Coffee Shop XXXIX-9/21/2013

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Thanksgiving ...

Here are some carloads of food being delivered to the wholesaler. Should be enough for Thanksgiving.

FooddistributorHL_zpsd5afcf3b.jpg
 
Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Thu 11/28/13

HAP_THNKSGVG.png

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png


POUR_COFFEE1-Copy.png


:cool:

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Temperatures will range from 19 to 28 degrees with clear skies. Winds will range between 13 and 20 miles per hour from the south. No precipitation is expected.


2mfc7lu.jpg
 
Good morning and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I'm cooking wild rice for the stuffing and waiting to put the bird in. Today I'm thankful for my family, weirdly enough, my job, and for having the basement trim done just in the nick of time!:) It's not really done, but the part that my family will use is done. I finished trimming the windows yesterday morning.:o The plan is to empty the train room this week and trim out the room without obstructions. Then I can get down to the nitty gritty of reassembling the layout sections and track. Nothing like arbitrary deadlines to move things along.;)

I hope everyone has a great day!
 


Good morning. It's 33° with 89% humidity. The high will be 52° and feel like 59°.
pcloudy-1.jpg


Got up this morning at 5am and came into the office/computer room and turned the heater on low and went back to bed for a while. It was 28° then. The low tonight will be the same and Friday night will be 32°. The lows for the weekend and coming week will be above 40° with a little rain here and there. Well enough about the weather.

I should be able to get some work done on Oliver's train adventure. The walkway through the old style passenger car has it's share of dangers for him and I'm going to put some dangerous elements into some of the seating compartments. If I don't enjoy my Thanksgiving he could have a really bad time in a couple of those compartments.

I'm going to be keeping an eye on my little redneck contraption that keeps the drive cards in my //e standing straight. It works well enough when the system is cold. I hope it'll continue to stay in place when things heat up a bit.

P2060443.jpg


P1240399.jpg


DSCN5668.jpg
 
Nice to see you Bob!

*

OK, I have two of the seating compartments of the old passenger car programed so far. In the first compartment (#7) there's a chance Oliver could get robbed, attacked or killed. Or all three! It depends on the variables and where he searches. In the second compartment (#6) he might find what was taken from him in #7. Of course there's also the chance he could get killed or kicked out of the compartment! As I said, it's a bunch of criminals on the train. I also programmed the food service area. Oliver will be all right provided he doesn't find the troll that's in one of the cabinets. If that happens he won't be in any condition to tell the tale. Looks like there's some action going on here. Still got nine more compartments to program.

My niece came over and told me that I will be going to my sisters place for Thanksgiving dinner! They will make sure that I get there.
 
Thanks, Jeffrey. My wife and I are at my son and daughter-in-law's house with my daughter and two granddaughters, minus our son-in-law who couldn't make it. Ready to carve the turkey and begin the feast. It's great to be off work for a few days and be with family!
 


Thanks, Jeffrey. My wife and I are at my son and daughter-in-law's house with my daughter and two granddaughters, minus our son-in-law who couldn't make it. Ready to carve the turkey and begin the feast. It's great to be off work for a few days and be with family!

Family always makes it great. I never married so I have no wife or kids therefore no family of my own.

*

Got up to my sisters place after all. It was a group effort. Her home is in no way ADA compliant. My sister brought her car down into my nieces driveway. Using my walker I had to get from my fathers place to my nieces driveway. That meant hopping the steps in front of my fathers place. They're low so that wasn't too hard. Then it was up the driveway to my sisters car. An easy ride up the hill to her house. Then by walker from the car to her front steps. Now this meant sitting the bottom step and pushing myself up backward to the top step then using the porch rail to pull myself upright. Then over to the door where there's another two steps. I literally had to get down on all fours for that to get into the house. Once inside I found a comfortable seat at the table and stayed there until it was time to leave. Getting back to my fathers place was easier because there was only one step to go up, not eight. Boy! What an upper body workout! One of my nephews friends asked me how strong my left leg was now. I simply told him not to get where I could kick him. How strong are my arms getting? I can lift two Apple IIe computers at once, one gripped in either hand. They have steel frames and they are quite heavy.
 
A Happy Thanksgiving to all -- for us it was a quiet dinner for two, very pleasant. Now doing the evening copyediting shift. Someone has to get the paper out :)

We'll be staying away from the malls and stores tomorrow, too. Whether you're braving the crowds or not, have a great long weekend if you get one!
 
Happy Thanksgiving All!
Like Erik, a very big meal for only the two of us (I've already made a big dent in it). The Daughter and family will all be here Christmas, so we are happy with that. Everyone in T-town is in a buzz about the Alabama-Auburn game coming up Saturday. I asked the wife if she had any horse tranquilizers...I will need them,lol. ROLL TIDE!

Been awhile since I've stopped by for a cup, but I have been concentrating on the BC&W work and reworking some of its operations with Railroad&Co. Also, we went camping end of last month for 2 weeks and celebrated our 47thwedding anniversary at the campsite. Got me some wild flowers to give the wifey, which got me out of a jam not getting her roses....the thought....right....right! LOL :D
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on 47 years, that's quite an accomplishment! My wife and I will be coming up on our 39th in a couple of months. Time flies when you're having fun.
 
Happy Thanxgiving all!

I definitely had my fill of turkey, tators, and all types of other high-calorie foods. Most of the family members were here except for my 23yr-old who lives in South Cali (probably not very far from you David), she and her husband will be joining us for Christmas though.

BTW Rex - congrats on the 47!

I managed to sneak down to the workshop and get a little bit more done on my Walthers coke oven upgrade project. What a complex kitbash this has turned out to be. The concept is simple: Take an existing 'vanilla' coke oven battery and sandwich a second set of ovens between the original set and the charging tipple. As I soon discovered, doing surgery on an already built structure without irreparably breaking anything takes an enormous amount of patience! And I think I mentioned earlier about the missing panel of oven doors missing from the kit, which I had to recreate myself using a wide range of Evergreen dimensional strip styrene.

CokeOvenDoorsPushSide_zps21f89d0f.jpg


Finally got the new set of ovens shaped approximately close enough to graft them in.

CokeOvensWithNewExtension_zpsb0db87fe.jpg


Need a lot more filler material <JB KWIK>. that will require a trip to my LHS and the LHW. Fighting the Black Friday crowds, oh joy!

Enjoy the rest of this 4-day weekend, and those of you travelling home, be careful!
 
Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Fri 11/29/13

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png


Morning_CoffeeSTEAMING-Copy.png


:cool:

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Temperatures will range from 20 to 33 degrees with clear skies. Winds will remain steady around 5 miles per hour from the east. No precipitation is expected.


2mfc7lu.jpg
 
Good morning to anyone not in a triptophan coma. My spell checker doesn't like that word, but can't tell me why. Some days it's fun to play Stump The Computer...
In a couple of hours, we will be heading out for out third Thanksgiving meal, this one a couple hundred miles away. I don't anticipate any issues getting there, but heading home Sunday morning could be an adventure.
 
Good Morning All!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving Day. Our dinner for two was great, and I ate too much. The wife went all out with this meal. Today, is leftover day; so is tomorrow:).

Currently, the temperature is 30°, and has ranged between 25° and 30° for the past 12 hours. They describe it as "Tranquil" conditions. It's supposed to be mostly sunny, with temperatures rising to the upper 30s. Not a bad day.

Since we elect not to participate in the rompin' stompin' shoppin' frenzy, there will be plenty of time to do some serious work on my layout, today and tomorrow. There will be plenty of Hockey and football on TV to fill in the rest of the day. The Greenberg Train and "Toy" show is at Edison, this weekend. We may drive up Sunday. By experience, Saturday is busy for this show. It's mostly Hi-rail oriented,with a lot of Junk Dealers, but there are enough HO vendors to interest me.

Rex: Congratulations on 47. Our 36th is coming up next month.

Ken: The coke oven project looks good.

Enjoy the weekend.

Joe
 
Hiya gang~!

I hope everyone is recovering from a tryptophan induced coma!:rolleyes: Had a quiet T day with the in-laws, and phone calls from all the kids except the one in China,,,,he's excused. We chatted on facebook instead.:o

Ken, the coke ovens look great,,,,they will be installed before the next visit,,,,right??
Rex, congrats on 47 years. If I live to 92 I'll be able to make the same claim!:rolleyes: Wildflowers might work for you, they definitely work for me. See I managed to find the one girl who does not like roses or diamonds or even gold! :cool: Here engagement ring is Aquamarine in a silver setting.

However, I found out that my Aunt/Godmother had a stroke Sunday night, her 2nd. She bounced right back after the 1st one 15 or so years ago, but at 79 years old, this one doesn't look so good. The good part is she is at the same hospital I was at with mine. The do incredible things there, so we remain hopeful.

Gotta get going on leaf patrol today. The house looks like it was in a snow globe full of leaves, and the gutters are full!
Cya!!
 


Ken: Project 'coke ovens' is looking great.

*

Good morning. It's 37° with 87% humidity. The high will be 55° with some clouds.
cond026.gif


Had a good Thanksgiving meal yesterday. Even after my meds/insulin last night and meds this morning my blood sugar count is STILL over 340!

We found out yesterday that we have a big rat hanging around at the back of the house near the dog door. We haven't found any evidence yet that it's been in the house. Perhaps it hasn't discovered that it can go through the dog door as easily as the dog can or maybe it has something to do with the cat that's waiting on the other side of said dog door. We kept the cover on the door last night. I was still up after midnight so I let the dog out the front door so she could get her business taken care of then she was back in like a shot. Too cold out there for that pampered poodle!

I may get a chance to work on Oliver's adventure today. I think after the negative experiences I programmed into the first two compartments (#7, #6) he should have an easier time today and find a couple of pleasant surprises. However he needs to be mindful of the kid reading the Archie's comic book. That little brat is twisted and evil!

My little piece of redneck engineering that's keeping the drive cards in my //e aligned seems to be holding up OK. The heat within the case especially with the co-processor in such close proximity doesn't seem to have effected it.

DSCN5680.jpg


P1220390.jpg


DSCN2314.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top