Evening, everyone.
Whew, as the other Southerners have been saying, it's dang hot! The high today was "only" 103 with a high heat index of 113. That's compared to yesterday, with a high of 106 and a high heat index of 122.

You really can't stay outside for more than a half hour without getting in some air conditioning. I have to wear gloves to open the RV door because I literally get second degree burns from touching it. On top of that, we haven't had any rain since July 14, so everything (except the Kudzu) is dying. We are well on our way of breaking the record of 18 days in a row, since today is day 15 and there's no relief in sight.
Terry, the Trek in your link is the one I have. It's been a good RV, and this is the first problem I've had with the bed. I managed to get seatbacks free of the bed, but nothing doing in terms of it goingf up. I pu the bed stops in a few notches below the bed, and it does move down, but not up. I need to tear off all the carpeting and then get the aluminum channel off to inspect the motor. I'm hoping a wire pulled loose, but I don't think I'll be that lucky. It's not hard work, but tedious, especially when you have sweat pouring off you and blocking your view.
Jeffrey, I have no idea how you can drive around in a car without air conditioning.

I'd be dead in minutes. It's bad enough just waiting for the A/C to finally cool down the car enough to bear. I suspect your your malaise and tiredness really is from a good case of heat exhaustion, so stay in the house tomorrow. Repeated bouts of heat exhaustion cause cumulative injury, and that's the last thing you need with your poor circulation. Gald you got the fan fixed though. I have two auxillary fans mounted in front of the A/C coils in the Trek that I can turn on manually, and it made the difference between being able to operate the A/C in stop and go traffic or overheating if I left it on.
Matt, I always loved getting back in football practice too. Of course, it's alot easier when you get cool temperatures and some showers. Those August wind sprints when it was in the high 90's in Cleveland weren't fun at all.

Be careful about hitting anf use your padding wisely. I didn't and have a rotator cuff injury that has now developed into arthritis in my left shoulder. I could probably pass a ball 10 yards now. I know you want to go all out for the team, but you have a long life ahead of you, and no one from the team will be around to help you later in life, when the injuries really start to tell.
Rex, can you imagine when people lived in this heat all the time with no A/C? They must have been way tougher than me. I think I'll join you at Karl's...or maybe Ken's place. BTW, the stuff I had didn't need any laxative to solve. Glad to hear your problem came out alright in the end.
Barry, sounds like that must have been a scary and painful moment for Audrey. Not only should that joker do a little time, it should cost his insurance company some money. I'm glad to hear her injuries were not more serious. I only came close to being hit one time. I had just done a traffic stop, opened the patrol car door, and had it torn completely off by a passing drunk. I was really pissed, and took off after him...with no door on the car. I wish I would have had that one on tape.

I got him stopped about five miles up the road, and really had to control my temper getting him out of the car and cuffing him. My immediate urge was to beat the snot out of him.
Chris, do you have a lawyer? If not, please get one ASAP. Every time you attempt to make contact with your wife, you can be sure that will bought up as you harassing her. You need to file for divorce and get her in court, where the child custody issue can be laid to rest. Since your son is 13, the judge will give more weight to what he wants than what either of you want. Unfortunately, it sounds like court is the only way to resolve the marriage, so doing so sooner rather than later will save you a lot of heartache.
Karl, it sounds like you're having a real ball planning that railroad empire for your new house. Nothing like a blank slate to get the juices going. I really do hate moving, though, so I sympathize with your aches and pains.
Corey, I think I stopped at that place on one of my cross-coutry jaunts. As I remember, he was kind of strange old guy with a yappy dog. It was a pretty neat tinplate layout. I think he had every operating accessory ever made by Lionel.
As far as those booming car stereos, there's a firm working on an electromagnetic pulse generator with a focused beam and can be mounted on the front of a patrol car. If it works as expected, it will fry anything electronic in the car you're chasing, including the ignition and computers, which means the end of the pursuit real quick. I often fantasized about having one of those when I'm behind one of those thug cars with the 26" rims and foul language rap music booming out of all four windows down. Just one little push of the button is all it would take to end that problem.
Hope I didn't miss anyone. If I did, I hope you're doing as well as can be expected. I've been helping my future SIL move into his new rental home, and I'm bushed. It's still 87 degrees here at 10:35 pm.

Time to take the garbage to the road and then do nothing but stand under a cold shower for about an hour.