Come on in to Coffee Shop 21

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
REX Thanks for the kind Birthday words sir, i didn't think anyone cared
but it's not till 29th March LMAO

Woke up to find it all frozen and hard outside Brrrrrr, we fly away in the morning and we have snow forcast :)
 
Good Morning--

We got snizzling going on here----a combination of snow and drizzle---with our current temperature at -3C means some o' this is freezing on contact.:(:cool:

Got some stuff to do --- Dang Hd list---keeps growing:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Welp. Off to do this----:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:
 
Mornin All,
4 degrees this morning and getting ready for another snow dump on Friday.

Chris- I'd like to see some rain. It would wash all the salt and dirt of the roads.

This is the first day in the last week and a half I don't have to go to my parents. My mom sprained a knee and has been off her feet for a while. Both are getting up in age and dad can't take care of himself too well. So, when mom's down I get the call for meals and erands etc. Maybe I'll get some MRR time.:)

John, around March we won't see but one or two Brief rain showers again until June. Then we Get's Hurry-Can/Can't Season which ='s rain!
 


Good morning everyone.

Somebody shoot that groundhog!:eek:

I took the plunge the other day and started doing scenery in my yard/industry track area. What a mess that was getting enough water and glue down to saturate the ballast, earth and cinders. It got so wet that the cork under the track started to swell. This caused the ballast to dry funny. Oh well, I only did part of area to see if I liked the effects. I like the look so far, it's just a little dark. This is one of the areas I've been itching to add ground cover to. With the exception of my trestle, none of the layout has natural scenery. It's just packed with buildings. Onward and upward!

I spent the day in the freezing garage the other day cleaning it out. The amount of crap that gets brought in on the cars is amazing. Though it was cold out, it felt good to do a 'summer' project. It helped cure some of my cabin fever.

I didn't see where anything too major happened on here lately. Things must have settled down for everyone.

I hope you all have a great day.
 
Good morning folks

It was 30 F as I headed out onto the wet highways this morning. High will be 40 F.

We had another weather bust overnight. The mis-forcasters built up the so-called storm for 3 inches of snow and a horrendous rush hour this morning. My kids’ school district decided 7 PM to open 2 hours late this morning and that was 3 hours before the first flake fell. I awoke this morning to about an inch of snow on the grass and sidewalk and the roads just wet. Now they are trying to set off a panic for Friday night and Saturday with the coming of a “big” snowstorm.

My son had guitar lesson. They cut my daughter’s volleyball practice short because of the impending snow last night.

Tonight is Cub Scout den meetings. I am teaching an anti-drug program that the BSA developed to our Webelos and some Boy Scouts. My wife is supposed to be taking her den over to a local hardware store for a tour and a talk about tools. Of course she may be late. She and my daughter are going on a class trip to New York City to see West Side Story on Broadway.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
John, around March we won't see but one or two Brief rain showers again until June. Then we Get's Hurry-Can/Can't Season which ='s rain!

Been there done that. We got to tallahassee the end of April 1994 and saw our first hurrycane:rolleyes: that summer. We took a picnic lunch to the coast in Apalachee Bay to watch. Turns out it was a cat1. Not too impresive but, the wind surfers were fun to watch. Don't believe I'd watch anything higher up the scale though. My uncle lived on Siesta Key for 30 years and in all that time only had water event. He said that's the price for living in paradise. I guess he's right.
 
Good morning everyone.

Somebody shoot that groundhog!:eek:

I hope you all have a great day.

You might almost get your wish! some left wing group are fighting to get Phil released and replace him with a Robot Ground Hog. Reason?.....Cause They think Phil is being cruley treated and shouldn't be inhumainly treated like he is! Good Lord they are really reaching out on this one.:rolleyes::p We need and Animal weatherman! May be will get better Hurrican predictions! How About, "Hurrican Chuck, the 12' Gator!". I like to see our Govenor Charlie (Anti-) Crist, pull him out of the water!
 
Chris, they're right, it's better to let him go and watch him get hit by a car!:eek: I don't like animals being abused, but some people are idiots.:)
 


Chris, they're right, it's better to let him go and watch him get hit by a car!:eek: I don't like animals being abused, but some people are idiots.:)

JMO, LOL... but that ground hog look well fed and well looked after! Your right some people are idiots and shouldn't be allowed to have animals or be with in a 100 yards of.......But in the case of Phil......He ain't hurting!;) The getting hit by a car reminds me of that Otter in Calyfornia that got released and seconds after it's release it's eaten by a shark! ROFLMAO, The wilds better....Has any one talked to that sharks poop and got the oppinion of that sea otter? Once in captivity...then it should remain....JMO!
 
Good mornig all. Pretty much the same in SoCal. 47 heading for 65. Rain acomin' Friday (so they say).
Yes, it started out being Tuesday night, then Wednesday, now Friday. :confused:
When we had all the rain here, I was glad I had that big honkin' SUV to drive through the flood and mud to get to and from work. It's currently 43 on my front porch, heading for (maybe) 60 today. I guess I'll spend Saturday getting a new windshield put in the Suburban, instead of doing anything...
 
Yes, it started out being Tuesday night, then Wednesday, now Friday. :confused:
When we had all the rain here, I was glad I had that big honkin' SUV to drive through the flood and mud to get to and from work. It's currently 43 on my front porch, heading for (maybe) 60 today. I guess I'll spend Saturday getting a new windshield put in the Suburban, instead of doing anything...

It ain't like Florida is it Terry? ;):p:D And I bet you lost your ruby red slippers too!:D:p
 
Good morning. It's 43 and cloudy. The high today will be in the mid 50's and rain is a definite possibility later today with a 15% chance at 1 pm increasing to an 80% chance by 10 pm.

I'm expecting a visit from a Home Health nurse around noon today. After she changes the dressing on my feet I'll be heading to Wal-Mart to finish the shopping. Whatever else happens today will occur of it's own accord. Some layout work is a possibility.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P2030423.jpg
 
Hi Guys and Gals!
I finally broke-down and bought 1gig of RDRAM memory for my Dell. It was a whopping $175, but this will keep the old gal going for awhile and save me money by not buying something else. I had to do some hard researching to determine the correct type (many configurations for same type machine) and finally downloaded a little free program called CPU-Z. Very handy fellow that gives you all the details and part numbers on your computer's CPU, Motherboard, memory, etc.

I also found out, the RDRAM is not an outdated Ram, but a faster Ram than anything on the market. This is why the price is so high and why they are now used only in very high end computers that are for high performance tasks. (Well, my Dell isn't one of those, it's just what they stuck in it.)

Jeffrey, I owe you an apology. Yes, the motherboard in my Dell is a Dell, not Intel. All the chipsets, etc., are Intel and all the peripherals are 3d party.

Corey: you still need to try alcohol instead of water for your ballasting. I was reluctant to try it, but it doesn't swell up the ballast like water and because of its quick evaporation, aids in the drying time;).

Odd that they would worry about the groundhog when he is treated better than zoo animals. Danged do-gooders! EDIT:Most farmers will shoot the danged varmints!

My backdrop painting was put on hold. The joints didn't get covered good with the taping and joint compound, so I had to do them again. Should get past this obstacle today and get to do more fun things.

:)Have a good'un! CUL:)
 
Last edited by a moderator:


A couple of years ago, I shot 37 ground hogs. They are evil little critters as they dig burrows and that can lead to cattle breaking legs and having to be destroyed before time for market. A .243 does a pretty good job on the little varmints!!!!! And a .308 ballistic tip just blows 'em up!!!!!!!

About 10 years ago, I was helping Angela's brother harvest soy beans. I "sucked" up a groundhog into the combine. Wasn't pretty. And the machine didn't slow down one bit but it did make a weird sound when the little critter got to the augers. Kind of a "chawump!!!". Out the back it went.

Well, today is just another grand day in Hoosier Paradise....gray, gloomy, not as cold though.

I've been TRYING to clean the workbench so's I kin git some stuff done. Not progressing very well. I keep finding stuff that I thought I'd lost. Finding stuff that I forgot about. And finding stuff that I can't remember why it's there. Anyone else ever have that problem?

Rex, glad to see you finally got a "turbo-charger" for that thing. Makes a BIG difference. I upgraded my Gateway to 4g of RAM. Holy Smokes!!!! I thought I had a new computer.

A program I found to be a good one too is Wise Registry Cleaner. It really made the computer walk the dog once everything got cleaned out. Pathways were all messed up and it took care of all of that.

The other Gateway only has 2g of RAM but still does a great job. Can't wait to get it back up and running again. I'm hoping to upgrade it with a new graphics card. Should help with some of my problems with that aspect.

Bob
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top