's intended effect less than required. Of course if he tends to fluctuate fairly rapidly that too can cause or add to the problems.

As I first mentioned his proper diet also has a lot to do with his healing process as does the fact if he is/has been taking any anti-biotics he also needs to take Acidophilus at least 4 hours or more after the Antibiotic so as not to interfear with it's effects. And something a health nurse told me is that even after the antibiotic has been stopped/ended a person should still take the Acidophilus for 30 more days to build up the imune system with the good germs the antiboitic kills off. I gave my Mom a consentrated form of acidophilus called GR8 dolophilus.

Hope this helps a bit.
 
Hi to all,
Thought I'd stop by and see what was going on? This place is starting to get a little scary - Dead chickens, killer chikcken sause, I'm going to head for the hills! LoL
Oh, I'm already living in the hills.

Say LTF, in response to your question about accumulating so much stuff, I think it's sole searching time. Moving is no fun, that's for sure and definitely makes things like what your refering to stand out.

Hope everyone has a good day!
 
I should be all moved by the weekend. thank god. I HATE moving stuff. why do I have so many books?
I know how you feel. I grew up as an army brat. We were moving every 2 to 3 years for 27 years. The last big move I had was when I moved all my stuff from my old RV to the trailer I'm in now back in 95.
 
Cheers David, he had cancer in his calf and bone around the calf muscle, they cut the affected tissue off hense the vac pac. i doubt if there was or is a man of his age who is as fit as he is, in his last visit to have half his leg taken off and tumors on his chest and shoulder a patient next to him (aged around 65) said "it's OK for you young guys you heel up quickly" little did he know he was actually 78. he was out of hospital within a week and back in weight training straight away, honest. He's not going to last long now though as he's got tumors all round his body inc his good leg and arms poor lad.


latenttrainfan, it's a woman thing :p my wifes the same she's a collectomaniac, i dread the day we move to NZ
 


Good Morining, It's 36* outside and forcast 56* this afternoon! Clear and Sunny and just a great day:D

I see it died in here again! "Flo, put the coffee on and open up the donut boxes! Jim's buying! Eat up guys and gals!";)
 
Hello(?)

Is anyone in?

I'd like a coffee and a chocolate glaze donut please---:o;);)

Where'd everyone go to now?

We's be gettin' some dull and dribbly snowflurries today.

I'm going to get some bloodwork done and see about a couple of things at an LHS maybe while i'm up that way-----:)

Have a good day----;);)
 
Good morning. It's 30 and clear. The high will be in the low 60's and it will be partly cloudy.

Well yesterday I went through my exercises and determined the range of movement the orthopedic boot allows me. I will be able to get under the layout to get to the access holes but any vertical movement, as in rising from a squat to standing position will have to be done with my right foot flat on the floor and most of the weight carried by my left leg and it will have to be a straight ascent. That makes it a little hard but not difficult. Today I have to get the wound vacuum and it's associated equipment together and box them up for shipment back to the provider. Once it's boxed all I have to do is call the provider and they'll have UPS come and pick it up at their expense. That's a relief to me as I don't have two spare pennies to rub together. Other than that there's nothing special going on around here. There was a little action on the layout earlier this morning. A small beetle had gotten in somewhere and made the mistake of crawling across the north-west quadrant of the layout, just to the west side of the park. A wolf spider suddenly darted out of the station and snared the offending beetle then carried it's catch back into the station where I would assume it enjoyed a good meal. I didn't think something that big could get through an HO sized window but it seems to do it quite easily.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/DSCN2335.jpg
 
Jeff - looks like that beetle walked into a BAD neighborhood!:eek: Not unlike some of the places around Baltimore where I used to go railfanning as a teen (never alone of course!)
 
Jeff i wouldve flipped out, not many things really scare me, but spiders are one of them, i had a small spider crawl across my shoulder one night, probably around 1am, needless to slay i packed up and slept on the couch the next few nights.
 
How quickly things change. Last weekend 82. Today Sunny and 68. Tomorrow cloudy and 63. Saturday 60 with rain.

Tomorrow afternoon I'll be dorpping the car off to have the oil pan gasket replaced. At least I think that's where the leak is. Maybe, just maybe Saturday I'll get the 1"x4" to put together the bench work.
 
Jeff i wouldve flipped out, not many things really scare me, but spiders are one of them, i had a small spider crawl across my shoulder one night, probably around 1am, needless to slay i packed up and slept on the couch the next few nights.
That reminds me of a young guy we had in the fire dept some years ago. He weighed all of if not more than 300 pounds. He was standing beside a ten foot tall pumper truck when a little spider ran out in front of him. I still don't know how he did it but he seemed to make it from the floor to the top of that truck in one step.
 
I'm justa lurking in the shadows waiting for something exciting too happen.....if you hear snoring, you'll know I found something more interesting to do.
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top