Evening, everyone.
Rex, sorry to hear about your MIL. I know that her condition is not likely to improve, but I hope she's being kept as comfortable as possible. Your story about the lemon rind is funny. I got caught with bubble gum, which cost me 20 up and downs.
Matt, I'm sure Rex and me would have killed for an on-field shower. The only time I got a shower is if it came from the sky or after three hours of practice. I suspect the general level of aggressiveness in football coaches hasn't changed since I was your age - they're just not allowed to slug you any longer. What's the deal with your fish? If they are dying, figure out what's the problem with your tank before you start buying any more of them. Oscars aren't cheap, and they'll eat almost everything in your tank but another Oscar.
Terry, I have the switch out of the wall, and it only has a power wire to the center terminal and a wire each that goes to the up and down terminals on the switch. Is there some way I can test what the switch is actually delivering to the motor before I continue to tear the bed apart? When I use a jumper from the center power pole, the down position sparks and makes a noise, but the up position side does nothing. One thing I will say for Safari is that their construction quality is first rate. Trying to demolish it is what's hard.

I hope you get out of that apartment into something better.
Chris, I have a feeling some of may end up in adult day care, but it will be to take care of our drooling and change our diapers.
Mikey, I've been working on my Trek at about four in the morning, when the temperature finally drops below 85. The Trek has a lot of lights, so it's reasonably easy to see what I'm doing, but I still need a headlamp to look into those dark corners. It would be a lot easier to work on it in daylight but, like you say, I would last about 10 minutes before I had to rest up for an hour.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I will soon be joining you in the Medicare ranks.

Don't fool around getting coverage though. You only have three months to get enrolled in a Part B program after you turn 65. If you don't get it within that time frame, the benefits will be delayed, and you'll pay twice as much.
Jeffrey, I've got a Magic Jack too. Best thing since sliced bread. I have my computer on all the time anyway, monitoring my weather station, so it's no big deal to leave the phone plugged into the Magic Jack. I don't know how Vonage survives with their cost structure compared to the Magic Jack.
We had some clouds today, so it was slightly less stifling than it has been. I thought we were going to lose our 100 degree streak for a while, but we had some sun in the afternoon and managed to reach 100 degrees exactly, so our streak continues at 18 straight days. We tie the record tomorrow if we get to 100. The NWS discussion says we have a better chance for storms tommorow as a weak "cold" front pushes through, but I'll believe it when I see it. I think we'll still make to 100 or more some time during the day.