Come on in to Coffee Shop 21

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeffrey, I owe you an apology. Yes, the motherboard in my Dell is a Dell, not Intel. All the chipsets, etc., are Intel and all the peripherals are 3d party.
Don't worry about it. I've seen many Dells that are set up the same way whether they have Intel or AMD processors. I've seen a few brands in them that I don't recognize.
 
Jim I wanted to ask you. My wife and I went down to railroad retirement in NYC today to offically retire from the railroad. I had an appointment for 9:30 am. I got there at 9:00am which to my surprize there was a long line of people waiting to go through the bomb detector machine. I said, I going to miss my appointment. After about a half hour it was our turn. Off with the shoes, belt and all that stuff etc. etc. and then when my wife walked through, the alarm goes off. She told security I have nothing on me that would trip the machine. After a few passes through they couldn't get the machine not to sound the alarm and they finnally let her pass. She has a stainless steel heart stint implanted in an artery. Would this be the cause of the alarm. If it is, maybe the next time we go traveling I know what to expect.

George
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Miracles do happen!! There is a god!! (never doubted sorry for any confusion). Report cards came a few days ago, and it looks like ill live for another 10 weeks, not to mention baseball season is coming up, even though the snow will still probably be on the field.

Funny you mention Punxatawny Phil (not even going to attempt spelling it :rolleyes:), we were talking about that in lunch the other day, about how much of a shock it must be for the fat little guy.

I mean hes in a glorified doghouse, and then one day in the middle of winter, someone reaches in, picks him up, and throws him up in the air, in front of cameras with flashbulbs, and a good sized crowd, id run back inside too :D

Chris and WVMM- You boys mentioned airsoft, do you ever play paintball? Ive played a few times and its a blast.
 


I have a titanium pin in my knee that has never set off an airport alarm. When they put it in I was told I would be okay at airports, but would probably have trouble at a Federal prison (I had to stop visiting my mother-in-law :D). Either that sensor was set particularly high or stainless steel causes more problems.
 
Chris and WVMM- You boys mentioned airsoft, do you ever play paintball? Ive played a few times and its a blast.

I have...I wasn't crazy about it when someone was using frozen paint balls during a game!:mad: Paint ball is way to messy for my taste Plus the airsoft guns are more realistic!
 
I have...I wasn't crazy about it when someone was using frozen paint balls during a game!:mad: Paint ball is way to messy for my taste Plus the airsoft guns are more realistic!
Frozen paint balls! Wow! I bet that smarted. That could have gotten him a guest of honor spot at a gator feeding down here.
 
I was luck not to get hit! My friend did....That sealed the deal to go Airsoft! Plus I can Have CQB's a round the house with out having to hose off the miss shots off the sides of the house and car. Plus airsoft target practice's is easier to host!
 
...A program I found to be a good one too is Wise Registry Cleaner. It really made the computer walk the dog once everything got cleaned out. Pathways were all messed up and it took care of all of that...Bob

Bob that is what I have been looking for. I will check into it. The problem I have with most of the system/virus/hardware programs is they come up with all these "questionable" files and stuff and I haven't the slightest idea if I should delete them or not. Is this one pretty good about taking care of things without me guessing?
 
I use AVG myself. Anti-virus, link scanner, resident shield, identity theft protection (extra), anti-spyware and email scanner (incoming and outgoing, so if someone says I sent them a virus I can tell them truthfully that I didn't).
 
I'm an AVG user as well, seems to work really well and the fact that it works with my gmail makes it all the better

as for the paint ball/airsoft, i've played both and airsoft is a lot more fun paint ball just hurts at the end of the day.
 


I'm an AVG user as well, seems to work really well and the fact that it works with my gmail makes it all the better

as for the paint ball/airsoft, i've played both and airsoft is a lot more fun paint ball just hurts at the end of the day.

Ask my friend that got hit with a frozen paint ball!:( I'm not looking forward to storming a Base with one of these in it: http://www.trinityairsoft.com/p-1198-echo-1-minigun-long-version-airsoft-gun-discontinued.aspx Thank God there's only 125 of them out there!:)
 
Say Chris and others,
Airsoft can be a great training tool to learn tactical techniques from a real senerio standpoint, but when I heard of the number of shots allowed per game/sesion that is anything but realistic in a true field situation with real weapons.

A .223 AR uses basically either 30 or 40 round magazines and for anybody in the feild in an actual combat situation they may have four to six, maybe 8 extra magazines on them, so at 40 rounds each, between 200 to 300 or + a bit, available rounds to defend themselve with. You can only carry so much weight and move around somewhat freely.

And if you happened to have an AR-10 - 308 cal or such the weight basically doubles so there's an added factor. Your smaller 264 caliber cartridges such as the Grendel are in between the prior two from a weight standpoint. So in reality there is No Way your going to be able to run around with even 500 rounds of ammo on you let alone 1000 or more.

So limited supply of ammunition means making each shot count as best possible because in a real life situation, when your out, you SOL and possibly dead! Of course safety in numbers so if at all possibly always have a buddy along but you still need to conserve your ammo.
*****************************************************
Deleted, Warning! Don't try this again

*****************************************************
Hope you guys have some real weapons besides the Airsoft stuff, it may well be needed!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Say Chris and others,
Airsoft can be a great training tool to learn tactical techniques from a real senerio standpoint, but when I heard of the number of shots allowed per game/sesion that is anything but realistic in a true field situation with real weapons.

A .223 AR uses basically either 30 or 40 round magazines and for anybody in the feild in an actual combat situation they may have four to six, maybe 8 extra magazines on them, so at 40 rounds each, between 200 to 300 or + a bit, available rounds to defend themselve with. You can only carry so much weight and move around somewhat freely.

And if you happened to have an AR-10 - 308 cal or such the weight basically doubles so there's an added factor. Your smaller 264 caliber cartridges such as the Grendel are in between the prior two from a weight standpoint. So in reality there is No Way your going to be able to run around with even 500 rounds of ammo on you let alone 1000 or more.

So limited supply of ammunition means making each shot count as best possible because in a real life situation, when your out, you SOL and possibly dead! Of course safety in numbers so if at all possibly always have a buddy along but you still need to conserve your ammo.
******************************
Controversial
Paragraph Removed

*****************************
What your doing is a very good thing but IMHO you need to bring your BB count way down so you have a better idea what you need to do in a real life situation.

It would make a lot more sense to me to try and learn markmanship and stealth in consealing your self and learning to hit your oponent/ target with the least amount of shots. Practice One-shot, One-Kill !! Times are getting extremely trying and I would hope each and everyone of us stays alive if a fight should errupt which is highly probable due to the fanatical nature of these Radicals as they only know what Allah allegedly Commands and are Blind To Reasoning. It's their way or NO WAY and all non belivers, even those amoungst them who vary from their Shira Law are viable targets as are all Christians, Jews etc.

Hope you guys have some real weapons besides the Airsoft stuff, it may well be needed!

Now my small group in some games we do limit ammo to real counts. It depend on the game and it's players. One game we play is "OK corral!" each player is armed with either a spring pistol or pump action shot gun. then you are issued 30 rounds. It is played CQB style and all players/Teams start out facing each other 50' appart! Then well......all hell breaks loose. We have all kinds of real world battle situations and we do Limit rounds at times.....it just depends on the gamers! as for the guns you can load them with One BB or 1000. My cheap-o FAMAS hold 30 rounds and My double eagle holds 12 rounds. as for the Now dead MP5 Holds 10 to 50 rounds. My guns are close to real world rounds. When It comes to Camo.....I like to use real tree or Mossy oak some time I cover 100% and sometimes I don't. Either way I damn near vanish in the woods! David Next time your in Florida your invited for a Game!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I uninstalled AVG as it was becoming a space hog and downloaded Microsoft Security Essentials. The computer immediately speeded up and my Registry software has found no abnormalities since I switched over. Before I was getting anywhere from 2 to 150 empty registry keys and several shortcuts errors.
 
I have a titanium pin in my knee that has never set off an airport alarm. When they put it in I was told I would be okay at airports, but would probably have trouble at a Federal prison (I had to stop visiting my mother-in-law :D). Either that sensor was set particularly high or stainless steel causes more problems.
I have more metal in my body than you would find at your local Ace Hardware, and it's a crap shoot whether the detectors will go off. It didn't at the airport, when I was boarding an overseas flight, but did at the courthouse, where the ORFs were suing each other over the height of their petunias.:rolleyes:
 


Good Not So Morning:eek:

I'm all awake and piculous doing the laundry:mad::mad: Why?:eek::confused::mad:

Because some ding bat had to try to break into my garage:mad::mad: My next door neighbour was just coming home --saw this--and was trying to apprehend the guy--called up a few police--more like 6 others and they got the guy.:eek::eek::mad::mad::mad: He had already stole a bunch of stuff out of my other neighbours garage and he got caught at mine:eek: All so he could have $$$$ for his drugs---:mad::mad::mad:

I'm going to finish the dang laundry---:mad::rolleyes::mad::mad::rolleyes::eek:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top