Coffee Shoppe XXIV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon, everyone.


Karl, don't ask me why Biscuits got chosen as our team name. It was apparently the result of a vote by the fans here. I think it was a bad joke. It's hard to come up with a team slogan and song that makes you sound too scary if you're a biscuit. :)

I don't know?:confused: Haven't you ever tried to eat a biscuit or two dry with out anything to drink:confused: That could get scary if you start choking to death!:D;)
 
Jeff- I dont know how rural of an area you live in, but even a cheap tracfone cell phone would be a good idea for a reason just like that. I know mobility isnt your strong suit and that would prevent it in situations like that.

Jim- I know i need a larger tank. Right now i need to urge my grandma and grandpa to set up their pond so they can have a good home. With my grandma going through kemotherapy i dont want to bother them anymore than i need to. Ill probably keep 2 and a sucker though as pets in my room. Your right about my knees, thats one of the things my ortho told me to watch for and be prepared for. Hes almost certain that ill wind up in surgery for it eventually in my life, but for now im ok. It was very cool participating in the dig. Thats how i got that college credit. They werent really after anything in particular, thats considered treasure hunting. Theyre looking for artifacts to look into the daily life of soldiers and help layout a general map of where buildings were. Some of the items i found were some rosehead nails, pottery shards, an intact door hinge, a bottom to a rare type of bottle that some of the archealogists have never seen before, native american pottery, clay pipe stem, and lots of other cool stuff. Its really pretty amazing to pick through stuff from 260 years ago and wonder what went on.

Well today i went to work and got everything done pretty fast. We came home, grabbed the wheelers and headed to a family members house warming party. We went up early to ride the trails and had a blast running the wheelers. They went to the party clean, the wheelers are red and tan and you cant tell eithers original color. It was a blast though and we managed to assemble a group to go back tommorow. It should be alot of fun.

Anyways, have a nice one gentleman.
 
Jeff, all of the in-the-tank fuel pumps that I've had dealings with have a filter on the bottom of the pump. If the filter plugs up, then the pump shuts off pretty quick so that the pump doesn't get damaged. Filters are much cheaper than pumps but they are just as difficult to work on.
 


Hi everyone

Karl sends his greetings, I spent most of the day helping him move into his new house-covered basement. [Ought to get a pretty good-sized layout down there!] He'll be cut off from the cyber world for the next few days because the earliest his Cable company can send a tech out is Monday or Tuesday.

Jeff sorry to hear your having those issues with your ride. So you still can't drive the new van because it doesn't have a steering column? I hope that situation can be resolved asap!

Chris - there must be some way you can make some arrangement with a lawyer without giving him a humongous fee up-front? Sometimes young attorneys who want to establish a 'name' for themselves, will take on financially-challenged clients at reduced fees. There may even be a website that you can do a google search on to find such laywers in your area. In any event, just visiting a laywer [even if you don't end up hiring him] will send a signal to your FIL and 'ex' that they won't just be able to take you to the cleaners without a fight!

Corey, my heart goes out to you and your wife for the unfortunate situation. I hope you do get a new young'un out of that large IVF investment. But I know at least two couples who adopted a child [or two, or three, ..] and then the wife got pregnant. In spite of the docs saying she'd "never conceive".

CJ - I'll be posting an XtrkCAD question in the "Layout Planning" forum, hope you'll weigh-in on the discussion!

Rex - sorry to hear about MIL, hope the situation works out OK.

Matt - much as you love the sport of football, just keep in mind that you can do permanent damage to your body. A friend of mine and Karl's who did college football had to have 2 crushed vertabrae surgically removed later in life, and give up several of his favorite activities (including motorcycling).

I'm sorry I didn't reply to every one of you, but it's midnight in my time zone and I'm really zonked from carrying all that furniture today. I need to catch a few zzzzz's - g'nite!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Andy The ANPL Coffee Shop is for anything non RR related except Politics and Religion. We just come in here to blow off a little steam or have a good nature d gab fest. Welcome to the Coffee Shop. Since you are the newbie here keep your credit card handy as the drinks are on you. This is a coffee shop tradition that I think Chris started when he BORROWED Jim,s card and went wild on us. We just have a good time in here and keep up with each other on our home front's and just life in general.
 
Andy The ANPL Coffee Shop is for anything non RR related except Politics and Religion. We just come in here to blow off a little steam or have a good nature d gab fest. Welcome to the Coffee Shop. Since you are the newbie here keep your credit card handy as the drinks are on you. This is a coffee shop tradition that I think Chris started when he BORROWED Jim,s card and went wild on us. We just have a good time in here and keep up with each other on our home front's and just life in general.

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe.....LOL's!:) And the Poo, you forgot the poo flinging!;) Andy if ya own a pair of rubber boot's I would wear them if I were you!;) ROFLMAO....

"Breakfast is on AndY!"
"Flo, I'll have a 24oz.. steak and egg breakfast, coffee, and donut! And as usual put it on the new guys tab!"


BTW: Larry as soon as I get time I'm comming up there to Barrow your BX!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
OK Chris I will be done with it in a bout 20 years so if my SIL does not want it come on up. LOL LOL LOL
 
Good Morning

I Need RawCaffeine In An IV Bag!!!!

Yes!! Seriously!! I've been attached to my cellphone due to being on call since Friday and do you think the dang thing will stay off? NO!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Anyways---we are having another sticky week with hardly any thunderboomers coming this way--there were a few over the last couple of days but we here saw absolutely nuthin':(:(

Welcome to the diner ANDY!!:D:D:D
 
Welllll saying how andy's buying,

Flo, a stack of pancakes with bacon and homefries on the side and a tall glass of OJ.

Welcome to the coffee shop, best to just leave your credit card on the table or in Chris' hand :D
 


Good morning.
Flo, I'll have the He-man 12 egg Ham & Cheese Omelet and a large coffee, put it on the new guy's tab. Welcome Andy, and thanks for breakfast.
Yesterday I went out house-looking. We may have to adjust our housing budget, since everything we looked at is pretty much a shack or someplace I wouldn't want to live. A couple of places I didn't even stop the truck, I was afraid somebody would steal the tires. As it was, I lost several lug nut covers from people trying to steal the hubcaps while we were moving :rolleyes:...

I posted this in the for sale forum, but does anybody have a spare Proto HO RS10 or RS11 shell, complete? Mine took an unplanned excursion to the floor, and several pieces are broken off, as well as the shell cracked when it hit the ground. Since it's a DCC/sound unit, I'm putting forth a serious effort to find a shell, rather than making it look like a refugee from the boneyard and parking it by the shop.
 
Went to check on the car this morning. Looks like nobody has bothered it. I have some people around there keeping an eye on it and the cops are watching it. They seem to like having it there. Almost nobody has broken the speed limit on that section of road for nearly 20 hours now. I also picked up a can of Valspar clear frosting for glass and plastic. I'll try it out on a scrap model and see how what it does.
 
Well, the car is now parked in my parent's south driveway where it's out of the way. They use the east driveway. I was thinking about getting a crew together to go load it onto a trailer but I didn't want to be out in 95+ degree heat any more than they would. So I called a local towing company and had them pick it up and bring it out here. $35. That's certainly a lot cheaper than what a new fuel pump will cost. If I can get the parts I need for the van the car won't get a new pump, just a ride to the scrap yard. I'm tired of constantly spending money on it.
 
Got the gas line moved in the attic this morning so the stove now sits about 5 feet for where it was at a 90 degree angle form whence it came. The baseboard hot water heat is almost removed and I am sweating like a spit hog. Glendia told me I STANK so I got the trusty ole cologne out and gave meself a couple of squirts. LOL now I STANK like a french whore. LOL LOL Oh well I do not plan on going anywhere anyhow. Tomorrow we are headed to the Indiana State Fair for most of the day so no demo work or construction work will get done then. Tuesday I have my contractor 2nd cousin coming over the give me a hand with the leveling of the kitchen floor. Hopefully he will think my idea will work if not then it is on to plan B whatever that might be. I need to fire up the weed eater and mow either tomorrow afternoon after the fair or this evening yet cause the weather guessers are saying the possibility rain for the next 3 days. HI HO ! HI HO !! Its off to work I go. HI HO! HI HO!!
 
Afternoon, everyone.

Woo-Hoo, a new guy. Welcome to Flo's, Andy. I'll have the same as Terry plus one of those famous Belgian waffles. I'm hungry and Chris says Andy's credit is good...unlike mine. :)

Chris, I'll have to pass your idea about eating a couple of dry biscuits along to the team office. I'm not sure how we could make that into a logo without being too disgusting, but it's better than what we have now. He looks like a cross between an anteater, an elephant, and a chicken. I have no idea what that's supposed to do with a biscuit.

Jeff, gotta agree with Matt, you can get one of those Virgin pay as you go phones for like $20. Way better than hiking around trying to find a pay phone with your feet. That old car of yours is about ready for the scrapheap, no doubt about it. Are you going to transfer all the emergency equipment to the van? That should be interesting if you do. :)

Matt, you can get a cheap under gravel filter and pump for about $15 at Walmart that will work fine on a small tank. You should thank your lucky stars you're playing now, when they send you to orthopods with injuries. We just got an ace bandage and were told to suck it up. :eek: I can tell you from experience that it's not worth playing second string and getting a bunch of injuries that I'm now paying for.

Ken, I like that -"House covered basement". That's how I looked for houses down here. The basement was for tornado protection, of course. :rolleyes: How is you wife doing?

CJ, we're now about 9 inches below normal and in a stage 2 drought. All the grass is drying up, and the corn and cotton isn't looking too good either. What kind of pain meds do they have you on. If you haven't tried it, dilaudid is about 10 times stronger than morphine but has much fewer GI side effects. There's an extended release form out now that allows you to only take one pill every 24 hours. My dad was on it in his last stage of prostate cancer and he got total pain relief after we tried everything else, including transdermal fentanyl. That was some bad stuff. :mad:

Larry, after Chris's light fingering with all our credit cards, I'd make sure the Kubota was double locked and guarded by a big dog. :D I never smelled a French whore, but it must be pretty bad if she smells like you. ;) How come your kitchen floor is so out of level?

Barry, sorry about the never ending phone calls. I just let calls go to voice mail after I got a certain number in one day. It's a pretty good system, too, since about 75% of the problems were fixed by the users when I finally called back.

Terry, I think you're on the wrong side of the tracks, or something. Can't help with RS shells, but I do have a P2K Southern E-7 shell if anyone needs it. I'm still slowly peeling back carpet, trying not to wreck anything. I can't even look at the motor until I get all the carpet off, drill out the pop rivets on the aluminum channel, and then peel the channel back without bending it up too bad. This has to be one of the worst pieces of engineering I've ever seen. :(

We've got little storms all over the place today but, of course, each one is evaporating just before it gets to Prattville. Made it to 100 degrees exactly, so our string is now 21 days. With the clouds that have started to develop, we're now down to 96. If this keeps up, I'll have to start looking for my sweater. :D
 
Afternoon, everyone.


Chris, I'll have to pass your idea about eating a couple of dry biscuits along to the team office. I'm not sure how we could make that into a logo without being too disgusting, but it's better than what we have now. He looks like a cross between an anteater, an elephant, and a chicken. I have no idea what that's supposed to do with a biscuit.

Now a old dry hard biscuit could be thrown as a weapon of some destruction. And Mickey D's biscuits can be down right deadly if eaten!:eek:

I think biscuits could be made scary if given enough thought!


BTW: Raw Biscuit dough could be deadly and fun at the same time too! Fake baseball made out of biscuit dough?? Hmmmmmm, Say the first pitch from the biscuits pitcher should be a dough toss!LOL
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff, gotta agree with Matt, you can get one of those Virgin pay as you go phones for like $20. Way better than hiking around trying to find a pay phone with your feet. That old car of yours is about ready for the scrapheap, no doubt about it. Are you going to transfer all the emergency equipment to the van? That should be interesting if you do. :)
I'll put the 2-way police/emergency radio and the police air horn in the van but I'll likely sell the light bar. The van's charging system only puts out 65 amps and the bar pulls over half that much. It would put too much of a strain on the alternator and the regulator. Yes, they are separate on that model. 65 amps was more than enough back in 81 since the only computer on board was the coil firing module which pulled maybe 10 amps. The rest was used to keep the coil energized, supply power for the lights, the gauges, etc. Many of today's cars take 60 amps just to run the computers never mind the injectors, the fuel system and whatever else they put in them now. If I could put a 120 amp alternator in the van I would but I don't believe the electrical system would be able to hold it. It might hold an 80 amp but not much more. The wiring is just too light. In the subject of the Go phone, Centennial and AT&T are the big phone dealers here. Neither of them offer that plan in this area any longer.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Jim, I may have missed the reason why in the posts somewhere, but isn't that bed inside your Trek? Doesn't it have an air conditioner? Doesn't the Trek have a generator? Why not start the generator, turn on the a/c, and work in the cool?

The above suggestion is too obvious, there's gotta be a reason why not...:rolleyes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top