Coffee Shop XXXIX-9/21/2013

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe it, Bama lost! Oh well, there's always next year! My wife is absolutely sick about it, as I am, but when you don't play your best against Auburn, you WILL lose! Bama definitely didn't play even close to their best tonight, and it showed.

People outside of the state of Alabama don't understand just how big this rivalry is to us. If you haven't seen it, in 2011, ESPN 60 for 60 had a documentary explaining it fairly well. It's called Roll Tide/War Eagle. If you get a chance see it. Even though Bama is 11-1, because we lost to Auburn, we've had an unsuccessful football season. But I gotta say it-


ROLL TIDE!
​

Good night all!

 
David - You're right I guess you are not as close to my daughter's place as I thought [she lives near Temecula]. As for the FastTracks turnouts, I have 3 of them installed at very busy locations on my layout. Nobody at the last op session complained of any derailments, so I guess I can say they are a success!

Jeffery - I guess now we'll also have to start calling you Dr Frankenputer as well, LOL!

Carey - condolences on the game result, I know how passionate the rivalry is down there from visiting 'bama a few times. But I suspect Mikey [PinkFloyd] may have a different perspective on this...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Sun 12/1/13

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png


VEEDERSBURG_DEPOT.png


:cool:

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Temperatures will range from 28 to 43 degrees with clear skies. Winds will range between 6 and 12 miles per hour from the southwest. No precipitation is expected.


2mfc7lu.jpg
 


Good morning. It's 53° with 73% humidity. The high will be 68° with lots of clouds.
condmc-1.jpg


Today I intend to get some debugging work done on Oliver's adventure. I had found several bugs in the program and DOS coding yesterday and had corrected them in the program listing but hadn't yet saved the corrected version. My niece was working outside hanging Christmas lights and managed to pop the breaker my //e is on. Needless to say I lost the corrections and have to go back through and make them again. Relatives. Gotta love 'em. She does that again and she'll be getting a bundle of willow switches for Christmas.

In other news I accidentally knocked one of my Varney/Athearn F3's off the top of my internet computer this morning. It hit the tabletop, bounced over onto a wood file cabinet then fell some more and hit the long foot of the left leg (metal) of the computer table before coming to rest on the carpet. The front worm clip was knocked loose and the motor was knocked partially out of the mounts. Nothing I can't fix in ten minutes.

Time to get on with the day.

PC040242.jpg


PB260227.jpg


DSCN5705.jpg
 
Carey,I agree totally with what you are saying. For all intensive purposes,Bama gave that game away. They really did not try hard enough in my opinion to win. They made way too many stupid mistakes,and beat them selves. William.
 
Good afternoon all,
Hello Francine, where's Flo, oh, she has the day off so your taking care of everyone here at the dinner, all by your lonesome. I see there are quite a few of the RR forum guys in so I'll join them and see what's up. Your looking very nice as usual, your welcome. I'll just have some coffee for now, thanks.


It's a comfortable day here in Coarsegold with the temp at 66.4 °F and a Hum-i-did-ity of 42% with basically clear sky's. The low for tonight is supposed to be 39 °F, which is not yet freezing but I'm still glad I wrapped the new temporary incoming water line connection. It probably wouldn't hurt if I filled the bottom of the hole with some dry leaves for added insulation when it does get colder.


**Ken wrote:
David - You're right I guess you are not as close to my daughter's place as I thought [she lives near Temecula].**

> Ken, Temecula is an area South of the L.A. area and 349.8 miles away from me.


**As for the FastTracks turnouts, I have 3 of them installed at very busy locations on my layout. Nobody at the last op session complained of any derailments, so I guess I can say they are a success!**
>If they are built correctly they should function just fine as your did. Interestingly enough mine are also doing ok. I have noticed that some of the few cars I have backed through the middle turnouts frog are riding up over the frog so I have to look into that. Probably a gauging issue of being too narrow yet the Loco's seem to negotiate ok so I'll have to push or back the same Old Time Log cars through it to try and see what's happening? These cars have Kadee metal wheels so they should be in gauge. It could also be there isn't enough side-to-side movement [rocking of the trucks] to allow for differences in track irregularities too. Anyway, it all make for interesting operation and none of the little guys complain as it make their day go by faster and more interesting. And as most of the little folk say, 'It all pays the same'!


I hope every ones day and the coming Christmas Season is very enjoyable and filled with lots of Railroading!!
I see it's December 1st, 2013 and 14 more days till my 68th Bd., on Bill of Rights Day the 15th. God Bless America and all Patriots that Love this Great Nation or Ours!! To heck with all the rest.
 
Today I got some debugging work done on Oliver's adventure. This time I saved the changes as I went along. I also programmed in two more compartments, #'s 4&5. He may be able to find some things in them. Still got compartments 3,2,& 1 to go and then the deluxe compartments D1, D2, D3 and D4. Yes, this is a good sized luxury passenger coach.

I got the Varney/Athearn F3 back together. Nothing to it.

Tomorrow I have to go to Oakdale to get my foot looked at. Nothing serious. Just routine.

Well it's time to call it a night. See y'all sometime tomorrow.

PB240226.jpg


PB220221.jpg


DSCN5685.jpg
 
Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Mon 12/2/13

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png


arcadiatraindepot.png


Morning_CoffeeSTEAMING-Copy.png


:cool:

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Temperatures will range from 33 to 42 degrees with cloudy skies. Winds will range between 5 and 11 miles per hour from the east. No precipitation is expected.


2mfc7lu.jpg
 
Good Morning All!

FWIW, It's Cyber Monday! Being it's the first business day of the month, I have banking to do....then an excursion to the "dreaded" big box warehouse club. Then back home for a round of cyber bill paying. "Oh, the fun we shall have":rolleyes:!

I did manage to restore part of the layout to operating condition, with a new #8 crossover, allowing continuous running. The passenger train sails over the new crossovers. Next test is the SD40. I rebuilt the 24" radius reverse loop and added cross elevation, bumped out a 26" radius loop to 28" radius with easements and cross elevation, and replaced a #6 crossover with a # 8 crossover so far. Next step is to replace another 26" radius curve with at least a 27" radius and cross level, then run an extension for the main loop, including a passing siding. The reconstituted layout will remain a "out and back", but will allow operation of more trains, and more operational possibilities.

Have a great day.

Joe
 


Good morning. It's 61° with 100% humidity and patchy fog. The high will be 72°.
condmc-1.jpg


It won't be too much longer til I head out for Oakdale to Oakdale to have the calluses on my foot filed down.

My father and stepmother are outside trying to chase down a rat they saw out by the dryer vent. It doesn't look like they're having much success.

Did some Christmas shopping yesterday. Nope, didn't go anywhere. Did it all from right here. So far that involves a pair of shoes, a DVD and a 1/25 scale model car. That takes care of my father, BIL and nephew. Now I need to find out what to get for my sister, my niece and her husband. For the moment they're as tight lipped as a bunch of clams with lockjaw.

DSCN2265.jpg


DSCN2201.jpg


DSCN5692.jpg
 
Good afternoon all,
How are things down at Flo's today? Just coffee, thanks.

It's a cool but comfortable day here, 67.4 °F with Hum-i-dity 43% and a low of 44 °F tonight.


Well I thought I had my track spacing solved but I guess I missed a couple of spots as I could see the shay wanting to climb the point of the one frog so I guess it a little tight? sure enough when I checked it with the gauge it is a bit to tight so more unsoldering to do and move the stock rail or main outside rail out a bit. So I know what I'll be doing to get things operating correctly.

It sure is good to see the line extended as it is though as I think it going to get easier from here on out?
 
Made it to Oakdale and back. The doc trimmed away the calluses and said the foot is looking great. He even trimmed the nails.

No progress whatsoever on Oliver's adventure.
 
Good evening ...

Carey,I agree totally with what you are saying. For all intensive purposes,Bama gave that game away. They really did not try hard enough in my opinion to win. They made way too many stupid mistakes,and beat them selves. William.

I have a niece who attended Bama and a niece who attended Auburn. So, I remain neutral.

Jeff .... Glad you had a good appointment with the doctor.

My current project is to build a heavyweight sleeper/ lounge car. Burlington had two of these cars named Happy Hollow Club and Lancaster Club.

Happy model railroading.
 
Good morning. It's 63° with 98% humidity and dense patchy fog. The high will be 78°
pcloudy-1.jpg


Not feeling well this morning. I suspect the new med I'm on has a lot to do with it. I don't see much if anything getting done on Oliver's adventure today. I don't really see anything getting done.

PB060171.jpg


PA290112.jpg


DSCN5544.jpg
 
Jeffrey, that really sux about the new medicine!:( Hope those side effects are only temporary and that your body will 'adjust' to that drug...
 
Karl, I am very sorry about the passing of your Aunt. I only have one left; she is in her late 80's and in Evansville, Indiana. But, WOW, do I remember the fun times with all of them. There was one, Rosy, that could tell the scariest stories at bed time that would leave you shaking and sleepless all night...she was a rascal, lol.

Hi everyone! Many thanks for the congrats on the anniversary. Yeah, 47 years is a very long time. Would you believe every time a jewelry store commercial comes on with diamond rings, the wife is already passing hints for our 50th, :eek:.

Ken, the coke ovens are looking good. I know when I did something similar, it really improved the looks of the entire operation.

NOT going to comment on the Bama-Auburn game other than the Tide looked like a Chinese fire drill the entire game; not characteristic of a number one team. Prediction: Florida State vs. Auburn in the National with FSU destroying Auburn:p (go Seminoles!) . Sorry OSU fans, but I believe Auburn will jump to #2 after the SEC championship. Oh well, I can now relax...well, after an attitude adjustment:D.

I need to get out of here and start "organizing" the mess around the layout. There should be four operators plus me for my Op session Thursday.

The BEST!:)
 


Hi gang!
Just got back from Aunties wake. My Uncle seems to be taking it well,,,at least as well as can be expected. Thank you all for the condolences. As the evening progressed my cousins and I all started swapping childhood memories, causing my Uncle to break out and regale us with stories of our respective parents shenanigans! :rolleyes::cool:;) He was the youngest of 4, and now its only him and his sister left from his generation. Really, we really need to write this stuff down!

Time for the sandman,,,,cya all tomorrow!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top