Come on in to Coffee Shop 21

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been behind Mikey setting up an ambush: Here Karly, Karly, {whistle}, here boy! I have some crisp Christopher meat for you.:D

Steve: Yeah, I am still fast as "stepping on a snake", but through the (few)older years I've become more wise and just lay-n-wait. Then, in a whirlwind of fury, I pounce at the opportune moment and rip & gnaw away at the prey. Hear that Chrisy boy. :cool:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
JIMBO! Hey JIMBO! I know you are reading all the nutty goings on here. Come on in and join us. We all have virus protection. Wait! Let me make sure mine has been updated. :D
 


I've been behind Mikey setting up an ambush: Here Karly, Karly, {whistle}, here boy! I have some crisp Christopher meat for you.:D

Steve: Yeah, I am still fast as "stepping on a snake", but through the (few)older years I've become more wise and just lay-n-wait. Then, in a whirlwind of fury, I pounce at the opportune moment and rip & gnaw away at the prey. Hear that Chrisy boy. :cool:

ROFLMAO.........To Late...........Your already in my cross hairs!;):rolleyes:
 
JIMBO! Hey JIMBO! We all have virus protection. Wait! Let me make sure mine has been updated. :D

Jimbo ya's got to watch out fer Roxy here! I caught him sniffing around in place that would make a billy goat puke!!! Lord knows what he's got's infeted wit!:p:D:rolleyes:;)
 
I hate friggin' spiders! Squish 'em all!

During the summer months, at night, I take a flashlight into the backyard and go Black Widow spider hunting. Armed with my big shoes and a can of wasp spray I seek out and destroy as many of the little girls as I can find. One night I got nine. A nice 36" flexible ruler will do some damage as well. ;)
 
Afternoon, everyone.

The reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. :) It has been a rough two weeks though.

My BIL died unexpectedly from a heart attack on February 6th. I left for Cleveland early on the 7th to be with my sister and her family. I flew through Memphis rather than Atlanta, since Atlanta can be a mess in the winter. Big mistake. Memphis got hit by an ice and snowstorm and my flight to Cleveland got cancelled, so it was overnight in Memphis. Finally got to Cleveland late on the 8th.

My sister is not the best at handling details, and especially financial details, so I spent most of the week getting all the paperwork filed for the will, insurance policies, and getting accounts transferred to her name. The funeral was on 10th and it was a nice send-off. He was only 65 but has been having lots of medical problems over the last couple of years.

I realized once I got to Memphis that I had forgotten to pack my laptop. My sister doesn't do computers, so I was pretty much out of touch for the whole time I was there.

It snowed every day I was there except on the day of the funeral. It was never above 20 and the wind chill was like zero. I remembered real well why I left Cleveland when I was 21.

I couldn't wait to get back to Alabama and get away from all that snow and cold. I flew out on the morning of 12th and we were told enroute to Memphis that the Montgomery airport was closed because of ...snow! :eek: Cripes!! Another night in Memphis. I called Dianna and she said, yep, there was about four inches of snow in the yard. Finally got back home on Saturday.

About two hours after I got back, I got a splitting headache. My temperature spiked to 103 and the food of the day decided to come back up. Every bone in my body ached. It was off to bed, where I spent the next three days going from the bed to the john. I was finally able to keep down some solid food yesterday but I feel like I've been run over by a truck - a big truck. :D I'm at least up and around today but not ready to run any marathons.

I'm just plowing my way through my e-mails and haven't had time to read anything here on the forum. Thanks to those of you who expressed concern about me. I hope everyone else has had a better time of it than me over the last two weeks.
 
Hello Jim It's nice to see you back in some kind of form!:D:D Prayers for your and your sister's families. Hope all goes better---

Chris What'd you do to Rex? :eek:;);):rolleyes: tsk tsk:):)
 
I hate friggin' spiders! Squish 'em all!

I don't mind spiders as long as they're not the type that are dangerous to humans, e.g. Black Widows or Brown Recluse. I got a visit from a rather strange-looking critter in the summer of 2006, seemed fascinated by my steel mill:
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/CSX_road_slug/layout_visitor/Visitor01.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/CSX_road_slug/layout_visitor/Visitor02.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/CSX_road_slug/layout_visitor/Visitor03.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/CSX_road_slug/layout_visitor/Visitor04.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/CSX_road_slug/layout_visitor/Visitor05.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/CSX_road_slug/layout_visitor/Visitor06.jpg

...He climbed on every single one of the six ingot buggies parked under the stripper crane!:D

Jim - glad you finally stopped in, I was afraid you were gonna make a liar out of me!:p BTW Thanx for picking up the tab on that steak dinner Chris ordered for me on Tuesday, it made a perfect Mardi Gras meal
 
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! Urpppp!

Dang! Here it is after 5 PM and nobody woke me up this afternoon.

AND Jim made an appearance! Sorry I missed that! Welcome back!!
I promise to stay awake longer tomorrow, but it is tough when you start to get old!
Watch out Littlefoot, you will get older , every day.:)
 


ROFLMAO.........To Late...........Your already in my cross hairs!;):rolleyes:

Chris, um, I think I smell your ammo!!!!:rolleyes:

Jim, glad to see ya made it back. Most sorry to hear about your BIL. Your sis is lucky to have a bro like you. Bad stroke of luck on the sickness, might have been caused by your Credit Cards overheating,,,,,,,,Chris has been buying steaks like a drunken sailor! Better check em for "overheating"!:D

Ken I've got them little guys in my basement too from time to time. At least until Midnight finds em!!:eek: Kitty likes to pounce on anything that moves!!!:D

He be watchin you!!!
 
It's a TwentyOne fisted DMSF salute to the return of Jimbo! Here's mud in Roxy's eye......;) And it's all Karls F.A.U.L.T!
 
Jim! nice to see your back, boy what an unfortunate string of event youve had to deal with, sorry to hear about it, but hey your back just in time to watch chris give us alittle show i beleive :D

WVMM- Im with you buddy, if theyre outside, and away from the house, ill leave them alone, but other than that, i leave, or they get squished. Brown recluse spiders are up here, and it bothers me saying how ive found them in my basement :( :eek:

Chris and Karl- Are you fixing to give us a show here? Cause this seems like it could be entertaining!

Mikey- Im gonna steal willis' signature here and say "growing older in mandatory, growing up is optional", :D

My parents just announced we'll be going to D.C in june, which im kindve excited for, we're staying in a hotel, which is cool but id rather take the camper. Ive always wanted to go to the smithsonian, and i guess theres a zoo there, which is also pretty cool cause i love animals. I already told my dad we werent leaving until we went to Arlington National Cemetary, and he agreed :), im sure the whitehouse, congress, lincoln memorial, all that stuff would be cool, but I need to go to Arlington.

And call it a hunch, but im pretty sure we're going to Vegas as well, in april, my dad travels out there once or twice a year for the big seminars for other people in his position throughout the country, and apparently this year my mom is going too. She and my dad both know ive wanted to go west, and my sister does too, not to mention me and my father both like the show pawn stars, so while were out there, as goofy as it sounds i think we're gonna go just to say we've been there.
 
Went to town today to get some more paint. I got three sample pots of rust colored paint, each a slightly different shade from the other and from the two I already have. Rusty rail (Olympic), rusted earth (Valspar) and rustica (Valspar). They're all Satin latex which makes them safe for me to use. Me and enamels don't get along at all and they must be used strictly outdoors. I could get acrylics but that costs more than a bit more.



I got a visit from a rather strange-looking critter in the summer of 2006, seemed fascinated by my steel mill:
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/CSX_road_slug/layout_visitor/Visitor01.jpg
That my friend is a jumping spider. Very quick. They're no threat to humans.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jeff how far are you from the French Quarter? Im just wondering if you have to deal with any Mardi Gras madness.
A long, long ways. I'm in Vernon parish which is in west central Louisiana. It's an 18 mile drive to the Texas state line. We have our own Mardis Gras celebration here, though I've never attended it. That's way too much foot time.
 
A long, long ways. I'm in Vernon parish which is in west central Louisiana. It's an 18 mile drive to the Texas state line. We have our own Mardis Gras celebration here, though I've never attended it. That's way too much foot time.

I see, hows the foot feeling, i had one of those stupid boot things once, talk about a pain in the ____!!
 
I see, hows the foot feeling, i had one of those stupid boot things once, talk about a pain in the ____!!
The foots doing better. It hurts quite a bit less when I have the boot on. I agree with you about them being a pain. I've used the off and on since 2004, sometimes on both feet at once!
 
2 feet at once? Boy thats gotta be a real bummer, i thought i had it rough when i messed up my ankle in rec soccer in the 6th grade and had to ride the pine, but you win, 2 at once trumps a hyperactive 6th grader having to sit in the games :D
 


2 feet at once? Boy thats gotta be a real bummer.
It was even rougher than you think. I was working in a wood shop at the time. I helped build all wood office furniture. No particle board in that stuff. It was all walnut, pine and birch. Once in a while we'd get an order for oak. Everything was made to order totally by hand. One time we even 17 sets of paratrooper benches for a training school. When we weren't making furniture we were making things for the army. Wood ammo boxes, target dummies, accurately weighted training aids for the use of grenades, mortar shells, heavy artillery rounds, etc.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top