Come on in to Coffee Shop 21

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
How ya'll doing, LOL i can't wait to be a coffin dodger like you guys, at least i'll be able to do railroad stuff again :p
 


How ya'll doing, LOL i can't wait to be a coffin dodger like you guys, at least i'll be able to do railroad stuff again :p

ROFLMAO! Oh God that's FUNNY......"Coffin Dodgers!" That's better than, Blue Hairs, Q-tips, or Knuckle drivers, or 4 O'Clockers!

I don't know if I want to be like them though:confused:,

Everything hurts, Sex may kill ya, Your Teeth sleep beside you in a glass on the night stand smiling at you, Everyone under 40 calls ya Sir or Mr. or Move Old Fart! You get your kids name confused, You talk to people that ain't there, You can't remember where you put your keys, 10 seconds after put them down. When you do find your keys, You forgot where you parked your car......After spending hours looking in the parking lot for your car, you remember you took the bus. Now you have to figure out where the keys came from?:eek::confused: Damn my life is confusing enough, that's what I have to look forward to is, "Senior Moments!" for the remainder of my life. how ever long that is:eek::mad::( Good God I love my trains but not that much to have to wish my life away!:D This has been a paid Rambling's of a 40 something.....continue on not paying attention to me...........;):p
 
Well reading through these posts has got me a tad worried for what the future may hold.

I "severely pulled" my MCL and ACL in both knees during football a year ago, docter told me id most likely never be able to play football or even baseball do to the fact im a catcher. Besides that i also have scoliosis which might explain some back discomfort. I managed to stay out of surgery for the knee, reflecting on it now i shouldve taken the option while i had it, i wound up going through like 8 weeks of PT followed by another 2 "quite time" weeks. My docters do keep mentioning my knee everytime im there, and its been progessivley worse over the year since ive gotten out of PT. The scoliosis i could care less about, its there, nothing i can do about it really.

On a happier note, i did very well on my midterms.
 
Ok guys! You don't have to have surgeries to feel old when you ARE OLD! :D

49 years and NO surgeries! Considering how many times I was tossed off a horse, a bike, or a garage roof, plus a few car crashes and a motorcycle into a barbed wire fence, its a wonder I still look as good as I do!
Yeah, the blood sugar witch has cursed me, but I bit the bullet, lost 85 pounds and regulary exercise and found it helped a lot.
 
49 years and NO surgeries! Considering how many times I was tossed off a horse, a bike, or a garage roof, plus a few car crashes and a motorcycle into a barbed wire fence, its a wonder I still look as good as I do!
Yeah, the blood sugar witch has cursed me, but I bit the bullet, lost 85 pounds and regularly exercise and found it helped a lot.

What Mr. B is failing to tell you is that all of those injuries were sustained escaping from jealous husbands, :)
 


Well reading through these posts has got me a tad worried for what the future may hold.

I "severely pulled" my MCL and ACL in both knees during football a year ago, docter told me id most likely never be able to play football or even baseball do to the fact im a catcher. Besides that i also have scoliosis which might explain some back discomfort. I managed to stay out of surgery for the knee, reflecting on it now i shouldve taken the option while i had it, i wound up going through like 8 weeks of PT followed by another 2 "quite time" weeks. My docters do keep mentioning my knee everytime im there, and its been progessivley worse over the year since ive gotten out of PT. The scoliosis i could care less about, its there, nothing i can do about it really.

On a happier note, i did very well on my midterms.

Matt, from watching my parents age, as well as watching myself too. I figure more than likely I'll head down the same path too:rolleyes::o so I figured your only as old as you let yourself feel(thank God for pain killers;):p) and to hell with everyone else. I to refuse to grow up or slow down and make myself an easy target for the grim reaper!;):D Long as I can dodge those pot shoots my son takes at me on the airsoft field and mow 20 yards a day on average.....I'm doing good for a 40 something!;):D
 
Hey Vato, you an Airsofter too? Been playing since 2001. It helped me lose a LOT of weight. If the weather holds, I have a game this weekend. Hopefully the weather won't sap my batteries. I'll be carrying my HK 416 and a a motley assortment of AK variants and plenty of .25 BBs. Oh yes, and a rubber KaBar :D
 
None of my injuries are from football, unless you can trace my neck problems to mashing head-on into running backs that weighed 40# more than I did. The back is from just being stupid and having testosterone rushes.

The knees started playing a "friendly, non-contact game" called Slo-Pitch softball. I played second base and got my foot caught under the bag taking a throw from the outfield and a guy trying to stretch a single into a double. He was right there when I put the ball down, and he wasn't sliding. He was out and I got my bell rung along with a knee injury. He and his team were thrown out of the tournament for rough play and unsportsmanlike conduct. The also injured another player from another team. They just laughed and thought it funny. Got my revenge the following year when I slid into second with my spikes a bit high. Their shortstop got 31 stitches.

I was back playing within two weeks, albeit in a heavy brace. That was 31 years ago, at age 26. Most of the surgeries were just to clean things up. The left leg got messed up slipping on the ice while ice fishing. I went to the hospital after a day of fishing. I knew I was hurt, but we did get our limit of walleye and perch. That was 5 years after the right leg got hurt the first time.

And if the Grim Reaper wants me, he'd better bring a lunch basket. It's gonna take a bit.

Back to trains....Can anyone here apply decals? I've ruined three sets of hard to find PRR F7 decals. My left hand ad arm is numb and I can't feel much. Makes it tough for me to apply decals. Anyone up to the task?

Bob
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back on track now :D Chris it's all your fault i had a senior thingy, what was i going to put next, damn it it's gone whatever it was, must be that old age thingy :confused: the other guys have gotten.

TWO more get up's and it's the sunny life for me, for a week anyway
Check this out for a cooker, it's a griddle over a hot gas vent in the restraunt volcanic griddle
 
Hey Vato, you an Airsofter too? Been playing since 2001. It helped me lose a LOT of weight. If the weather holds, I have a game this weekend. Hopefully the weather won't sap my batteries. I'll be carrying my HK 416 and a a motley assortment of AK variants and plenty of .25 BBs. Oh yes, and a rubber KaBar :D

Nothing officail just a couple of us dads and our sons. Dads hunt the kids and vise versa. only rule change we do is 2000 rounds a man for the whole game. Makes you think before pulling the trigger!;);) I had a Echo MP5 but I droped the dang thing and broke the reciever and it needs a bad over haul. I was going to fix it but it's cheaper to just buy a new one! so right now I'm springing it with my back up Famas. I would love to get a http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ERM-AK-LR300-L.htm A&K LR300 Long and the boy a http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ERM-AGM-M4-036.htm AGM 036 M4 CQB gun if and when cash become available.....But more than likely I'll end up getting us a pair of these http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ERM-BI-M4-3281.htm, I seen a few of these on the field. I was impressed with them and for the price! I sold...Now If I won the loto wouldn't mind a A&K M60 http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ERM-AK-Mk43-C.htm !:eek: Mount that on a Small Railbuggy gokart or ATV and use it as a Gofast support vehical:D

We're thinking of using scout vehicals now?:confused: My sons got a great Minibike that kinda looks like a WWII indian:o It's quiet enough and fast enough to be used in that role? Below are my back up a Cheap-O Famas springer and My double eagle. The double eagle is my favorite, Cheap and easliy replaced if broken or lost and at 315 FPS with .20 BB's it brings the pain :D
 
Last edited by a moderator:
If the weather holds, I have a game this weekend. Hopefully the weather won't sap my batteries.

WVMM, I solved The Battery Issue Forget Nihm and Forget Li-Po! The answer lyes in Li-Ion! Way better battery More power, goes all DAY(24hrs), Full Charge from dead........15 minutes. and no special care requirement! Plug and play.....also the Li-ion way lighter than a large 6cell. the volt say 6.6 but kicks like a 12v!!!!!!!

Down side The battery is wider and tad bit bigger than a large cell 7.2 volt battery. So you have to jerry rig mounting it like i did. My MP5 ROF with a 8.4 volt Nihm 12.:rolleyes: 16-18 with the Li-ion!:eek:.......Only mod to the gun is Replace all tamiya plugs and go Deans power plugs! This battery will melt Tamiyas in a heart beat! the other down side $$$$, Charger & 2 batteries $350.00!:eek: I dread to see a A&K m60 or saw with this kinda power!:eek:

BTW like the Redneck duct tape on my gun:D LOL's
 
Good morning folks

It was 27 F as I hit the highways this morning. The high will be 37 F. They are mentioning that S-word again for this afternoon and evening. It looks like the big rodent out in western PA saw his shadow so we have more winter coming.

Last night I had to ferry the kids around; my daughter to flute lesson and my son to Boy Scouts. Not much else happened.

Tonight we are supposed to have guitar lesson for my son and volleyball practice for my daughter. I guess we will have to see what the snow does.

Next week my daughter’s school Engineering Team will be recognized for their 2nd place in their competition at the School Board Meeting.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Good morning. It's 44 and cloudy. The high is forecast to be 57 and it will be partly cloudy. According to the weather guesser the chance of rain is zip. He said that yesterday and it rained off and on all day.

Went out yesterday and paid those bills that have to be paid in person. Thankfully there's only a few of them. Most of the others I paid online. I spent part of the day at my parent's place getting their new fax machine set up for them and setting up a new printer/scanner on the computer. For that I got treated to dinner at Ryan's in DeRidder. I have to go to town today for my once a week visit to the foot doc. Hopefully I can part company with this wound vac. I'll go from there to Wal-Mart to get the grocery shopping done.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P2020419.jpg
 


Morning. 51 now working towards 65. The rain forecasted for Wednesday has been pushed to Friday so we'll see. After an encouraging November and December, January has fallen flat so work will be tension filled today.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top